COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2020

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie
2 minutes ago, pengu said:

Zzzzzz my dealer did not bid for me again. 
Did he even remember my sales contract?!?!

Took my $10k COE deposit and never do any work...... 

Ha ha, same... mine also didn’t bid for me..

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, pengu said:

Zzzzzz my dealer did not bid for me again. 
Did he even remember my sales contract?!?!

Took my $10k COE deposit and never do any work...... 

Did you top up?

5 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah...up again

those never top up and never get coe dont worry be happy

will have some mcfer come and analyze for you why coe prices will come down over the next few months

then you will get your new cars

😬🤣

Lol swee lah. I got another 4 bids left before I get back my money. 😂 though I must say, my beloved KMC up game by a bit today only due to the fact that they are probably facing a real serious backlog.

I’m looking out for the next good deal liao, Mazda 2 worth it not? My wife asking me to buy her a small car and I continue to drive my current car. 

Based on current trend, SE will definitely ask for more top up. Especially for PI, it will be based on current COE prices. 

3 minutes ago, Pooty said:

Did you top up?

I kept to my words of not topping up. Will not top up as long as dealer margin is >$5k.

Hmmm but with today’s rise, the margin is fast dropping..... hmmmm

Neutral Newbie
2 minutes ago, Correctorwrong said:

Lol swee lah. I got another 4 bids left before I get back my money. 😂 though I must say, my beloved KMC up game by a bit today only due to the fact that they are probably facing a real serious backlog.

I’m looking out for the next good deal liao, Mazda 2 worth it not? My wife asking me to buy her a small car and I continue to drive my current car. 

When you get your deposit back, will they have any deduction?

Those who bet with me earlier than COE will drop, faster pay me your bet. those who buy COE go up, go and collect your deposit back as the price you will get. 

kthxbye

2 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

Time to consider used car and thanks for KBW, he managed to save used car dealers. 

Are the used car dealers doing that bad? usually the used cars would be traded in at near paper value. If they manage to sell one at 8-10K profit, it would easily offset the "loss" they made on other cars (if they were to scrap those at paper value). And if they choose to rent out the cars for a short stint before scrapping them, they would even make money out of it. $1.5K to $1.8K per mth for simple bread and butter car is very easily achievable.. 

Sorry just another dumb question because I am new to this. If the COE closes at 35k+ and I see my AD bid for me at 38k, does that mean that it's a guarantee that I get my COE? Or I might not if there are 1034 bids higher than my 38k bid. Thanks!

Just now, mistedframe said:

Sorry just another dumb question because I am new to this. If the COE closes at 35k+ and I see my AD bid for me at 38k, does that mean that it's a guarantee that I get my COE? Or I might not if there are 1034 bids higher than my 38k bid. Thanks!

Yup. ur AD bid at 38K and the winning bid is at $35K lor. hahah

all those who don't want to top up, can forget about getting car. The demand is very strong. 

Some dealers don't even bother to put in bid for NG Coe liao. they are willing to give you back deposit to serve the newer buyers willing to pay for G-Coe.

hard truths. no top up, no car. COE really is recession proof. 

Neutral Newbie
1 minute ago, mistedframe said:

Mean you will get your COE, congrats!