Workers' Party Chief Pritam Singh, Leader of the Opposition (LO)

Tohto

1 minute ago, Meanmachine said:

Singapore is only A RED DOT , not hard nor easy to run and managed, i agreed to separate TC management be run by Private Professional coy, MP and his/her team of GRC comes in to conduct events, RC related work and main core duties of overseeing the monthly residents welfare and visitation et etc.

it will be better managed and the whole perspective will be less burden to the MP/ or single seat ward MP elected.

All towns were run by HDBee before. And I believe HDBee didn't lose the sinking funds through poor investments too. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Today i got inspired by Pritam Singh, the post made by TCB and made a small donation to WP via their website.  It is a small amount to show support for PS's gracious action.

• Praise 11

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Currently, there are 15 ministry.  Smelly need 30 person to fill up those position.

Not forgetting that also need MP to run town council.

Wah ........ a lot of jobs created, no wonder 😂

• Haha! 2

Just now, Pocy said:

Wah ........ a lot of jobs created, no wonder 😂

1 Minister + 1 Minister of State

By the way, which ministries can be merged?

Just now, inlinesix said:

ah gong said multiple post but 1 salary only ... hehe

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Yes can see it coming. Earliest in 10 yrs. 

when the 3rd G Lee appears ......... about time

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Don't forget about those full ministers with nothing to do, I mean, without portfolio, parked under PMO. Full ministar pay but no need to run any ministry. 

Jalan the earth one round, I think he is the PM supported by most staff (mos,m, sm) in the PMO ......... takuh hantu or bei choh?  ....... highest paid some more and also can appoint spouse to draw dunno know how much $$$ but not 100 millions hor.       

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Today i got inspired by Pritam Singh, the post made by TCB and made a small donation to WP via their website.  It is a small amount to show support for PS's gracious action.

They got tons of volunteers too. No shortage.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
22 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

don't test me leh ......... i no earn one million hor

but we all do multi tasks in pte ....... lol

• Haha! 5

7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Town councils should be separate team of elected mayors. So MPs are not paid double. 

Just change the mayor and not the whole town council which is too disruptive. I am assuming more grc will change hands and changing town councils will become the norm. 

Ya, just hope that the town council to be fix permanently and not everytime election change boundaries and then town councils also need to absorb or split out. Same goes to electoral boundaries to be fix permanently too. If not really waste a lot of money when opposition win the election.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, inlinesix said:

I am not brainwashed.  Rather, i would go with legality.

Currently, only MP, NCMP or NMP is allowed to be appointed as cabinet minister.

Appointment of minister is usually ahead of parliamentary seating.

That mean they have put the cart ahead of the horse! Before they are officially sworn in as MPs, they are already ministers! Is this legal?

On 8/1/2020 at 4:13 PM, Fcw75 said:

They got tons of volunteers too. No shortage.

Hope PS' action will encourage more to volunteer and donate to WP or charity. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Voodooman said:

Hope PS' action will encourage more to volunteer and donate to WP or charity. 

Don’t worry bro, they really got a lot of volunteers waiting. And donation too.

This is the email I got:

Dear Volunteer,

Thank you for signing up as a volunteer with The Workers' Party. Owing to a large number of volunteer sign-ups, please bear with us as we determine how best to deploy you to support the work of the Party and/or elected MPs. This process is likely to take some time, possibly running into weeks and months. My colleagues and I seek your forbearance and understanding.

• Praise 8
  • Shocked 1

58 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

That mean they have put the cart ahead of the horse! Before they are officially sworn in as MPs, they are already ministers! Is this legal?

Appointment of Prime Minister and Ministers

25.—(1)  The President shall appoint as Prime Minister a Member of Parliament who in his judgment is likely to command the confidence of the majority of the Members of Parliament, and shall, acting in accordance with the advice of the Prime Minister, appoint other Ministers from among the Members of Parliament:

Provided that, if an appointment is made while Parliament is dissolved, a person who was a Member of the last Parliament may be appointed but shall not continue to hold office after the first sitting of the next Parliament unless he is a Member thereof.

↡ Advertisement