COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2020

Carbon82

Just now, legd_of_spd said:

Top up by 1k, conti AD will outbid by another k. Headache. 

So a friend of mine bought the previous gen leftover stock of a small Nippon car. CB deal was 50k, topped up 5k and secured this bid for Cat A. With the QP of $35.7k, her car cost what 20k? Lololololol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Pooty said:

To the brothers here whose ADs bid 20k plus and don’t wish to top up, have you guys compared if after topping up, it is still cheaper than the current deals going on now? Return deposit one thing, your deal also gone up in smoke. 

🤪

If unable secure COE, it's better to give up the purchase in this economic downturn never seen before,  since S'pore's independence.

COE is at $35K - $38K now, but the prices of new cars similar to 2017 when COE was at > $50K levels.

Current COE prices are not indicative of real market conditions, as they are artificially inflated by the evil forces determined to drive COE prices north.  😁

5 minutes ago, Pooty said:

So a friend of mine bought the previous gen leftover stock of a small Nippon car. CB deal was 50k, topped up 5k and secured this bid for Cat A. With the QP of $35.7k, her car cost what 20k? Lololololol

That must be the pre facelift Mitsubishi Attrage.

$55K is still a good deal..

The facelift model is now going at $70K

image.png.a5bfd28f0bdd6e218734dc45fbdb1681.png

Edited by Vinceng

12 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

That must be the pre facelift Mitsubishi Attrage.

$55K is still a good deal..

The facelift model is now going at $70K

image.png.a5bfd28f0bdd6e218734dc45fbdb1681.png

It’s a damn good deal lol.

10 hours ago, TheBlurGuy said:

Luckily i topup 2k for G Coe and got my car in July. At the rate the COE is going, those that bought during CB or Post CB will definitely get their deposit return.

Can I ask what car you got? Congrats! You took the plunge when people like myself sit back lol

15 hours ago, 13177 said:

If never bid for you but still consider it a bid then ok, just wait all bids finished and take back the deposit and go elsewhere.

That is what happened to me too but my dealer did secure a COE at the last G bid.

Those CB deals, I think can forget it. Try asking dealer to cancel off the deal, you see their reaction? They will be more than happy to cancel off. Why? They got a list of people waiting! Don’t believe? Try it! Hahahah! 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Passion said:

Those CB deals, I think can forget it. Try asking dealer to cancel off the deal, you see their reaction? They will be more than happy to cancel off. Why? They got a list of people waiting! Don’t believe? Try it! Hahahah! 

I can testify. My SE said... those bought during CB period, cite retrenchment or job not secure, likely they will allow to cancel immediately. 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Passion said:

How did your deal go? Managed to get your kimchi?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
13 minutes ago, Passion said:

I asked my AD to refund me back since the COE not coming down , but he say wait until 4th bid then they decide. 

Anyway wait another 2weeks and see how's it. 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Pooty said:

Woooooaaahhh there are people buying cars without knowing how to calculate depreciation? 
sgCarMart has plenty of resources to teach you how.

They buy based on profit margin. 

:D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Pooty said:

Woooooaaahhh there are people buying cars without knowing how to calculate depreciation? 
sgCarMart has plenty of resources to teach you how.

Well, there are a lot of people that buy car and depreciation is not somehting that they look into... Some is for the brand prestige (show factor) and some maybe love at first sight. haha

1 minute ago, RF7 said:

Well, there are a lot of people that buy car and depreciation is not somehting that they look into... Some is for the brand prestige (show factor) and some maybe love at first sight. haha

Hahaha I definitely don’t discount that.. People with fat wallets certainly do. But not looking into vs not knowing how to is very different no? And people wonder why youngsters nowadays have so much debt. 

they want owners of their soon to expire coe cars to give up driving and take the public transport. many are already doing it🤣

Just compared the prices during CB and now. Actually top up is the right choice as long as the overall prices are still much below the current prices.  Congrats to all that get their COE. 

Neutral Newbie

actually, how common is it that SE/AD do not manage to secure COE and refund deposit back to you? like do they die die need to make a minimum of e.g. 10/15/20/25%  premium (calculated using basic cost from sgcarmart) otherwise, they will just wait and refund deposit?

23 minutes ago, pengu said:

Haha previously so many people asking others not to top up, now all disappeared le 😂

Cos all of them already top-up and get their new car quietly. LOL…….

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4