Article: What Singapore's Luxury Car Market Reveals About Income Inequality

dudez7

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

If you have 30k.

Do you go for 130k new and assume loan of 100k or a resales 30k fully pay up. 

If can't even afford 25k/ 30k plus than better to take grab/ph.

Bro, sometimes in life, you need to learn how to see things from different angels. It will serve you well in any situations.

How about this view.. If one have well over 500K, but not willing to spend 100K cash on a car, so he'd prefer to take loan and then use the other cash to settle for something that can grow more returns or pay for something that is incurring more interest than car loan? 

Not everyone who takes loan for cars means they cannot afford to pay up in full cash, and neither does someone doing full cash for a car means he is rich.

Edited by Rickster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Bro, sometimes in life, you need to learn how to see things from different angels. It will serve you well in any situations.

How about this view.. If one have well over 500K, but not willing to spend 100K cash on a car, so he'd prefer to take loan and then use the other cash to settle for something that can grow more returns or pay for something that is incurring more interest than car loan? 

Not everyone who takes loan for cars means they cannot afford to pay up in full cash.

I weight other liabilities (education etc.) higher than a mere transportation. 

Not willing to spend in car mean that 500k has other commitments... Probably better to take public transport than splurging on 4 wheels.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Ppl who kpkb that entry level bmw buyers are badge whores are prob ppl who don't own BMWs. 

I just returned the 218i gran coupe to pml this morning. It's a car those ppl will prob say are for badge whores. But it is seriously (& surprisingly) good for an "entry level" model. Not just the drive, but the equipment levels, the materials, the fit n finish, when you drive it, it 100% does not feel "entry level" at all. 

IMG_20200730_151544.jpg

Nice car! I love the frameless window and interior! 

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

I weight other liabilities (education etc.) higher than a mere transportation. 

Education is not a liability. It's an asset and investment.

I agree with you, this has to be prioritized over transportation anytime.

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Not willing to spend in car mean that 500k has other commitments... Probably better to take public transport than splurging on 4 wheels.

I'm amazed by your view of things.

Not willing to spend has got nothing to do about commitments. 

I know of someone... not so willing to spend on expensive cars. So he just bought a humble Mazda 3 (the PHV generation, not the latest model). Does it mean he got no money or can't afford to? Far from it... because when he buys any properties, he goes full cash.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Rickster said:

I know of someone... not so willing to spend on expensive cars. So he just bought a humble Mazda 3 (the PHV generation, not the latest model). Does it mean he got no money or can't afford to? Far from it... because when he buys any properties, he goes full cash.

Hmmm to each their own...

Best is buy car buy house all full cash. Honestly, buy car if can better full cash. The interest is not low like buy house. 

if buy house can full cash, it means the long term saving is really a lot. My house $1m, the interest I also can’t see the last zero. I think the interest is in hundred of thousands. If can save up these hundred of thousands, can buy a nice car already.. too bad.. I can’t full cash a house... 

• Praise 1

On 8/3/2020 at 2:18 PM, Rickster said:

The interest saved is sufficient for him to buy few Mz3s ...maybe in the few hundreds of thousands at least.

↡ Advertisement