COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2020

Carbon82

18 hours ago, colorfulmouse said:

demand should be high enough, that they are prepared to give you back your deposit and sell to another person.

Hahahahahaha

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

To me, top up will make your purchase more expensive, which is not what you want eventually.

If I am asked to top up, I would rather wait for the non guaranteed 6 bids to finish and look for other options.

There is never a right time to buy car, just ask yourself if it is the right time for you.

• Praise 4

13 minutes ago, LGmonitor said:

Thought I might need top up for COE, luckily my AD successfully  bid one for me..... could be able to get my car late next week.....

Congrats!

Edited by Kar_lover

41 minutes ago, louishavoc6661 said:

What are remaining step to undertake provided COE secured, VRN bid successful and car is VAC ready stock?

Wait for ur SE to call u for remaining payment. Then they do e necessary paper work n call u collect car once all clear

18 hours ago, yishunite said:

Lol 10k topup...

Look most ppl last rd top up by $3-5k. Coe only went up by few hundred. All these ppl did was allow more aggressive bidding and prevent the secular decline from weak true demand (see total bid numbers since start of July)

many car buyers are just happy to overpay just to get the car ASAP. 

fell into the lock stock barrel strategy of AD... yet still think they are smart and well worth the top up to end the anxiety and uncertainty.

They happy can liao.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, LGmonitor said:

Thought I might need top up for COE, luckily my AD successfully  bid one for me..... could be able to get my car late next week.....

Congrats!!! You so lucky!!!

2 hours ago, louishavoc6661 said:

What are remaining step to undertake provided COE secured, VRN bid successful and car is VAC ready stock?

Insurance and road tax, before registration of vehicle these need to be ready.

2 hours ago, Jwee85 said:

many car buyers are just happy to overpay just to get the car ASAP. 

fell into the lock stock barrel strategy of AD... yet still think they are smart and well worth the top up to end the anxiety and uncertainty.

They happy can liao.

Of course right. Those no car one, of course happy to finally own the car. Those buttock itchy one, definitely happier if just top up 2k to 5k to secure the deal. The pain is not now, the pain is added to the loan Mah. So one month see maybe 80 to 100 increase. Just tell themselves, is okay. I go 1 less restaurant I can own the car already. In actual fact, how many can go restaurant 1 time lesser since go restaurant already ingrain in them compared to having a brand new car. End up just owe credit card money just to pay off the “need” to pay one first. Sometimes the brand new car aura is just too strong. 

don’t say other people, my car 1 year plus my buttock already itchy. Power is never enough. Now I have 190hp car, I already feel it’s too slow, want a 250hp one.. it’s a vicious cycle. This cycle will only stop when my bank account goes into red. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1