sibor is getting phased out!

Wind30

1 hour ago, Showster said:

Everything WAS supposed to run like clockwork. 

Now 2020 has literally very little or no more supply, 2020 supply of a few thousand goes to 2021, and 2021 goes 2022 and so on...

We can review again in 2021.

Singapore private RE rental market is foreigners driven, agree? 

What is the current occupancy/ tenancy rate? 

Are expat leaving the country?

The travel restriction. Are new expats traveling to SG? Trickle? Will V-recovery take place after herd immunity is achieved? How many quarters after 2H21? 

Where is rental demand going to come from?  Will it get worse or better? 

Will housing supply increase in 2020 (is it zero?) and 2021? 

Will vacancy rate/rental increase given rising supply and falling demand amid a deep recession? 

There might be other factors like liquidity, interest rate, political issues, etc that drive capital values but arguing that rental will stay strong and even rise (as you seems to expect) is just wishful thinking. 

Anyway, I am not keen to debate with you further on SG property market. Cheers and have a good weekend.

↡ Advertisement

6 hours ago, Showster said:

My gut feel is in 2021, residential properties will see a huge boom in price and rental, while commercial / industrial will be in the doldrums.

That should roughly be the time for my last move for commercial / industrial unless residential is still Super cheap. The last move will almost certainly be in full cash (very limited loan) due to TDSR.

I... don't understand where your optimism is springing from.

I have no illusions about the situation getting better for at least another full year. And it may never go back to the rosy days pre-COVID.

• Praise 4

31 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I have no illusions about the situation getting better for at least another full year. And it may never go back to the rosy days pre-COVID.

He has to, or his world will crumble.   Just like many others.  🤭

• Haha! 2

(edited)
9 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Rather than worrying about being screwed by Bank, why not be debt free in 3 years?

money not enough ? Most are riding on rental to pay off the loan that kind of strategy.  But i didnt know such loan can claim tax reduction 

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 4

44 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

money not enough ? Most are riding on rental to pay off the loan that kind of strategy.  But i didnt know such loan can claim tax reduction 

Not quite tax deduction but loan interest is accounted as an expense so you deduct it from your rental income so that rental income is a smaller number and therefore less tax payable.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Not sure about other companies but I definitely know my guys are looking to upgrade their rental apartment because they will be wfh for many months. 
that means looking for bigger Better place. 

25 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Not quite tax deduction but loan interest is accounted as an expense so you deduct it from your rental income so that rental income is a smaller number and therefore less tax payable.

Ohh as COGS. If INT increase ... i think landlord will just pass down the cost to tenants.  

Those poor man like me only got 1 hdb will suffer. So the best is clear off loan before 2024 😄

• Praise 3

23 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Not sure about other companies but I definitely know my guys are looking to upgrade their rental apartment because they will be wfh for many months. 

Our condo here is really small .... unless they look for landed. 😄 

• Praise 3

(edited)
27 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Even if “your guys” upgrade it means they move from one to another right?

not like they will rent two places, right?   

So LPPL, right?  Move from one to another.   

Thats the situation with A grade Office building now.  Cannibalising.....

Or maybe you dont even understand Turboflat’s simple post.

i forgot you are elite, top scorer student in school, very profound, yet naive, yet analytical, yet formulaic, yet pure and unadulterated.  

I forgot , i forgot, forgive me

Edited by Throttle2

2 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

Ohh as COGS. If INT increase ... i think landlord will just pass down the cost to tenants.  

Those poor man like me only got 1 hdb will suffer. So the best is clear off loan before 2024 😄

Its ok lah, poor men like us, just grin and bear it, bro.   🥺😩 

• Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

You must have a lot of staff to move the market. 😂 

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

You must have a lot of staff to move the market. 😂 

They are looking to upgrade becos freaking rents are coming off, cheaper and cheaper.  Muayhahahahaha

oooii! he got 2680 guys under him  ok? Dont play play.   Silicon valley tech company hor....

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Your guys are FT or locals? 

My rental property was tenanted by Koreans till they found the rental too ex and went to a smaller place also in D10. That actually happened a bit before COVID-19 was in full swing as such. It's now occupied by an SG family. 

My previous tenants have been Koreans till very recently. Interesting. I think something fundamental is changing (and will change even more drastically) and it doesn't bode well for rental demand, especially if it's mainly expat driven. Despite my own rental income being affected, I'm still able to accept the likelihood of what's to come.

18 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

My rental property was tenanted by Koreans till they found the rental too ex and went to a smaller place also in D10. That actually happened a bit before COVID-19 was in full swing as such. It's now occupied by an SG family. 

My previous tenants have been Koreans till very recently. Interesting. I think something fundamental is changing (and will change even more drastically) and it doesn't bode well for rental demand, especially if it's mainly expat driven. Despite my own rental income being affected, I'm still able to accept the likelihood of what's to come.

Aiyah, you dont need the rental income lah.  For play play one.  Ai lai mai suah.  

Just leave property empty also no big deal.  Wont make a difference to your life.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

It never will, it's amazing how I see so many people think it will go back to pre_COVID days.

For my age, I think I'm very adaptable but reality is no matter how many re-trainings or career coach I see will not change that number call age (which is still increasing).

Our country always full of young foreigners (SYT), where got need for old folks.

Oh, better not have any debt after 40 so no need to worry about what SIBOR, SORA, KOTEX, Laurier, Whisper, etc :grin:

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
45 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

FT. Some of them rent single rooms or share an apartment with others. New expats is definitely closed, we are having difficulty in getting approvals to hire new foreign staff. 

There are a significant segment who are transiting to WFH long term... these people might want to upgrade if their jobs are stable post covid. I don't think that is enough to balance out the reduction of expats so rental will probably soften, but I don't think it is all doom.

But whatever it is, the interest rate is more than halved and I am pretty sure I can rent it out at a 20% discount, so I think I still make more money post covid due to the interest savings. 

Turbocharged
28 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

It never will, it's amazing how I see so many people think it will go back to pre_COVID days.

For my age, I think I'm very adaptable but reality is no matter how many re-trainings or career coach I see will not change that number call age (which is still increasing).

Our country always full of young foreigners (SYT), where got need for old folks.

Oh, better not have any debt after 40 so no need to worry about what SIBOR, SORA, KOTEX, Laurier, Whisper, etc :grin:

unfortunately , time and time again history has shown when you reduce interest rate to so low, people will take on debt... its a no brainer once you work out the numbers. 

↡ Advertisement