GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Hypersonic
59 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

image.png.285299951be9fc40ad5f798ad0ecdad7.png

I remember there is one PSP candidate say he wants to become MP, so he can find Mdm Ho's salary. Well, look the performance of Temasek, Mdm Ho deserves the million dollar salary. She became the CEO in 2004. The whole portfolio increased by  more than 300% under her care. 

do you know ........ $1.0m, $10.0m, $50.0m or $99.0m?  $100.0m already kena pofma ..... 😪

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

I remember there is one PSP candidate say he wants to become MP, so he can find Mdm Ho's salary. Well, look the performance of Temasek, Mdm Ho deserves the million dollar salary. She became the CEO in 2004. The whole portfolio increased by  more than 300% under her care. 

Its quite simplistic to evaluate her performance based on this alone.  A rising tide lifts all boats.  Did she take on more risk to achieve that?  I am no expert but it would be good for the board to say so. here is more info on how to evaluate her performance.....excess return on a risk adjusted basis.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/11/5-ways-to-measure-money-managers.asp

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Pocy said:

I think CCP is better than dynasty ........ look at history. 

100% because there are eunuchs also. Same as Qing because we too are overrun by foreigners in our own country. 

• Praise 2

(edited)
38 minutes ago, Pocy said:

Do you know ........ $1.0m, $10.0m, $50.0m or $99.0m?  $100.0m already kena pofma ..... 😪

Strawman forgot to include capital investments.. the graph is very misleading yet people believe EVERY time. Sheep sio.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3

47 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

100% because there are eunuchs also. Same as Qing because we too are overrun by foreigners in our own country. 

radx is eunuch

2 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Its quite simplistic to evaluate her performance based on this alone.  A rising tide lifts all boats.  Did she take on more risk to achieve that?  I am no expert but it would be good for the board to say so. here is more info on how to evaluate her performance.....excess return on a risk adjusted basis.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/11/5-ways-to-measure-money-managers.asp

What was the valuations when the asset were transfered to TH? Historical value or market value? If your ah gong gave you a GCB 15 years ago at his purchase price in 1970 (maybe $50 psf), and you sold it today at 2000 psf, can you claim you very clever made 4000% returns over 15 years?

A lot more details are not made available for a fair assessment. 

• Praise 4

GE is over and a clear mandate has been given.

ERP will be partially reinstated in the CBD during morning and evening peak hours.

Car park enhanced grace period has been un-graced as I was charged 22 cents this morning. Can anyone confirm this?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

What was the valuations when the asset were transfered to TH? Historical value or market value? If your ah gong gave you a GCB 15 years ago at his purchase price in 1970 (maybe $50 psf), and you sold it today at 2000 psf, can you claim you very clever made 4000% returns over 15 years?

A lot more details are not made available for a fair assessment. 

Also I read TH went into pe seeking higher returns. The valuation of such pte firms are highly subjective. 

Auditors are having a hard time pinning down the fair value.

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

GE is over and a clear mandate has been given.

ERP will be partially reinstated in the CBD during morning and evening peak hours.

Car park enhanced grace period has been un-graced as I was charged 22 cents this morning. Can anyone confirm this?

Carpark long time ago already ungrace, back to 10mins free nia......

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

Noone knows Ho Ching's salary except maybe you and I am sure it is not 1 million per month. If not how to talk to Piyush who earned $12m last year. 😂

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Also I read TH went into pe seeking higher returns. The valuation of such pte firms are highly subjective. 

Auditors are having a hard time pinning down the fair value.

I am surprised the drop is only 2.2%, so probably a lot of hold to maturity bonds or like you said, private funds that are not mark to market or not required to do so as they are long term investment. 

• Haha! 1

53 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I am surprised the drop is only 2.2%, so probably a lot of hold to maturity bonds or like you said, private funds that are not mark to market or not required to do so as they are long term investment. 

Partly Helped by a low base effect since March 2019 wasn't that great to start with.

Yes, accounting for Long term investment certainly has more leeway. Remember Noble.? It's sophisticated valuation of long term contracts have passed statutory audit for years. And the difference between the carrying value and last traded price of it's Australian mine?

• Praise 4

Twincharged
(edited)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1493153947539101&id=100005335308340

Screenshot_20200722_023504.thumb.jpg.58c5bc662e6232241fcb19497a5ee26d.jpg

More interested in ho Ching comments.. See she is impressed with the analysis of some folks that is pretty close to her own management estimate too. (These folks are not working for temasek hor, if they work for termasek, imagine how many greater things that termasek could achieve with such good brains). 

This shows that if government could tap on these people brain, surely singapore could do greater things ahead. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, mikk123 said:

Good performance is not ownself say one. What is the problem with opening up your books for public to evaluate? Transparency and accountability are very important with public funds. Your own, do what you like.

• Praise 1