Full Totalitarian State - Xinjiang

steveluv

7 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Suppressing religion, culture and even ideology will have its consequences in Xinjiang. Ppl will realised one day that what the govt is doing is a lie. It's not peace. The re-education camps are not schools, schools dont have high walls, barb wires and security cameras.

that is because the re-education camps are not for student or normal ppl. but for extremist terrorist law breaker  bababa.

even our boys home got highwall and barb wires.  

↡ Advertisement

56 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Haha got some pple leave then still lot of fb comments here and there. Haha some of my course mates do that and it irritates some of my close friends haha. Esp during election time haha 

My Preambree skool chat group mates do the same too ; kind of relieved it’s all over ......until had to mute it ....... 🤣🤣

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

that is because the re-education camps are not for student or normal ppl. but for extremist terrorist law breaker  bababa.

This is the video I'm talking about...you watch already you will understand. They are not like us mixed govt housing and ppl live together in harmony. For them everything is forced. The families are broken up, men in one camp, women in one camp and children in one camp. If they dont do they are told they are beaten tortured, threaten never to see their children.

Edited by Watwheels

4 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

My Preambree skool chat group mates do the same too ; kind of relieved it’s all over ......until had to mute it ....... 🤣🤣

Yeah evangelists on each side are sibei sian to the moderates or those of us who don't want to be bothered. 

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

You are thinking of xinjiang like it's a province in China that a normal prc citizen can travel to. 

Just like someone in selangor can go to say perlis. 

U can only travel there if u are authorised. Even tour groups are vetted. 

And the security checks there for anyone is like as if 9-11 just happened. Airport, Highways etc. There is hardly any hp signal even except in hotels or the 公安 post. 

I have yet to travel to Xinjang. If you have been to some of the rest remote places like Tibet and Ningxia. They were once also quite restricted too. Reasons are very obvious. To think their life are in a lockup 'imprisonment ' status is what many try to paint. Like was shared here girls hairs were shaven and not allowed to wear certain clothes to the extreme. 

23 million lockup and hidden from the world eyes. Living in poverty and salve like conditions with totally no freedom.  We need to travel more to see things for ourselves instead of relying on all these propaganda reports.

14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Ultimately what we think or do here doesn't matter to the prc govt. But I really doubt that's the case. 

Certainly there are separatists. But this is a deliberate attempt to change the native culture via hard means (as opposed to soft). 平乱. 

You don't want to be a Muslim uighur for sure. It beats being a rohingya but that's a pretty low bar. Lol

• Praise 3

Supercharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

So is she transgender? Cos honestly even regular homosexuals look more outwardly feminine. No offence to LTBQ pple. 

Just looks like a regular Edmw bbfa with long hair. 

From our observation i think he did nothing to change her appearance, but Genius have different thinking from normal person.

Edited by Xers007
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I have yet to travel to Xinjang. If you have been to some of the rest remote places like Tibet and Ningxia. They were once also quite restricted too. Reasons are very obvious. To think their life are in a lockup 'imprisonment ' status is what many try to paint. Like was shared here girls hairs were shaven and not allowed to wear certain clothes to the extreme. 

23 million lockup and hidden from the world eyes. Living in poverty and salve like conditions with totally no freedom.  We need to travel more to see things for ourselves instead of relying on all these propaganda reports.

My parents been to many of these places lah. They have no doubt over what China does over there. Even my dad who watches Chinese propaganda videos on YouTube lol. 

It's not North Korea but its not far either. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

My parents been to many of these places lah. They have no doubt over what China does over there. Even my dad who watches Chinese propaganda videos on YouTube lol. 

It's not North Korea but its not far either. 

My parents also there b4. Even he say its strict there 

But we need look at both side of the picture.

Why is it strict? Cos of violence  and terrorist activity. I dun need to dig those news out.

No doubt there is alot of work to merge the local with general chinese. Why ? So that china can be a whole. And every 1 life can turn for the better.

Xj now and xj in the past if very different. Its slowly growing into a modern chinese city. Some ppl say its bad . So u want it to remain a backward place forever where ppl live in huts? 

No doubt some culture will be lost. But its a fact every 1 there had better living condition then b4

. As for those interview, believe what u will. I believe in whatever country be it china sg usa as long as u didnt commit any crime. No gov will throw u into jail for fun.

Anyway it's where China tests some cutting edge surveillance technology. 

A drone that flies and looks like a bird? Deployed in xinjiang countryside. 

The first prc AI facial recognition software for cctv footage? Used certainly in urumqi and other urban centers. 

All tested in xinjiang. 

I believe xinjiang has one of the highest deployment of surveillance tech in the world. And prc sells them to other countries as well. Lol. 

Turbocharged
55 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Wuhan is a recent event, Xinjiang lockup has been there for years if not decades and also a firewall exists as not easy for foreign correspondents to enter that easily without being tailed ..... now with Trump being bold and daring and dares to walk the talk ..... with reports coming out of asylum seekers and the Western press is more than happy to take CCP to task 

It is not surprising for Taiwan to start this new story of Xinjiang given their beholden to USA. Timing is what Trump needs for his election campaign. I am very surprise to hear you  and consider Trump as 'walk the talk'  person. He is definitely bold because he has to throw everything he got. Every country in this world would have asylum seekers, we have ours in Australia and USA too. How much do you want to hear from them and why actions on some countries and not others? Political detentions are also very common, don't you agree? I am not saying China is angel but why now and so much focus? Hong Kong, Taiwan and now Xinjiang. A broken up China today, Asia and Singapore will be doom. We pray a stable China. 

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

My parents also there b4. Even he say its strict there 

But we need look at both side of the picture.

Why is it strict? Cos of violence  and terrorist activity. I dun need to dig those news out.

No doubt there is alot of work to merge the local with general chinese. Why ? So that china can be a whole. And every 1 life can turn for the better.

Xj now and xj in the past if very different. Its slowly growing into a modern chinese city. Some ppl say its bad . So u want it to remain a backward place forever where ppl live in huts? 

No doubt some culture will be lost. But its a fact every 1 there had better living condition then b4

. As for those interview, believe what u will. I believe in whatever country be it china sg usa as long as u didnt commit any crime. No gov will throw u into jail for fun.

This is a sociocentric point of view. Question is whether the uighurs chose this for themselves lor. Or it was chosen for them.

Some would say break a few eggs to make an Omelette. Just whether u are the egg right? 

Of course, there are also separatist movements in the west. The Irish previously. Less violent conflicts like the catalonians in Spain, Scottish in UK. 

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Of course, there are also separatist movements in the west. The Irish previously. Less violent conflicts like the catalonians in Spain, Scottish in UK. 

It's a bit tricky when you say less violence.  Cos it may be because the media does not hype it as much seeing it's in their own backyard.

Even the current riots in USA now.  It's more of we need more liberalism when its partially the cause of the riots.  No one dares to come out and say too much freedom is the problem.

And I just wanna say one thing. In USA we can scold Trump and nothing happens while if we scold Xi in China (actually i dont know but not going to try to find out) something might happen and the thing is we use this to say USA is good and China is bad.  We forget that in America or even in the west, there are a lot of OB markers what you can say and do and what you can't. We just look at the fact that we can scold the political leaders and we call it freedom.

Two cents.

4 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

It's a bit tricky when you say less violence.  Cos it may be because the media does not hype it as much seeing it's in their own backyard.

Even the current riots in USA now.  It's more of we need more liberalism when its partially the cause of the riots.  No one dares to come out and say too much freedom is the problem.

And I just wanna say one thing. In USA we can scold Trump and nothing happens while if we scold Xi in China (actually i dont know but not going to try to find out) something might happen and the thing is we use this to say USA is good and China is bad.  We forget that in America or even in the west, there are a lot of OB markers what you can say and do and what you can't. We just look at the fact that we can scold the political leaders and we call it freedom.

Two cents.

In PRC, there is a saying, 順我者昌,逆我者被嫖娼

Those who follow me prosper, Those who against me get prostituted.

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Two cents.

It is more than just scolding, Philip, it is the right to hold the leaders accountable.  Imagine we are all stuck with Donald Trump forever. 

• Shocked 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Question is whether the uighurs chose this for themselves lor. Or it was chosen for them.

actually this is the key,

frankly i tell u , they had no chose or decision over the Modernization of xj.

i am sure they will have all the freedom and right to practice their religion,  but there is no stopping the Modernization they like it or not.

its like our family private land take over by gov for development in the early 80s. my dad had 0 say over that also. development and Modernization of sg is bigger then anything else. 

↡ Advertisement