COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2020

Carbon82

Perhaps those who got their car recently can share the year of manufacture for their car.

This small detail may offer some insights to how well the ADs are doing since CB.

↡ Advertisement

Actually end of the day I just feel that coe = u pay u get. U don't pay u don't get. Analyse and say so much also useless lol. It's a no brainer thing so dont crack your head.

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, hungryjack said:

Actually end of the day I just feel that coe = u pay u get. U don't pay u don't get. Analyse and say so much also useless lol. It's a no brainer thing so dont crack your head.

aberthen ...

car dealer grab car buyer by the pussy 

Edited by Wt_know

The car cost is pretty straightforward to calculate, just sum up OMV, Duty, ARF, RF, GST, VES, 1 year road tax, COE.  This is often called Basic cost w/COE.

Selling price minus Basic cost w/COE gives the profit margin. 

There are instances where the VES of the car changes, eg. from C1 to B, we just need to see the corresponding reduction in selling price to tell if the savings have been passed to the buyer.

21 minutes ago, Lotr said:

The car cost is pretty straightforward to calculate, just sum up OMV, Duty, ARF, RF, GST, VES, 1 year road tax, COE.  This is often called Basic cost w/COE.

Selling price minus Basic cost w/COE gives the profit margin. 

There are instances where the VES of the car changes, eg. from C1 to B, we just need to see the corresponding reduction in selling price to tell if the savings have been passed to the buyer.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/M032-Car_Cost_Update.pdf

just use this can already. 

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

Those who buy car based on dealer profit should get either the

Ford Mustang, $2k dealer profit, or

Suzuki Swift, $4k profit

Just nice one is a luxury car, and the other is a bread and butter car.

7 hours ago, Blync said:

This is assuming the dealers have passed on these VES savings/rebates to the customer i.e. lowered the selling price accordingly. In actual fact you wouldnt know right? 🙂 

Alot of times u you dont see cars with VES rebates being cheaper than cars without.

U can calculate the car cost. Can go compare those ves rebate cars, like ioniq. Look at the profit margin, it’s obvious the rebate is passed on to buyers.

2 hours ago, hungryjack said:

True. 

Been Looking at A5 sportback. Saw their ad this weekend. Tempting.. 

They probably have open cat. No top no dramas. Immediate registration. 

Screenshot_20200823_155829.thumb.jpg.36d47813deeb178ff672bdebf24daf06.jpg

Edited by Lufu

35 minutes ago, Shoebox said:

Those who buy car based on dealer profit should get either the

Ford Mustang, $2k dealer profit, or

Suzuki Swift, $4k profit

Just nice one is a luxury car, and the other is a bread and butter car.

Ya lor, if buy car based on profit, one can buy the Suzuki Swift but it might not even fulfill his needs.

15 hours ago, Juicyjuice said:

After VES rebate, if there is, still above $90k? 
the digital display like copy from Mercedes

You are right.

image.png.496a7cf886ee6d04e0c1e28764181a84.png

17 hours ago, Jtbc said:

CB deals are both parties mutually betting on lower COE.

If COE drops, both parties happy.

But when COE rises, buyers shouldnt blame dealers for not fufilling the orders.

NG COE is the protection line for the dealers if the outcome is different from their expectation. And this is mutually agreed contract condition.

To have a win-win is to top up to the reasonable price. But not extremely high. Buyer will have to  decide on their price individually. Diff ppl will hv diff comfortable budget.

Or call off the deal or let it lapsed.

Mostly agree with you. As long as dealer allows buyer to cancel, given the scenario, then I think it's quite fair.
I can understand why dealer needs to take 10k deposit. If they successfully bidded, they need to ensure that buyer will proceed with the order.
However, on the other hand, in situation where COE increases, buyer will be at a more disadvantage position if dealer don't make the effort to either offer a competitive top-up or bid a reasonable amount for the buyer. The buyer money will just be stuck with both parties knowing that it won't be fulfilled.
So, alternative scenario is allow/offer buyer a chance to call off the deal earlier. Since both parties bet, both parties wrong, so, let the deal fall through earlier.

One more point though, is buyer rely on dealer. Unless for cases where buyer choose their target COE, it shouldn't be solely the responsibility of the buyer to top-up. 
For example, if the dealer is selling at 100k, and buyer bought at that price without negotiation, then buyer did not actually bet that the COE will be lower. Buyer is betting that the dealerknows what they're doing. Dealers should hv more info on the market than the buyer, and if buyer can't trust dealers, then I think it's bad business overall. If dealer bet wrong, they shouldn't just past down everything to buyer. (e.g. dealers can request for top-up, but I think they should make sure it's reasonable, and is not dealers maintaining theiroriginal intended margin. Both side needs to compromise in this case.).

Nevertheless, this is a unique circumstance whereby most ppl are predicting COE price to drop, but it instead rises. So, I still agree with your conclusion, with a caveat. Buyer cannot fully blame dealers for not fulfilling orders.

5 hours ago, CougarGTR said:

Perhaps those who got their car recently can share the year of manufacture for their car.

This small detail may offer some insights to how well the ADs are doing since CB.

99% YOM 2019. Global product halt, supply chain delays, etc. Many manufacturers are barely at 60% of pre-COVID level now.  Several have downsized or planning retrenchment. Singapore is an insignificant market given our throttle on supply.

1 hour ago, Lite said:

Where can I find this link on the onemotoring website?

The url changes for each update.

link for?

10 hours ago, hungryjack said:

My kind of customer.

:grin:

Talking won't get the COE.

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, hungryjack said:

i cannot afford current COE but i want so need to analyse mah🤣

Edited by Ginyu
↡ Advertisement