GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Internal Moderator
52 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah if you posted this during the campaigning period, you would have been branded an ib, got bashed up and then ignored for good 

🤣

hahaha. they never paid me to do so. cannot. i must always work for a reason. 😂

• Praise 1

I think the GRC system is also a hindrance to the pap when it comes to an oppo ward. Pap need to think about who they plant there next round. Would it be a heavy weight or a newbie? If heavy weight, there is a risk of them losing another minister. If newbie, then the chance of reclaiming back is low. This is the first time I enjoy the GRC system.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I thought I'm looking at the portfolio of Temasek during this global pandemic. 😁

You are too optimistic. Only minus 18% for GE in the worst constituency.

Any fund manager would happily grab minus 18%.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

You are too optimistic. Only minus 18% for GE in the worst constituency.

Any fund manager would happily grab minus 18%.

West Coast GRC minus 27%. 

This is like the massive sell-offs till the bottom during late March. 😂

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

They draw the boundary according to what they know. My friend stay Fernvale also under AMK GRC (?).

He hate RP but he doesn’t want to vote for PAP. I told him don’t void the votes coz it will pull up the winning percentage of LHL.

He was in a dilemma. Had to buy him lunch then he vote for RP.

Did you also thrown in bird's nest?

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Wrong leh. Best is Tharman.

Think ah loong needs to rethink East Coast plan & kee chiu. I propose Tharman for PM, TPL for DPM. Huat ar!

• Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Ong Ye Kung suddenly got chance again for PM. 

yup! there is a chance if he is promoted to DPM in coming months

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I think the GRC system is also a hindrance to the pap when it comes to an oppo ward. Pap need to think about who they plant there next round. Would it be a heavy weight or a newbie? If heavy weight, there is a risk of them losing another minister. If newbie, then the chance of reclaiming back is low. This is the first time I enjoy the GRC system.

The GRC is suppose to give them an advantage, but it has now became their Achilles heel.  Their  best performing results actually came from the SMC of Macpherson and Mountbatten.

Ironically,  it is the Labour chief that got booted out when 100000 new jobs is the proud pitch that they have been making.  This is quite an epic slap  imo in addition to losing SK,  and the poor results across the board.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

One interesting thing we may see is the end of the parachute scholar general

Nowadays we can actually rattle off all the failures: starting with George Yeo we also seen the back of Lui Tuck Yew, Ng Chee Meng... dunno what status now for Tan Chuan Jin but clearly a has-been in PAP books

Then theres CCS... maybe favourite of LHL but intense negatives from many segments and can see there is brewing resentment even within his party with all the leaks

Ivan Lim saga show that even when they try to diversify abit... the recoil vs SAF type is very strong mostly amongst millennial generation

Gan should have been an all-star with nothing but praise... instead she barely scraped past one of those old guard oppo types that the younger generation dont care for either... the clincher? Ang Yong Guan also is ex-SAF. Negative for him too.

I think underlying problem for PAP is they try to tell us this is complex world and we need good leaders to manage it. Not untrue. But our paper generals who only ever played wargames may be in fact the least qualified to manage the complex world out there. For every Lui Tuck Yew and Ng Chee Meng, we have their counterparts failing just as badly in pte sector... Desmond Kwek, Ng Yat Chung, etc Singaporeans not stupid. Complex world ok. Give us good leaders who have intellect to unpack this complex world and manage it like Tharman. Give us paper general who bark commands at the complex world will help us how? Cant even make trains run on time how to manage AI/cyber revolution and unstable global environments?

• Praise 8

3 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

The GRC is suppose to give them an advantage, but it has now became their Achilles heel.  The best performing results actually came from the SMC of Macpherson and Mountbatten.

Ironically,  it is the Labour chief that got booted out when 100000 new jobs is the pitch that they have been selling.  This is quite an epic slap  imo in addition to losing SK,  and the poor results across the board.

Correction - 99,999 new jobs. NCM gotto reserve one for himself. 

• Haha! 5

3 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

The GRC is suppose to give them an advantage, but it has now became their Achilles heel.  The best performing results actually came from the SMC of Macpherson and Mountbatten.

Ironically,  it is the Labour chief that got booted out when 100000 new jobs is the pitch that they have been making.  This is quite an epic slap  imo in addition to losing SK,  and the poor results across the board.

Correct GRC is only good from position of strength ... ie. reach 65% threshold can sweep 95% of seats in. But below 60% very shaky. Worse still at ~55% the swing can be complete lopsided... they could even win 55% of electoral vote and lose parliament with a GRC system since strong contender like Tharman take all the high margins, then the shaky margins all fall to oppo

• Praise 1

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

West Coast GRC minus 27%. 

This is like the massive sell-offs till the bottom during late March. 😂

My bad - I was focusing on my own GRC CCK and missed the big elephant! 

Edited by Volvobrick

1 minute ago, Icedbs said:

The GRC is suppose to give them an advantage, but tit has now became their Achilles heel.  The best performing results actually came from the SMC of Macpherson and Mountbatten.

Ironically,  it is the Labour chief that got booted out when 100000 new jobs is the pitch that they have been selling.  This is quite an epic slap  imo in addition to losing SK,  and the poor results across the board.

Perhaps the ground is sour as job loss and potential job loss are on everyone's mind, making this a bread and butter GE?  

I thought the employment numbers don't look so bad but I could be wrong. Many companies are already planning to cut headcount in the next few months. I know lots of expats are being retrenched / sent back already.

Heard from an small business owner a lot of SME bosses flipped side as they feel Govt didn't help them enough during CB.  A lot of landlords didn't exactly pass down the property tax savings or stagger it out over 6-12 months, hence they are very unhappy why the transfer can't be direct to them, leaving them at mercy of the landlords.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Hoseyboh said:

Wah brother, you surfaced liao ah.. 

Hoseyboh? 😁

Hosey ...... haha 😁

Lot of fun here 👏

Edited by Pocy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1