COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2020

Carbon82

ya'll mai hiam la ...

if no covid ... coe no $60K no talk liao ... MTL!

0E327492-B4D5-467E-B212-0A78BB492F71.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Outlander1990 said:

Assuming got car at low price CB deal (i.e. AD margin reduced due to high COE). How does the high(er) paper value of car affect future resale/trade in price? Thanks. 

higher paper = higher resale value when the 2nd hand car dealer takes in your car.  

but also higher depre.

anyway, the difference is not that big after spreading out over 10 years

3 hours ago, pengu said:

I kept to my words of not topping up. Will not top up as long as dealer margin is >$5k.

Hmmm but with today’s rise, the margin is fast dropping..... hmmmm

What car or which dealer may I ask? Left how many bids? 

14 minutes ago, Lotr said:

higher paper = higher resale value when the 2nd hand car dealer takes in your car.  

but also higher depre.

anyway, the difference is not that big after spreading out over 10 years

Means next AD that takes car in for trade in will also give me a higher price?

How to calculate depreciation - isn't it just sale price divide by 10 - COE price doesn't matter?

21 minutes ago, Outlander1990 said:

How to calculate depreciation - isn't it just sale price divide by 10 - COE price doesn't matter?

Yes. Coz COE is price is higher.. 

U have to take into account e parf value at e point.. e.g. less than 5 years. Parf value is 75% of ARF.. arf is based on the omv of ur vehicle

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/rebates/parf-coe-rebate.html

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/buying/upfront-vehicle-costs/additional-registration-fee--arf-.html

Example.. Lets say u wana change car on 4th year.. the dealer usually will offer: coe rebate amount + parf value (75%) + additional amount they offer..

Once u get car.. u can go one motoring and check both coe rebate n parf value rebate easily here:

https://vrl.lta.gov.sg/lta/vrl/action/pubfunc?ID=EnquireRebateBeforeDeReg

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, TheBlurGuy said:

Luckily i topup 2k for G Coe and got my car in July. At the rate the COE is going, those that bought during CB or Post CB will definitely get their deposit return.

Good for you! Make up your own mind and don’t listen to online comments. Silent majority topped up and got their cars.

Twincharged
42 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

Cat A was created for the mass market to have a chance to own a car. Cat B and Open is meant for the rich people who buy bigger and more powerful car. 

Government supposed to take care the interests of everyone, not the rich only. 

people seems to forget about this, that explains the last election results. Hope it will improve, or....

is it? i never thought it like that. hahahaha. to me it was to give the impression that such a category was created when coe 1st started. but over time greed took over. ultimately, given that  the basis of COE is an auction styled system of apportioning limited goods, it will can never take care of interests. only $$ talks.

20 minutes ago, Fitmugen said:

Good for you! Make up your own mind and don’t listen to online comments. Silent majority topped up and got their cars.

True. I am not pro topping up or otherwise. But just like bubble tea. Everyone knows it's an overpriced item, profit margin is definitely 2 or 3 folds at least. But people r still queueing up for it. End of the day, what matter most is your own happiness. Why care whether the AD/PI will earn extra from your topping up? You think u don't top up, the AD cannot sell to other customers? It's just you and your SE loss. Or maybe yr SE also got other customers waiting. So end up, u r the only loser. Just do what you feel happy. Want the car then top up and look forward to driving it. If don't really need it, then continue to monitor market, get back deposit n go somewhr else buy another car if u really trust forumers advice tt coe will drop soon. 

• Praise 4

7 hours ago, Juicyjuice said:

No leh. My AD help me bid 23k nia. 

This is my 4th bid, my AD helps me to bid at $21k nia, another 2 bids to go. Looks like will be getting my deposit after the 6th bid.

1. Visit this thread analyse bidding will be lower due to xxx.

2. End up result sure neber lower.

3. Repeat

See you guys in two weeks time.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 2

To the brothers here whose ADs bid 20k plus and don’t wish to top up, have you guys compared if after topping up, it is still cheaper than the current deals going on now? Return deposit one thing, your deal also gone up in smoke. 

🤪

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Outlander1990 said:

Woooooaaahhh there are people buying cars without knowing how to calculate depreciation? 
sgCarMart has plenty of resources to teach you how.

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Pooty said:

To the brothers here whose ADs bid 20k plus and don’t wish to top up, have you guys compared if after topping up, it is still cheaper than the current deals going on now? Return deposit one thing, your deal also gone up in smoke. 

🤪

the problem is not so much about topping up, the problem is after topping up still no guarantee to secure COE.

• Praise 1