GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

20 minutes ago, RadX said:

His speech v incoherent le... not a gd sign

Too mentally shagged as boss pressed him hard to come up with 4 budgets. 

Conscience makes it hard for him to lie to East Coast residents, thus stuttered. 

Too nervous as there is no way to call for an abrupt time out in the middle of an election speech. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Actually this time I'm very conflicted. I'm glad Holland - BT has been left for dead by Paul and the A team. Three time turncoat Jee Say back last min, obviously doing sai kang duty in a sure-lose cause. Cos the day H-BT goes to the oppo is the day we'll have a non PAP PM. 

So I regret having voted for TJS before when he spoilt the PE. For whom should I vote this time? One of the PAP candidates is a family friend (the one you mentioned) and I've also met Chris d Souza and he seems fairly down to earth. So this time, @TianmoI actually don't know what to do!  😂

Tough man

tough

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, RadX said:

Gotta give it to vivi... see how fluid his speech delivery is

no fillers , or very minimal..

He was a top debater, iirc

3 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

HSK either kena sabo or the PAP fails in its strategy. East coast is not a safe seat. PAP only won 60% of the vote when they won significantly in 2015 with 70% of the popular vote. This GRC could go to WP if there is 10% swing of the votes this time.  If PAP needs to send in some heavyweights, they can always send the jiakliaobee TCH there. I don't understand why they want to risk their future PM candidate. Over-confidence?  

East Coast GRC's demographics might have changed significantly from 5 years ago. 

Plenty of CECA new citizens staying at the East now. 

• Praise 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Chickenfarm said:

I half regret “typing” to you because you’re obviously not in your right cock.

Right "cock" 😂😂😂

522908087_tenor(4).gif.5af8c1107b8b7d2f36db165d232befd2.gif

Username definitely checks out. 🤣

How have you been my friend? Chicken farm running OK? 😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Chickenfarm said:

I half regret “typing” to you because you’re obviously not in your right cock.

You said your definition of serving is not appealing for traffic offences but job creation and Simi other Lj but my question to you is...isn’t appealing on behalf of residents a form of service?

Sadly you envisaged an MP who does nothing but sit at meet the ppl session to write appeals only? That happens in your ward? Or your MP doesn’t do appeals but sit there to create job and improve cost of living? Can’t imagine you can actually demarcate task in such a way to define “service” of your envisioned model MP.

I thought school has already reopened, no? Or you’re in the lower primary morning session?

Nevermind I rather go wank myself and cum on Radx.

I don't do personal attacks. Honestly I don't think you even read my post before you reply.... 

I am stating the "context" of the word service used in my post... I am NOT saying my definition is the only kind of service.... sigh...

The "service to the people" I am looking for is potential office holders among the opposition. People who not only see what people wants, but also realistically what can be delivered and how to do it

2 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Right "cock" 😂😂😂

522908087_tenor(4).gif.5af8c1107b8b7d2f36db165d232befd2.gif

Username definitely checks out. 🤣

How have you been my friend? Chicken farm running OK? 😁

A ok my friend...

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I don't do personal attacks. Honestly I don't think you even read my post before you reply.... 

I am stating the "context" of the word service used in my post... I am NOT saying my definition is the only kind of service.... sigh...

The "service to the people" I am looking for is potential office holders among the opposition. People who not only see what people wants, but also realistically what can be delivered and how to do it

Yawn...bye!

• Haha! 4

8 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

HSK either kena sabo or the PAP fails in its strategy. East coast is not a safe seat. PAP only won 60% of the vote when they won significantly in 2015 with 70% of the popular vote. This GRC could go to WP if there is 10% swing of the votes this time.  If PAP needs to send in some heavyweights, they can always send the jiakliaobee TCH there. I don't understand why they want to risk their future PM candidate. Over-confidence?  

I think otherwise. Heng is sent there to secure East Coast GRC and not let it fall to WP. The residents there sure would not want to vote out HSK, so that is what I guess PAP was thinking.

• Praise 2

56 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

I can write better speech lo...

People always ask me about East coast, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about East coast. I do very well with East coast. I love East coast. No one loves East coast more than me, BELIEVE ME. East coast loves me. We're going to have so many East coast you are going to get sick of East coast. The East coast just got 10 feet higher. I have the best East coast.

If my kid can do better, perhaps she can be the future PM 😄

Quality of candidates have decreased sharply, due to natural order of things and the GRC scheme 

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I googled this two words and chose the hit from forbes.

Out of eleven, I see 5 of them is dependent on "capability" rather than EQ. 

To me a lot is dependent on having the right vision for Singapore. The vision MUST be achievable and not something like World cup 2010... you can see how having the wrong vision like world cup 2010 can lead to failure and disaster. Not everything demanded by the people is deliverable. Look at malaysia... during elections easy to promise... can deliver?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/deeppatel/2017/03/22/11-powerful-traits-of-successful-leaders/#89cb0a4469fc

11 traits...

1. Self-Managing

2. Acting Strategically

3. Being An Effective Communicator

4. Being Accountable And Responsible

5. Setting Clear Goals And Persisting In Achieving Them

6. Having A Vision For The Future

7. Managing Complexity 

8. Fostering Creativity And Innovation

9. Team Building And Promoting Teamwork

10. Creating Lasting Relationships

11. Learning Agility

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-health/emotional-intelligence-eq.htm
Deliverable target and target delivery are 2 different facet of what you said.

Deliverable target in this age is no longer acceptable. The target has to be stretched.

What you mentioned about election in Msia relates to Target Delivery rather that deliverable target.

What you highlighted are personal attributes which cannot be trained. It has work hand in hand with EQ

18 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

Past & present PM has been contesting in safe seat.

Kudos to Heng for making this tough move (voluntarily or otherwise).

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Past & present PM has been contesting in safe seat.

Kudos to Heng for making this tough move (voluntarily or otherwise).

I actually quite like Heng among the new PAP ministers. Someone who has experienced big scares in life and he genuinely (to me) seems to want to help everyone. 

Anyway, my ward YCK is easy to vote. PAP candidate Yip Hon Weng is pretty weak. PAP send a total newbie, civil servant (who needs any more civil servant in the parliament)

No matter how much I put down TCB, I probably will vote for his party.

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged
52 minutes ago, RadX said:

Hsk speech remind me of that other fella beningging

Bad omens - (1) The speech from the PM was very incoherent and (2) the inverted lightning logo in the background throughout the speech, was an eye sore.

If the Team leader is a BG, she would have to sign at least 7 extras.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4