GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged
30 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

No it won't push rich people away if they apply this as a one-off with a retrospective application, which I think is the most likely scenario. Rich people will lan lan just pay up because they know it is a one time thing and the cost of moving is probably higher.

But you haven't address that they could hire accountant and or experts to see where can pay as little tax as possible and also in future when people keep voice concern about the rich not paying their fair share and end up hiring more auditors trying to audit them but found them very clean and end up these auditors go audit these small businesses and some are avoiding paying higher tax through cash transactions and never report it. 

Also what you are saying Lan Lan yes, it may apply to some, but some will also feel enough is enough and left sg. You might think good, these people leave sg for good of they don't want to pay super high taxes. But how much outflow is then start to see the negative impact to Singapore? 

Remember, these rich and super rich have a lot of money, so does they could also shift where they are setting up business also. Yes those already have base set up here already and want to get out is a lot harder. But that if these rich and super rich that has potential to come in sg to set up business and get turned off by the super high taxes? Aren't it defeat the purpose of want to have more good quality jobs to Singaporeans?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 3:52 PM, Didu said:

Lucky SG don't have a King. Otherwise we pengsan... [dead]

Kings you mean...[laugh]

maybe another 5 part timers and cost us 1.6 mio each....[laugh] that time really run road..

• Haha! 1

(edited)
41 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Nothing will happen la.

Or maybe LHL want him out coz too outspoken. 😬

From minister to speaker of parliament anyone? 

Likely to be warning. Good enough imo.

Edited by Kopites

55 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Likely to be warning. Good enough imo.

or maybe Sham will come out say police were overzealous... clearly a good deed of community engagement.... govt is compassionate... bla bla bla...

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Playtime said:

or maybe Sham will come out say police were overzealous... clearly a good deed of community engagement.... govt is compassionate... bla bla bla...

Cannot have double standards (at least cannot be seen to have double standards) for holding a placard. 

If hold a blank placard is it also protest? Photoshop in whatever message later, like buy 1 get 1 free. 

• Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

If i hold a placard that says "I LOVE YOU", does that consider ILLEGAL ASSEMBLY?

Airport last times got a lot of protest but no one catch hor...Mr Louis, Miss Candice, 秦先生,Mdm Apa ini...😁

• Haha! 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, Playtime said:

No expectation. No disappointment. 😄

Edited by Kopites

Supercharged
13 hours ago, inlinesix said:

If i hold a placard that says "I LOVE YOU", does that consider ILLEGAL ASSEMBLY?

then another person will hold "I LOVE YOU TOO"  :wub:

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

How to collect the cdc voucher? 

They will send a letter and then bring the letter go CC collect.

I went to the hawker centre at my estate want to use, the stalls don’t accept...na bei.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement