GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

3 hours ago, Scion said:

at 1:48...

the vending machine shop seems interesting.. anyone knows the exact location?

After the TatlerSg presentation, I actually made a weekday noon trip to Anchorvale block 303A to try out the Armenian Street Char Kway Teow but unforturnately I found the Q was too long for my liking and have to arrange for another visit sometime in future.

The waiting time was estimated to be 1.0~1.5 hours bec Mr Tan fry plate by plate.... lol ( ASCKT Fb)

Life is indeed funny ....like ideas of visiting such a distant place won't have crossed my mind if WP (of which Jamus is a distinctive member) had not won this Sengkang GRC. hahaha

image.thumb.png.6b12ca6636da283507ef47741d9fb5b9.png

Edited by cashcow
  • Haha! 5

12 hours ago, cashcow said:

After the TatlerSg presentation, I actually made a weekday noon trip to Anchorvale block 303A to try out the Armenian Street Char Kway Teow but unforturnately I found the Q was too long for my liking and have to arrange for another visit sometime in future.

The waiting time was estimated to be 1.0~1.5 hours bec Mr Tan fry plate by plate.... lol ( ASCKT Fb)

Life is indeed funny ....like ideas of visiting such a distant place won't have crossed my mind if WP (of which Jamus is a distinctive member) had not won this Sengkang GRC. hahaha

Guess it didn’t warm the cockles of your heart that day. 😬

• Haha! 4

13 hours ago, cashcow said:

Need to take 1 to 1.5hr for a plate of CKT? It is after eating this CKT would strike TOTO or long life? Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 4

14 hours ago, cashcow said:

I’ve been living here for almost 20 years yet I didn’t know about that CKT stall. 

Have tried food at the vending machines a few time though. Not bad, but most times food that I fancy were out of stock. Popular items were pasta, lasagna, meat balls...

• Haha! 2

41 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I’ve been living here for almost 20 years yet I didn’t know about that CKT stall. 

Have tried food at the vending machines a few time though. Not bad, but most times food that I fancy were out of stock. Popular items were pasta, lasagna, meat balls...

I knew that stall to me so so la. The rojak probably better. Last visit was years ago lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Same, same. Stay in SK for 20 yrs and never heard of this store till watch Jemus video.

Last time stay at RV, now at AV so is closer. Maybe should drop by weekday to try.

• Haha! 2

On 8/13/2020 at 6:15 PM, Playtime said:

So... this general whole life saf... suddenly qualified in charge of digital Transformation ?? 

Same as the pilot whole life saf suddenly parachute senior position in temasek before announce join pap.. but I guess the bigger problem is temasek is now pap youth wing ?? I tot was just family business..

This is a sign of failure,  that this is the so called talent search we should be glad for.. 🥵 NO QUALIFIED ONE IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR WANTS TO JOIN. 

The slide downhill is well underway. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/new-digital-transformation-plan-for-training-and-adult-education-sector-launched

As long as there is not a lot of red tape should be okay. It should be as lean as possible without much regulatory requirements in place for this digital transformation. 

29 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

As long as there is not a lot of red tape should be okay. It should be as lean as possible without much regulatory requirements in place for this digital transformation. 

I wish you'd stop parroting this red tape narrative especially since you cannot substantial with what kind of red tape you are seeing.

What exactly is without much regulatory requirement? No need for PDPA? Info security?

6 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Guess it didn’t warm the cockles of your heart that day. 😬

Yes, the Armenien street stall near the old American embassy were one of my best days hanging around Bras Basah, Capital theatre and MPH book stores. I will specially drop by Armenien St for the marvellous charred CKT vendor by this handsome middle aged man who honed his skills, OMO $2.00 a plate no more than $3.00 if my memory serves me correct. . . . his version were always one egg fried till perfection, charred kuay teow , bean sprout and dark sweet sauce with heavenly fire " Wok Hei " sitting there waiting for my plate and washed down with cuppa of Kopi, best of the my world. [laugh]

Yes the cockles were tenderly not over done, yet with the caramel dark sauce sweetened the cockles marries them well. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Same, same. Stay in SK for 20 yrs and never heard of this store till watch Jemus video.

Last time stay at RV, now at AV so is closer. Maybe should drop by weekday to try.

Its one of the first food court in AV. Given now so many food option in sengkang better go sengkang central kopitiam or buangkok food court

↡ Advertisement