2022 Mercedes-Benz T-Class

Carbon82

The new Mercedes-Benz T-Class: compact city van for families, active leisure enthusiasts and work

o3y6466.jpg

Stuttgart.  Mercedes-Benz Vans is provider of vehicles in the small-, mid- and large-size van segments, fulfilling all customer requirements for a spacious space. Now, a small van platform will be used to create a new vehicle which is tailored to the needs of families whilst also being a suitable companion for active leisure enthusiasts. Like the V-Class, which is successfully positioned in the midsize segment, Mercedes-Benz Vans will also be offering a small van for private customers from the first half of 2022. The class designation of this new model is "T-Class."

"With the new Mercedes-Benz T-Class, we will offer a vehicle which makes it possible for families and those with active pastimes to step into the Mercedes-Benz world. These customers seek attractive and practical compact vehicles – and it is precisely these demands which the new T-Class fulfils", says Marcus Breitschwerdt, Head of Mercedes-Benz Vans. 

"With the T-class’s new layout and design we achieve a fusion of functionality and desirability", says Gorden Wagener, Chief Design Officer Daimler Group. "With our unique design philosophy of Sensual Purity we create an attractive family companion being the T-Class inspiring with its design, proportions and its perceived value." 

Clear membership of the Mercedes-Benz family 

As a completely new development, the T-Class will be clearly discernible at first glance as a member of the Mercedes-Benz family and will feature unmistakeably typical characteristics of the brand with the three-pointed star. Especially in terms of design, value, safety and connectivity, the new vehicle will bear the DNA of Mercedes-Benz. 

New class, new concept 

The private-customer market is the focus of the completely newly developed Mercedes-Benz T-Class. The T-Class will meet the needs of families and leisure-oriented people at an attractive price-value ratio. The letter T stands for efficient room concepts and is thus perfectly suited as a model designation for compact family vans bearing the three-pointed star.

The new Mercedes-Benz T-Class offers a large amount of space and is suited to a range of different uses, including passenger transportation as a reference within sharing services – all while not compromising on comfort. The wide-opening sliding doors on both the left and right-hand sides of the vehicle as an example allow easy and comfortable access to the interior. Alongside conventional drive systems, there will be also a fully electric version. 

Mercedes-Benz Vans in the small van segment 

In the small van segment, Mercedes-Benz Vans has been represented by the commercially positioned Citan since 2012. In August last year, the Vans division announced a successor to the compact urban delivery van, together with a fully-electric variant. Based on this small van platform, two vehicles will be created: while the Mercedes-Benz Citan is a no-compromise vehicle tailored to the requirements of commercial customers, the Mercedes-Benz T-Class is primarily focused towards private customers. 

The T-Class and the Citan will be established in cooperation with Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Profile like lao pok cha. 

You are not alone. This London cab came to my mind when I first saw the press release by Daimler. @Jamesc I did it first! :D 

LEVC-TX-London-taxi-launches-in-Japan-0.

BTW, this new T-Class is supposed to slot in-between the smaller Citan and larger V-Class, while sharing the platform and components with Citan (which is technically shared between Renault, Nissan & Mitsubishi). In my own imagination, it would be like LiteAce of Toyota, and NV200 from Nissan. I do hope that the choice of material and better built quality make the new T-Class less van-like, at the very least, more towards the V-Class than Citan (quite a rubbish imo).

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 5

5 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Why need "class"? Vito van also merc but no "class". 

Have lah, Vito / Viano is under V-Class. Heck, even their pickup have "class" too, i.e. X-Class.

aCWVxPG.png

5ldCXea.png

But surprisingly, it is the AMG that has no "class", and so are the CLx, GLx, SLx, etc. :D

KLM8YD7.png

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

9 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Have lah, Vito / Viano is under V-Class. Heck, even their pickup have "class" too, i.e. X-Class.

aCWVxPG.png

5ldCXea.png

But surprisingly, it is the AMG that has no "class", and so are the CLx, GLx, SLx, etc. :D

KLM8YD7.png

Learn new things from you sifu. V class, X class. Latter sounds like X men and former sounds like Ex-Men (Thailand type). 😂

I already know my previous car bo class one. 😁

• Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Learn new things from you sifu. V class, X class. Latter sounds like X men and former sounds like Ex-Men (Thailand type). 😂

I already know my previous car bo class one. 😁

No no no, I am no way a sifu, I do not even have 700K (rupiah) in my wallet, not to talk about $700k under the pillow... :D

X men or Ex-men again is not my territory, wait the "sexpert" come and hentum me for anyhow side tracking, MLMLWML... :XD:

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 4

While a number of questions remain, the Citan and T-Class have been developed in cooperation with the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance. As a result, they’ll be restyled versions of the Renault Kangoo.

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-2.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-3.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-4.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-5.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-6.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-7.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-8.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-9.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-10.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-11.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-12.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-13.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-14.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-15.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-16.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-17.jpg

2022-Mercedes-Citan-T-Class-18.jpg

• Praise 7

Mercedes-Benz T 180

mercedes-benz_t_180_374_04be01b30bcb08d5

mercedes-benz_t_180_6_043600610d3109ec.j

mercedes-benz_t_180_1_03a102e509f80763.j

mercedes-benz_t_180_5_0470015f08860665.j

mercedes-benz_t_180_95.jpg

mercedes-benz_t_180_90.jpg

mercedes-benz_t_180_44.jpg

mercedes-benz_t_180_83.jpg

mercedes-benz_t_180_88.jpg

mercedes-benz_t_180_93.jpg

Basically a Renault Kangoo in branded clothing. Nothing have changed from the formula applied on the Citan...

• Praise 7