COE Bidding – 1st Round of August 2020

Carbon82

21 minutes ago, Lufu said:

my friend bought Audi during CB under some CB deal. AD provided G-COE and already took delivery

Told him people in some forum debating about top up and hoping to get CB deal. He had a good laugh.

I guess Conti really has the margin??

so if buying Jap/Kor maybe need to buy G-COE deal if one really needs the car

I sign up for a conti during CB as well with G-COE. 

So previously I was also quite curious why will buyer accept NG-COE package.

I also don't believe in topping up. In fact previously I thought buyer should try to nego G-COE with no additional cost.

But I was told not all AD does that so I guess it depends on individual ba. 

↡ Advertisement

Lol my friend who did top up now sees the AD bidding a very serious bid for Cat A. Hahahahahaha 

Don’t top up don’t get car lo.

55 minutes ago, fatmond said:

last round we saw 93 bids before 15k and this round is 48 at the moment

45 went missing 

One was me. 

:D

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

I sign up for a conti during CB as well with G-COE. 

So previously I was also quite curious why will buyer accept NG-COE package.

I also don't believe in topping up. In fact previously I thought buyer should try to nego G-COE with no additional cost.

But I was told not all AD does that so I guess it depends on individual ba. 

Conti cars got fatter margins so for them to offer guaranteed COE is not uncommon whereas for B&B cars with thinner margins, it's touch and go whether u get the COE or not.

With thinner margins, how to give guaranteed COE as COE prices fluctuate and may mean it's not viable to sell the car. Dealers will obviously want to sell their cars if its doable. When they don't get the COE, it might mean they feel it is not cost effective to put the car on the road as don't forget they have to cover warranty, free servicing (if any), overhead costs etc

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Spring said:

Conti cars got fatter margins so for them to offer guaranteed COE is not uncommon whereas for B&B cars with thinner margins, it's touch and go whether u get the COE or not.

With thinner margins, how to give guaranteed COE as COE prices fluctuate and may mean it's not viable to sell the car. Dealers will obviously want to sell their cars if its doable. When they don't get the COE, it might mean they feel it is not cost effective to put the car on the road as don't forget they have to cover warranty, free servicing (if any), overhead costs etc

Strangely my conti CB deal was NG COE. Got mine 2 bids ago, and they bid very seriously. 

39 minutes ago, Lufu said:

my friend bought Audi during CB under some CB deal. AD provided G-COE and already took delivery

Told him people in some forum debating about top up and hoping to get CB deal. He had a good laugh.

I guess Conti really has the margin??

so if buying Jap/Kor maybe need to buy G-COE deal if one really needs the car

His dealer also laughing. 

:D

They happy he got his car. 

• Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, Juicyjuice said:

KMC. Confirm won’t revise. They wasting my time.

KMC!? Dont think they will revise your bid, esp today the coe bid is at $32k level range again.

39 minutes ago, Spring said:

Well Kah Motor Company initials are KMC whereas I don't know how Komoco became KMC when their full name is Komoco Motors Pte Ltd so if anything they shld be KM. Not trying to confuse anybody here but we don't want to do a dis-service to the wrong AD.

Guess how komoco is called kmc, maybe people derived KMC from this word KoMoCo? Lol. Whereas Kah Motor in short is KM.

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, al13ns said:

Wow...higher that last round for CAT A... 

Cat A and B higher than last round! Cat B close to $40k siah! Looks like demand for cars are very strong, no recession at all. [rolleyes]