GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged

Okay not bad.. Looks like the transition should be a lot smoother then in 2011 when handling over aljunied Town Council to wp. 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
On 7/19/2020 at 8:40 AM, Victor68 said:

That is the time bomb. Once they mix with general public, you will have to test the 400k FW again? The root of the problem is too many and do we really need that numbers? I believe experts and those in the construction industry will be able to share. I am not familiar with shipyard or other industry,  so cannot say too much.

FW that are silent carriers, mix with their pinay girlfriends, then the girlfriends bring the virus to their employers.. Round Two.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Internal Moderator
15 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

This post make me go back and watch this YouTube.. 

https://youtu.be/ihiE4oGyYlQ

It is still very relevant as of current.. 

I like the most is at 21.50mins to 22.45mins. The interview is at 2011 and Nokia that time is still very successful hor. Lky said watch it in long term.. Now look at Nokia. So darn true.. 

I watched a some part of the interview, I realised when Mr Lee speaks about these topics, it makes sense. I think it is also because of his character. He has this righteous aura which wants to bring out the good of all Singaporean. Unlike our current 4G leaders. I always find their speech comes with a hidden agenda.

This is just my POV. haha.

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Okay not bad.. Looks like the transition should be a lot smoother then in 2011 when handling over aljunied Town Council to wp. 

It's gonna be so god dam stupid if they pull another AIM or disappearing records,  staff,  contractors etc stunt... but then again.. 🤔... they always seem to exceed expectations in this area. 

Best of wishes though. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

2 minutes ago, Solar said:

FW that are silent carriers, mix with their pinay girlfriends, then the girlfriends bring the virus to their employers.. Round Two.

If only all the Singaporean Sirs at home were to do their part for the nation.. fullfill the human needs of their helpers , the FWs would not need to do extra duty. 

So for all of you with helpers... stand up for Singapore. Do your duty to fight Corona. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

Both didn't lie lah. They met during social functions so not considered. He study how to achieve 10 mil, he quoted his study but didn't approve it. So, depend how you like to twist and turn.

Actually the question is so simple but yet not answered. What is our government stand on population? 5.5 m to max 6.9 m or what number? How many are imported to achieve this number. We don't care who say what but what is going to happen matters.

Suddenly "10 million population" becomes an extremely dirty phrase which no one wants to associate themselves with.😁

All I can say is this, if the election results instead showed a 10% swing across board to the PAP rather than opposition, "10 million" won't even be a discussion topic, as automatically it becomes a given. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

9 minutes ago, Solar said:

I thought employers are advised not to allow their maid to go out on rest day.

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I watched a some part of the interview, I realised when Mr Lee speaks about these topics, it makes sense. I think it is also because of his character. He has this righteous aura which wants to bring out the good of all Singaporean. Unlike our current 4G leaders. I always find their speech comes with a hidden agenda.

This is just my POV. haha.

Same thoughts too.. 

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Wonder if they reveal who is paying for Davinder lawsuit 🤔🤔

(edited)
16 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I thought employers are advised not to allow their maid to go out on rest day.

Not true from my observations. 

Maids already out in full force last Sunday. Public parks along Kallang are full of them picnicking and congregating. All without masks of course as they are eating and drinking. 

East Coast park and East Coast Lagoon last Sunday are the same during evening time. All carparks have cars queueing, PCNs packed full of joggers, children, cyclists etc. 

I can expect such public places to continue to be packed as it's the July school holidays now, since families can't travel out of the country. Infected cases have travelled everywhere in Singapore after CB as reported, so a second or even a third wave is imminent. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

LKY was right about the limitations of our people. Serve us right to be reliant on MNC.

Why so?

Why do we lack the creative and entrepreneur types of talent?

Is it because of 5-6 decades of "best education" since 1960s?

Is it because they were sucking up the best minds and putting them in useless civil service?

Is it because of the widely instituted censorship and iron rule? These kill creativity and innovation.

We are what we are because of what they want us to be.

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

LKY was right about the limitations of our people. Serve us right to be reliant on MNC.

Why so?

Is it because they were sucking up the best minds and putting them in useless civil service?

Is it because of the widely instituted censorship and iron rule? These kill creativity and innovation.

Our System doesn't breed creativity...

But strangely.. China does seem to be better even though they are more repressive..

Or am I missing something... our govt does a worse job?.. cos largely  same stock of people

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Our System doesn't breed creativity...

But strangely.. China does seem to be better even though they are more repressive..

Or am I missing something... our govt does a worse job?.. cos largely  same stock of people

Because the sons of Mao and Deng are not their Premier now? Our system is closer to the Qing dynasty.

Edited by Weez911
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Why so?

LKY was right to scold us as daft, and we shall repent as blind mandate was given to him and his party, way past their expiry date. 😆

He was all for nation building with his good colleagues during the first 20 yrs since 1965. After which, it's all about consolidating PAP's stranglehold in this country. GRC idea was started in 1988, which led to the mess of absolute super majority today, in turn leading to crap policies and major decisions being rubber stamped. 

Limitations of our people? I think it's more about the limitations of our governance right now. Its okay to demand exceptional salaries and absolute trust from the public, provided it's to be reciprocated by exceptional performance. The shit show put up by their handling of Covid-19 has already shown otherwise. 

To quote LKY, he had once said one day Singaporeans give the other side a try, as it's either PAP had declined in quality OR the opposition had assembled a team matching PAP in quality. He was only half right, as it's "AND", not just "OR" now. 

• Praise 10

50 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

You never heard of the phrase, 'the devil is in the details"?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Hypersonic
31 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Why so?

The building looks great ........ its Architect!

The nation is @#%! ......... its leaders!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3