GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

I Dink... middle income... got house got car coming to 40. Life has had its ups and downs.... been abroad for work for a while.. all asian countries. Studied hard.. worked hard.. played hard. Went tru phases of support and hate for the ruling party.. appreciate the level playing fields at schools...the stability this economy provides. Hate the bias ness of work... and the arrogance of some statements.

i want change. I do not believe the best people come from a select family. I do not believe public sector work should command private sector pay. I believe we as a people are losing our identity becoz of the relentless pursuit of profit aka gdp. I believe schedulling elections during Covid is forcing the masses to choose the experienced.

government cannot make a decision that will please everyone... I accept I expect not to be pleased with every single decision. But if the management cannot admit fault from the top down.. they are doomed to fail. We have a right to vote. Do so wisely. Please.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

Turbocharged

Just wondering, have you heard of people who work in PA, RC, CC, grassroots vote against the whites while working in the organizations?  

Twincharged
16 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Just wondering, have you heard of people who work in PA, RC, CC, grassroots vote against the whites while working in the organizations?  

Sure have la, even those work with opposition parties will also have people who end up vote for pap. There will always have this kind of people around. 

25 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Every vote is SECRET

🤭

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
34 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Every vote is SECRET

🤭

Thank you for the confirmation.  Now I view the group of people who wave the lightning flag so violently on TV during GE with a bit more scepticism.

Edited by Albeniz

On 6/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, Philipkee said:

with @BabyBlade

A team with @pChou and @BabyBlade and if their logo is a Honda City, I will vote for them no matter where they stand.. I will even move my house to vote for them :yeah-im-not-drunk:

That will never happen and you know it well! Even A team with @pChou and @BabyBlade and if their logo is a Honda City, you still cannot vote for them, unless you are already living in the GRC where they contest in!

As for moving house just to vote for them? No way. The electoral register has already been open for inspection. It has been fixed for this GE.

So, hard luck. Try again next time!:omg:

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
On 6/14/2020 at 12:30 PM, Philipkee said:

with @BabyBlade

A team with @pChou and @BabyBlade and if their logo is a Honda City, I will vote for them no matter where they stand.. I will even move my house to vote for them :yeah-im-not-drunk:

If you vote for me for the next GE, I will bring back the $2 COE for all MCF members. [rolleyes]

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 5

6 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Let me tell you something.

There will be some who do vote for oppositions while working for PAP grassroots.   There are two kinds of people.

1) Those who say nothing.  They then give the impression that everyone votes for PAP.

2) Those who cannot shut up and keep talking about how bad is PAP and then start saying the votes are not secret when it is them who let the cat out of the bag by telling everyone who will listen who they are voting for.

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Some are quite bad, some only say the problem but never give solutions, some are just like to spin the story. 

To me I feel Lim Tean only know how to say out the problem and critise everything pap do but never give solutions. If this kind get voted in, it would be very messy. No good. 

Yes he speaks like WD40 but offers no solutions ...... initially I liked his so called talks but find them empty in depth as for solutions ...... just my 2 cents 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

35 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

If you vote for me for the next GE, I will bring back the $2 COE for all MCF members. [rolleyes]

Can you BanCoe totally ??$2/- COE got so much admin n extra paperwork’s 🤣🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
19 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Can you BanCoe totally ??$2/- COE got so much admin n extra paperwork’s 🤣🤣

No. $2 will cover the cost of the Certificate of Entitlement in hardcopy. We've heard Singaporeans feedback about paying $50,000 for COE and you don't even get a piece of paper. We hear you. For MCF members only, $2 will entitle you to a laminated copy of your $2 COE to frame up at home. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

18 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Some are quite bad, some only say the problem but never give solutions, some are just like to spin the story. 

To me I feel Lim Tean only know how to say out the problem and critise everything pap do but never give solutions. If this kind get voted in, it would be very messy. No good. 

Sometimes I think it's because the oppo has no access to the raw data so they can only complain and not give concrete solutions.  And those who do come up with sound proposals can easily be brushed off cos they made the proposals without knowledge of the data.

Example.

I propose less FT.  The G shows stats that every FT brings in 10 PMET local jobs.  Without access to data I cannot say if it's true, false or misleading.

So my proposal can be shot down and I get embarrassed.  And the data is not known.

Only when you are an insider then you will know and can propose solutions.  Outsiders can propose them as well.  Make no mistakes but if information sharing is not done, it's hard to make objective solutions.

A more down to earth example.

Medical costs in GP is very high.  I propose that fees be lowered.  The GP can brush off my suggestion cos he says the rent is very high (not to my face but in a forum or in the newspaper).  And my suggestion ends there and there is no way if I am not an insider to know if the rent is really high or not.  So I am left with just ranting GP costs are very high.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Let me tell you something.

There will be some who do vote for oppositions while working for PAP grassroots.   There are two kinds of people.

1) Those who say nothing.  They then give the impression that everyone votes for PAP.

2) Those who cannot shut up and keep talking about how bad is PAP and then start saying the votes are not secret when it is them who let the cat out of the bag by telling everyone who will listen who they are voting for.

It can happen anywhere la. No need to be working for pap grassroots. The person also can be working for wp as voluntar and vote pap too. So it's a secret for the vote and its their choice. Unless this person go and phycho another person or force another person to vote say pap if not the person will have hard time or what, then it should be no problem with that what. 

7 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Supposedly got civil servant who left rather than work in PA cos they felt it's not what they signed up for.

45 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Yes he speaks like WD40 but offers no solutions ...... initially I liked his so called talks but find them empty in depth as for solutions ...... just my 2 cents 

It's true that Lim Tean offers zero concrete solutions. But the same can be said for an elected minister.

I just wasted 20 mins of my time yesterday to listen to CCS yesterday. Same thing, only rhetorics offered and solutions are at best vague. The gist is betting bigger on digital transformation, keeping our borders and trade relations open and how rosy the future can be once things are back on track. 

The only things concrete which I've noticed are his bigger belly and pink shirt, mimicking his boss :D

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 8

22 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

It's true that Lim Tean offers zero concrete solutions. But the same can be said for an elected minister.

I just wasted 20 mins of my time yesterday to listen to CCS yesterday. Same thing, only rhetorics offered and solutions are at best vague. The gist is betting bigger on digital transformation, keeping our borders and trade relations open and how rosy the future can be once things are back on track. 

The only things concrete which I've noticed are his bigger belly and pink shirt, mimicking his boss :D

Heng! I don't have free to air TV.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

Without direct relevant business experiences in private sectors and civilian organizations, military personnel  who are helicoptered in for crucial positions should be placed in OJT for observation first to determine their suitability. This way, we could minimize the lost of a shipping company, a printing house and also reduce the malfunctioning of public transportation.

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1