SingPass to be upgraded to NRIC's digital equivalent

inlinesix

Twincharged

I am for it.... Since most of the time I don't carry my ic with me when I go out ... The fear of losing my ic and the hassle after that. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I am for it.... Since most of the time I don't carry my ic with me when I go out ... The fear of losing my ic and the hassle after that. 

my nric card in quite bad condition already, here and there crack 😂

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Dafansu said:

my nric card in quite bad condition already, here and there crack 😂

Mine in almost mint condition... 😂 

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Mine in almost mint condition... 😂 

Mine is also in mint condition even though i carry my IC with me when i go out. 😂

Twincharged
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Mine is also in mint condition even though i carry my IC with me when i go out. 😂

I only bring driving licence out. But my driving licence also in very good condition. 

• Praise 2

My mom has a digital token ..... that also they are going to do away also I think early next year ..... as it is a lot of elderly don’t have a HP too 

• Praise 3

With more organization and processes going online, the move to upgrade the application of SingPass is imminent. Even some government agencies have started accepting e-copy of our NRIC (i.e. scanned / photo) of late, and I welcome the move wholeheartedly. This is what I call 与时并进 (advancing with time). [thumbsup] 

• Praise 10

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

With more organization and processes going online, the move to upgrade the application of SingPass is imminent. Even some government agencies have started accepting e-copy of our NRIC (i.e. scanned / photo) of late, and I welcome the move wholeheartedly. This is what I call 与时并进 (advancing with time). [thumbsup] 

The Singpass app can show the NRIC but no photo, just the name and nric in a simple background that comes with a scanning capability. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

There's just going to be a lot of scams. SingPass opens the door to a lot of personal info and services online.

As already happen in the past, many elderly will request others to help for using SingPass with the passwords and all, security gone case. 

• Praise 4

17 hours ago, Sosaria said:

There's just going to be a lot of scams. SingPass opens the door to a lot of personal info and services online.

As already happen in the past, many elderly will request others to help for using SingPass with the passwords and all, security gone case. 

Evaluation in IT technology is good for the country overall but we also need to spare a thought for those elderly. Don't want them to feel neglected and uncared. Hope special need can be cater for such group of citizens.

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Why blame the vulnerable end users when even the gahmen has proven incompetent in secure its electronic records quite recently (the medical records hack scandal, which we still don't know the full story of).

• Praise 5

I think upgrade is a good thing.. But then hope government to consider elderly that is not tech savy too. So to at least have means for them to use NRIC to varify and etc.. So this singpass is to complement existing process in place. So people have a choice of either using singpass or ic as a form of variation and or doing transactions and etc. 

• Praise 2

I just log into singpass using facial recognition against the ica database. No need to key OTP!😄https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singpass-users-can-now-verify-identity-by-scanning-faces-or-sending-otps-to-another-user

Pretty high-tech especially those flashing lights. Like those avengers movie.😄

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 hours ago, Davidklt said:

I think next steps should be working towards e-NRIC or driving licence.

Would prevent cases of misuse from loss of NRIC.

The Singpass app got e-ic already ... But not compulsory for acceptance by other parties. 

10 hours ago, Davidklt said:

I think next steps should be working towards e-NRIC or driving licence.

Would prevent cases of misuse from loss of NRIC.

most of the personal information already in singpass, NRIC, detail of your car, driving license, property, marriage, family members, etc.

oh include your academic results, not sure number of wives you had will disclose or not [laugh]

↡ Advertisement