Xi's Gorbachev obsession put China on a Soviet path

steveluv

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Have you heard of Esso, Mobil, Chevron? The were all one big company called Standard Oil and broken up by Anti Trust laws.

Before they were broken up they used every argument you are using now. We will be uncompetitive lah, we will be inefficient lah, we will go bankrupt lah.

They are all still around right?

The man that invested the telephone Alexander Graham Bell started a company call Bell and it was a very big company not surprising as the telephone was very popular even today. How not to do well?

Anyway the big company Bell was broken up to 7 companies. 

Now this case is different.. Coz Facebook, Google, amazon, apple do not monopolise the market. They are competing with the world not just usa alone. AT&T is a Telco company in America and can monopolise the market in America unless someone come in and go compete with America, but anyway it was broken up into many different companies due to ongoing anti trust law back then. But then recently AT&T is back up to be monopoly again with AT&T is the big umbrella. Standard oil I really don't know.

One must look things objectively, coz there is real danger that Facebook, Google, amazon, apple can be overtaken by competitors from all over the world especially from China. Like Samsung can overtake apple right? Huawei can also overtake apple right? Wallmart can overtake amazon right? Alibaba can overtake amazon right? Facebook don't know, maybe Snapchat may one day overtake Facebook right? That is if these 4 big tech companies do not keep reinvent themselves and stay put and then other competitors keep improving to what customer wants. Yes buy over can mean less competition, but that does not mean they do not have competitors. They have competitiors everywhere. Sometimes buy over competitors is a good thing if it benefit for everyone good. 

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2020/7/31/21349332/nvidia-talks-buy-arm-processor-mobile-deal-32-billion-softbank-purchase-rumor

Although this is a rumor. This illustrated that sometime for survival or for better of the company. They are looking at options to buy over. Hope there is no what law to prohibit these buy over state want monopolise the market right? 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement

5 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Now this case is different.. Coz Facebook, Google, amazon, apple do not monopolise the market. They are competing with the world not just usa alone. AT&T is a Telco company in America and can monopolise the market in America unless someone come in and go compete with America, but anyway it was broken up into many different companies due to ongoing anti trust law. But then recently AT&T is back up to be monopoly again with AT&T is the big umbrella. Standard oil I really don't know.

One must look things objectively, coz there is real danger that Facebook, Google, amazon, apple can be overtaken by competitors from all over the world especially from China. Like Samsung can overtake apple right? Huawei can also overtake apple right? Wallmart can overtake amazon right? Alibaba can overtake amazon right? Facebook don't know, maybe Snapchat may one day overtake Facebook right? That is if these 4 big tech companies do not keep reinvent themselves and stay put and then other competitors keep improving to what customer wants. Yes buy over can mean less competition, but that does not mean they do not have competitors. They have competitiors everywhere. Sometimes buy over competitors is a good thing if it benefit for everyone good. 

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2020/7/31/21349332/nvidia-talks-buy-arm-processor-mobile-deal-32-billion-softbank-purchase-rumor

Although this is a rumor. This illustrated that sometime for survival or for better of the company. They are looking at options to buy over. Hope there is no what law to prohibit these buy over sate want monopolise the market right? 

What you mean Apple and Google do not monopolise the market?

Let me ask you a very very simple question that even you can answer.

And your answer will answer whether you are right or wrong on Apple and Google do not monopolise the market.

:grin:

Your handphone is ios or android right?

If I am right then you no need waste your time posting any reply

as someone already said very correctly your posts are all over the place.

Just in case he still don't get it.

His posts are like diarrhea it never stops

but its a constipation of intelligent thought.

You have to admire the quantity just not the quality. 

Okay anoriod vs ios.. But that does not mean other players are unable to invent themselves and come into the market. Currently there is none, but what if future like maybe huawei is able to come out with mobile operating system software that is as powerful as anoriod and ios? Does this need anti trust law? Anyway anoriod is an open source mobile os that can be used by other players what.. So this one where got monopoly? Any players can come in..  Like huawei come in and use open source anoriod and put huawei service in it what. Huawei is still a threat what. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/microsoft-tiktok-deal-may-not-be-strategic-but-a-good-deal-anyway.html?__source=Facebook

Okay my prevous error.. Microsoft is eyeing to buying tick tock US operation. 

Edited by Yewheng

38 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Okay anoriod vs ios.. But that does not mean other players are unable to invent themselves and come into the market. Currently there is none, but what if future like maybe huawei is able to come out with mobile operating system software that is as powerful as anoriod and ios? Does this need anti trust law? Anyway anoriod is an open source mobile os that can be used by other players what.. So this one where got monopoly? Any players can come in..  Like huawei come in and use open source anoriod and put huawei service in it what. Huawei is still a threat what. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/microsoft-tiktok-deal-may-not-be-strategic-but-a-good-deal-anyway.html?__source=Facebook

You don't know the meaning of open source.

Its is licence - that means people have to pay to use and Google can if they wanted to not sell it.

But its not just the operating system - its being locked into an ecosystem.

Google knows more about me than my mother.

It knows all my passwords, knows every place I surf, knows how much money I make, knows where I go on holiday, how every heath problem I have.

Its really frightening how much info they have about me.

I lent wifey my Ipad and she logged into her Youtube account and didn't log out.

A weeks later when I was using it she started getting suggestions on What car to buy videos.

Heng I never use it to surf adult education sites.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Jamesc said:

You don't know the meaning of open source.

Its is licence - that means people have to pay to use and Google can if they wanted to not sell it.

But its not just the operating system - its being locked into an ecosystem.

Google knows more about me than my mother.

It knows all my passwords, knows every place I surf, knows how much money I make, knows where I go on holiday, how every heath problem I have.

Its really frightening how much info they have about me.

I lent wifey my Ipad and she logged into her Youtube account and did log out.

A weeks later when I was using it she started getting suggestions on What car to buy videos.

Heng I never use it to surf adult education sites.

Ya true.. Okay you win.. Anyway my point still stand.. America and the world gain nothing from this anti trust law on these 4 big tech companies. This is the point I am trying to make. 

24 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

But the good thing about you is your posts are all over the place

so Google cannot pin you down and you are putting all their algorithm into endless loops.

The back and forth and swings from one point of view to the other will defeat Google and waste their bandwidth.

Keep posting and keep Google in an endless loop. Maybe even fry their processors trying work what you are trying to say.

I do that with online surveys. I am a homeless billionaire driving an uninsured Rolls Royce and cheat on my taxes take holidays in Alaska and Batam like French food with tomato ketchup and always drink Makgeolli that I mix with Champagne drinking in non aircon coffee shops. 

13 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Ya true.. Okay you win.. Anyway my point still stand.. America and the world gain nothing from this anti trust law on these 4 big tech companies. This is the point I am trying to make. 

All your supporting arguments are all totally wrong but your point is 100% totally valid?

I respect your point of view.

You remind me of my BFF Trump and my MIL.

You sounds so much just like them.

Edited by Jamesc

2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

All your supporting arguments are all totally wrong but your point is 100% totally valid?

I respect your point of view.

I also respect your point of view too. That's why we have arguments. If not we would not had argued.. Haha

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Yewheng said:

I also respect your point of view too. That's why we have arguments. If not we would not had argued.. Haha

Aiyah we not arguing lah.

I am listening to you point of views

and I am just give you real life facts.

4 hours ago, Jamesc said:
5 hours ago, Playtime said:

when we talk about china vs us, lets take a historical view....

Exactly right.

Best 2 posts I've read all week. 👍

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Yewheng said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/09/facebook-should-not-be-broken-up-commentary.html

Screenshot_20200802_132317.thumb.jpg.7a8eec6260779e1df4765ca3765fd7e2.jpg

So this is the message US politicians trying to bring across the message to entrepreneurs in America? There is nothing wrong for being big tech companies. In fact, it is these big tech companies that improve the world lives. Imagine if things get more expensive, amazon service get more expensive because of even bigger regulations in place, WhatApp get broken up and then WhatsApp have to survive by charging subscription from end users to use it, then YouTube might have to pay less per view for YouTubers because of the bigger regulations, Google also affected.. Then that put China into more competitive advantage. Trump want to ensure that China not to overtake America right? So this anti trust law to big tech companies is in fact making it easier for China tech companies to overtake America more easily. 

"Comrades!" he cried. "You do not imagine, I hope, that we pigs are doing this in a spirit of selfishness and privilege? Many of us actually dislike milk and apples. I dislike them myself. Our sole object in taking these things is to preserve our health. Milk and apples (this has been proved by Science, comrades) contain substances absolutely necessary to the well-being of a pig. We pigs are brainworkers. The whole management and organisation of this farm depend on us. Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for YOUR sake that we drink that milk and eat those apples. Do you know what would happen if we pigs failed in our duty? Jones would come back! Yes, Jones would come back!

Hi to Comerade Squealer.

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

China needs HSR because its airspace is strictly controlled by PLAAF.

With strict control, it is unlikely to release more quota for civil aviation.

On the other hand, America has a lot of cheap air travel point to point. 

It does not need HSR.

Freedom of press allows ppl to hear more bad than good news.

On the other hand, state media only broadcast the good news.  Sound familiar?

America dont need to defend their mainland since both sides are sea, unlike China who has only one, even that sea side is not complete free of competition. 

47 minutes ago, golden_eagle said:

America dont need to defend their mainland since both sides are sea, unlike China who has only one, even that sea side is not complete free of competition. 

That's why Taiwan is strategically important to PRC for its nuclear submarine.

↡ Advertisement