GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged
(edited)
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Very shaky for WP.

My guess is Status quo. The foundation laid is strong and they seem to be a good balance. 

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement

11 hours ago, Blueray said:

NUS' Paul Tambyah to lead US-based International Society of Infectious Diseases in 2022

SINGAPORE - National University of Singapore (NUS) professor and infectious disease expert Paul Tambyah will be leading the Massachusetts-based International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID) in 2022 as its president, the university said on Wednesday (June 17).

For now, Prof Tambyah has been appointed the society's president-elect and will support incumbent ISID president Prof Alison Holmes in running the organisation until he takes over its leadership as the society's first Singaporean president.

The society, which has more than 90,000 members from over 155 countries, was founded in 1986.

It supports health professionals, non-governmental organisations, and governments globally in their work to prevent, investigate, and manage infectious disease outbreaks and endemic infectious diseases such as tuberculosis and dengue.

ISID focuses especially on countries with limited resources and which disproportionately bear the burden of infectious diseases.

Commenting on Prof Tambyah's appointment, Prof Marc Mendelson, a former ISID president, said: "Paul is well known to all in the field of infectious diseases, and brings a wealth of experience from his time with multiple international societies and august bodies, as well as formidable experience across the spectrum of infection, including outbreaks, tropical medicine, and clinical applied research.

"He is a go-to speaker on so many topics and currently serves as chair of the ISID Publications Committee, playing a vital role in the success of our journal."

At NUS' Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Prof Tambyah is Professor of Medicine. He also serves as a senior consultant in infectious diseases at the National University Hospital and was previously the research director in the Division of Infectious Diseases at the National University Health System (NUHS).

Outside of NUHS, Prof Tambyah is the president of the Asia Pacific Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infection.

He is also the chairman of the Singapore Democratic Party.

Prof Tambyah said of his ISID appointment: "This is a critical time for infectious diseases globally. The Covid-19 pandemic has brought home the fact that viruses do not respect international boundaries. No one is safe anywhere until everyone is safe everywhere.

"Singapore academics, clinicians and public health professionals have much to contribute to societies such as ISID to help make the world a healthier place for everyone."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/nus-paul-tambyah-to-lead-us-based-international-society-of-infectious-diseases-in

coming to Bt Panjang. 

Proud of him. But wearing so many hats at one time, and now this very prestigious appointment in 2022, would he seriously has time to serve his residents? Maybe Turboflat4 can shed some lights since he is also of similar caliber? Not that I look down on his multi-tasking skills. If he is in government instead, he would be availed with the complete set of machinery to assist him to juggle better definitely.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Jo Teo confirmed win with high votes. Cause the opp is too weak. Even though some people dont like Jo Teo.

You sure some only?? 😳

• Haha! 2

53 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

What was wrong with CSM actually?

Is he all the hype but no show? Excuse the pun.

You referring to WP?

I believe in-fighting for position in the party.... [lipsrsealed]

Turbocharged
19 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Ya.. Josephine Teo is safe.. Pv will sure lose.. How many people would vote for lim tean? He only know how to talk and talk and talk.. Talk is easy.. 

Question is when PV get trounce against weak minister will Tean understand it is he himself that sucks and change tact? Dont hold ur breath

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It is still an uphill battle for WP

Don't know why so many want to write off the "unknown" PAP team at Aljunied GRC completely. The same team lost in GE2015 by only 0.9% despite being nobody then, improving from GE2011 when PAPA lost by 5%.

Lets see how both slates fared over the last 5 years before writing any team off. I would think WP is more shaky based on the TC saga and the trending towards PAP from last 2 GE results as some residents might be still having buyers' remorse. Anyway talk is cheap as I do not live there.

25 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Ya.. Josephine Teo is safe.. Pv will sure lose.. How many people would vote for lim tean? He only know how to talk and talk and talk.. Talk is easy.. 

Jln Besar has always been a safe haven for PAP.  Nvr win with less than 65% majority.

This time, we have to tell HER otherwise.

Don't care who is the OPPO.  Juz cross out the OPPO

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

You sure some only?? 😳

I am just being polite only. [rolleyes] But even many people dont like her, GE end result still same la.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Jln Besar has always been a safe haven for PAP.  Nvr win with less than 65% majority.

This time, we have to tell HER otherwise.

Don't care who is the OPPO.  Juz cross out the OPPO

Not everyone would be so adventure la, like when people buy car, they always go for safe buy. Even the car is overpriced, not much functions and safety feature, they still buy. Lol. No matter how unpopular or even screw up Jo Teo is, people still cross for her team.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

5 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Don't know why so many want to write off tWhe "unknown" PAP team at Aljunied GRC completely. The same team lost in GE2015 by only 0.9% despite being nobody then, improving from GE2011 when PAP lost by 5%.

Lets see how both slates fared over the last 5 years before writing any team off. I would think WP is more shaky based on the TC saga and the trending towards PAP from last 2 GE results as some residents might be still having buyers' remorse. Anyway talk is cheap as I do not live there.

On PAP side, 2 new faces.  These 2 new faces are from Grassroots.

On WP side, 2 not new faces.

Last GE, WP win with 3k margin.  It will be definitely be a very tough fight for both side.

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Daniu82 said:

Confirm last min ask him parachute in to put out the fire. In the end, WP only got Nicole Seah there. 

Then what will happen to Tampines!!!! hahaha.

(edited)
26 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Proud of him. But wearing so many hats at one time, and now this very prestigious appointment in 2022, would he seriously has time to serve his residents? Maybe Turboflat4 can shed some lights since he is also of similar caliber? Not that I look down on his multi-tasking skills. If he is in government instead, he would be availed with the complete set of machinery to assist him to juggle better definitely.

Agree with your comments.  His many portfolios (distractions) seems to contradicts his party chief's stand on full-time MP.  I do think he is really a credible opposition candidate whom the Bukit Panjang SMC voters should seriously consider.

Edited by Fat_slayer
typo

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I am just being polite only. [rolleyes] But even many people dont like her, GE end result still same la.

She is just like Trump. 自己讲自己爽。

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Good thing I signing my new bto lease next week.... 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
37 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

My guess is Status quo. The foundation laid is strong and they seem to be a good balance. 

If I am an Aljunied voter, I will vote WP. Their team seems strong and I don’t having WP as MPs and MIW to help me when I need more help. 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
17 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Just pity the EC voters, DPM abandoned them. Maybe because PAP HQ is in EC GRC and that place needs a firefighter more than Tampines. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1