COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2020

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie

I’m in a situation whereby I’m tempted to TOP up as well. Sold my car before I got my new car 😭😭 betted on the COE going south...

Possibility of me going to be stuck without car is there for a short period... 

there are many PI withholding their bids or bidding very Low COE. From the august result, I’m guessing the COE will continue to go up for the next few bids...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just now, Lotra said:

I’m in a situation whereby I’m tempted to TOP up as well. Sold my car before I got my new car 😭😭 betted on the COE going south...

there are many PI withholding their bids or bidding very Low COE. From the august result, I’m guessing the COE will continue to go up for the next few bids...

Wrong move right? Hahaha🤣 is okay.. this is a problem money can resolve. So just suck it up and top up next round. 

just wanted to ask is it  common practise by AD to have 10 bid COE and that too non guaranteed ...... is it a market norm????

and can the buyer withdraw without any penalty say after 3 rounds of unsuccessful COE's??

• Praise 4

3 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

just wanted to ask is it  common practise by AD to have 10 bid COE and that too non guaranteed ...... is it a market norm????

and can the buyer withdraw without any penalty say after 3 rounds of unsuccessful COE's??

No. Maximum I saw is 8 bids. After 8 bids then can take back deposit. Before that is forfeit deposit.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lotra said:

Actually I feel if the top up amount is reasonable  and G coe after top up, why not? 

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Passion said:

Of course right. Those no car one, of course happy to finally own the car. Those buttock itchy one, definitely happier if just top up 2k to 5k to secure the deal. The pain is not now, the pain is added to the loan Mah. So one month see maybe 80 to 100 increase. Just tell themselves, is okay. I go 1 less restaurant I can own the car already. In actual fact, how many can go restaurant 1 time lesser since go restaurant already ingrain in them compared to having a brand new car. End up just owe credit card money just to pay off the “need” to pay one first. Sometimes the brand new car aura is just too strong. 

don’t say other people, my car 1 year plus my buttock already itchy. Power is never enough. Now I have 190hp car, I already feel it’s too slow, want a 250hp one.. it’s a vicious cycle. This cycle will only stop when my bank account goes into red. 

I agree that power is nvr enough. For me, 1.6L NA change to 1.5L turbo also will want to upgrade, only see if your pockets are deep enough or not. 

Edited by Daniu82

1 hour ago, Passion said:

No. Maximum I saw is 8 bids. After 8 bids then can take back deposit. Before that is forfeit deposit.

a friend of mine booked a Subaru and they said its 10 ( i dont know why he so gullibly accepted the 10 bids thingy)  I take it that the car was not  that urgently required 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Bank going to set aside more budget for those who can’t repay their debt. Meaning to say.... more bankruptcy going to happen. Is economy really still so resilience? COE can still maintain??

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, LGmonitor said:

I got it at my 3rd bid...... dont worry, you will get it soon

Congrats! How much did you get your mazda 3 for? 

Neutral Newbie

First time car buyer. 

After reading this tread, I'll consider myself really lucky to be able to secure a COE bid, without top up. 

6 x 22k NG coe rebate, AD bidded at $33,999 for me. Got it on 2nd bid. 

Similar to the rest, I thought COE price will go south. Unfortunately, not. 🤷🏻‍♂

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, JayJ3 said:

First time car buyer. 

After reading this tread, I'll consider myself really lucky to be able to secure a COE bid, without top up. 

6 x 22k NG coe rebate, AD bidded at $33,999 for me. Got it on 2nd bid. 

Similar to the rest, I thought COE price will go south. Unfortunately, not. 🤷🏻‍♂

Which AD bro?

2 hours ago, BanCoe said:

Not common, cannot withdraw.

I offer 12 bids non guaranteed.

I use all the 10k for cash flow.

:grin:

My cash is flowing nicely now.

3 hours ago, Lotra said:

I’m the same as you and I have no intention to top up at up. Just endure another 3 more bids and I’m free to go for guaranteed COE. 

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

a friend of mine booked a Subaru and they said its 10 ( i dont know why he so gullibly accepted the 10 bids thingy)  I take it that the car was not  that urgently required 

Yah, before I commited to another brand, I checked out Subaru since their SUV was attractively priced but was shocked to learn that they have a program for 10 bid and worse of all, it's NGC. 10 bids is 5 months and it's simply too long a waiting time for me. 

Toyota is better. If you pay a little more for 6 bid GC, their rebate level is actually quite high.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1