GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

22 minutes ago, Chongster said:

NCM is really too low profile before this.  Hardly any news about him since he moved to NTUC.  CSC when he was at NTUC at least still make himself heard.  

I think before this election, people probably forgot NCM was still there!

oh well, now he isnt anymore

If you have friends in Punggol East, you will know he has been walking the ground very diligently for years. He is very well liked in his ex constituency, I heard.  

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Jp66 said:

Surprisingly, papaya best performer is TPL

Maybe because her opponent is weak?

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, Chongster said:

how many more 5 years he have??

He is only 57, but seems to have been on the scene like forever.  Still many more years if he wants to.

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Maybe that is the reason why.

from all the video footage and speeches i have seen over the years, i think TCJ is a likeable guy who dares to be himself more than some others.  

Oh yah, forgot they only want YES man and woman. 

Then why don't he have some integrity and quit PAP? Join WP. 😅

Take over Halimah as speaker of parliament. :a-noway:

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Yewheng said:

https://mothership.sg/2020/07/pritam-singh-leader-of-opposition-pm-lee/

Finally pm Lee officially acknowledged pritam Singh as leader of opposition party and will be provided with appropriate staff and resources to support his duties. Does this mean that WP is able to setup workers party associations over at aljunied and sengkang grc and hougang smc? Then people association will then step aside on these area that they did not win? If that's the case, pm Lee is very fair. 

Moving forward there will be no repeat of Png Eng Huat Facebook post where losing pap candidate at hougang still address as MP? As pm Lee officially name pritum Singh as leader of opposition party and also will be provided with appropriate staff and resources for their duties.. This is what democracy is all about.. 

Like this.. 😂

1 minute ago, yishunite said:

sry i disagree. time for old guard oppo to retire. WP got it right. You want to win over young voters and play generational game to outlast the PAP when their 4G plan is falling apart, u need younger more charismatic type like HTR, Jamus, NS, etc.

CSJ is known quantity. Everyone made up their mind abt him alrdy. Sad to say I think he got more than 50% negative will-never-vote-for-him in his favored constituency. Either he should retire or change constituency. Trying the same thing a hundred times but expecting different result is stupidity, not perseverence

All momentum now is PSP (come from nowhere and suddenly ran more seats than any party... maybe they didnt win but they will have NCMPs and ppl can notice them going fwd) and WP. The rest of the parties need to consolidate or totally change their approach... all of them are seen by younger gen as losers and no one likes to pick a losing side

Quite an astute observation.

My personal guess is that within the next 2 elections (10 more years), the opposition in SG will probably become WP, SDP, PSP and a coalition oppo group making up of the rest. WP is anti-coalition, as they stated before. SDP and PSP are not against the idea of a coalition opposition, so these 2 might absorb the rest the smaller parties. 

Unlike what other thinks, I think within my lifetime, Dr Chee will make it in on his own merit. Its obvious for me to see already. His image among the younger generation is totally different, a martyr kind of politician, currently an underdog. Been to hell (lost everything and jailed), but still standing and fighting today for his original beliefs.

When you have a credible and qualified persona in the calibre of someone like Dr Paul Tambyah endorsing him, he can't be that bad. The intentional exposure about his family and children online also helps to recover his broken image, helps to erase that mad man and power hungry megalomaniac image.

Time do changes things and people's perceptions. At 57 years old now, he still has a realistic chance, depending on how hard PAP screws up. 

• Praise 6

2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Lucky I not Sikh... 

Otherwise I would have a Bayee Erection. 😂😂😂

Paging @Sp4wn

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Oh yah, forgot they only want YES man and woman. 

Then why don't he have some integrity and quit PAP? Join WP. 😅

Take over Halimah as speaker of parliament. :a-noway:

no lah! join PSP😀

• Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Maybe because her opponent is weak?

possible, but at least her result is green, not red.👍

(edited)

Like this also can??

This could have been some voter in Malaysia taking about najib... giving out money. 

Don't blame pap play dirty,  blame quality of voters. 

20200711_144831.jpg

Edited by Playtime
  • Angry 3
  • Shocked 1

(edited)
53 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

NCM and LPM can now sign up for the Skillfuture to upgrade themselves. I will give them $2 tip when they deliver food to my house. 

Don't say until like that bro, if you do that, 

I would need to give $4 to the next guy that delivers food to my house.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Like this also can??

This could have been some voter in Malaysia taking about najib... giving out money. 

Simpleton mindset. No offence to hawkers.

• Praise 1

57 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

OK, now GE over....wait for my $300 GST voucher and workfare special payment. :XD:

You wait ahh  ... Mr K K Tan will attend to you shortly. 😁

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Karoon said:

Yup. I feel for csj, but feel he just couldn't shake off his confrontational vibe during this campaign no matter how much he tried. I think that affects the middle ground BB voters. Hopefully PT hangs around one more cycle and lead SDP.

SDP only have two prominent faces, CSJ and PT. CSJ is improving his percentage, as the younger voters are less familiar with his past antics. And with the passing of years and further elections down the road, CSJ will no doubt have improved chances.

Not too sure though what is the purpose of having so many oppo parties. Other than WP, the other oppo parties just have no depth of candidates. Each one only has one or two prominent names. All these splinter parties should band together in order to have enough mass and choices, in order to get elected. However when it comes to elections, should still avoid 3-cornered fights, which only plays into the hands of the incumbent.

• Praise 1

48 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Like this also can??

20200711_144831.jpg

translation please?

↡ Advertisement