Video: These Two Friends Rode 14000km From Singapore to Europe

dudez7

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I can’t recall too

Thats why......although i am known as TPS. 

But I confirm 说到做到 ok....

anyway wait until i 55 yrs old , see my wife allow me to go or not.... hee hee

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

Got disclaimer somemore

😂

2 hours ago, Albeniz said:

This type of bike?  Every morning you turn the ignition key, the engine laughs back at you, “Eeeeee…hee…hee hee hee”.

And then followed by ”Flop, pok pok pok pok pok…” before it starts to move off, if you are lucky.

Haha this is the work horse of the world. 

Over 100 million made and take millions of people to work in Thailand Vietnam Philippines Indonesia and newspapers to millions of homes. 

:D

4 pm at the causeway from empty to sound of bees and then suddenly thousands of them come out of nowhere and in minutes the whole bike lane jam full of them. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I am the opposite. I prefer a little detailed planning, like I would like to know that there is a particular place to stay/reach at the end of the day. I want to know there is a hotel at the end of the day, instead of just drive and see where we end up at and find that hotel. I prefer a pit stop planned at the end of each day, easier to manage. In between from sunrise to sunset, there can be variations like veering off course to look see look see at POI. Also prepare all the necessary spares and emergency numbers.

If you see my road trips, you can see that I pretty much did all that.

Regarding where to spend each night, I usually just decide one or two nights in advance although my general route of travel is planned a week ahead. And I don't book hotel till the day before (or sometimes same day), unless it's a weekend/holiday in a popular destination. This gives me flexibility esp if travelling in new areas and I don't know for sure how long I wanna stay. This issue is why I wasn't able to apply for thai visa last year as the immigration dept wanted all my hotel bookings for the trip <_<

So far I never had to spend the night in the car :D I think the only places where I book way ahead are Hatyai and Chiangmai. Then will need to plan the time & space accordingly.

but I guess if you're travelling with the wife, then it's better  to be a bit more detailed in planning the stops. Even more so for those travelling with family or bigger groups.

For mega road trips with a final destination in mind, I guess they gotta be more disciplined by planning the route in "sections", esp since they need to think abt visas and border crossings.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Albeniz said:

This type of bike?  Every morning you turn the ignition key, the engine laughs back at you, “Eeeeee…hee…hee hee hee”.

And then followed by ”Flop, pok pok pok pok pok…” before it starts to move off, if you are lucky.

People ride this from JB and KL to Thailand all the time.

One guy even rode from Msia to UK.

See for yourself.

:grin:

• Haha! 1

Here is why a Honda C90 is better than a BMW 1200GS for going around the world.

Even that German fella Hitler says so.

:a-happy:

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

I cant recall.   Name me one time leh, please

Sheng Siong job. Backside havent touch seat, gone liao.:XD:

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

People ride this from JB and KL to Thailand all the time.

One guy even rode from Msia to UK.

See for yourself.

:grin:

This type of bike ride from Malaysia to UK?  Sit until backside pain ah.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Here is why a Honda C90 is better than a BMW 1200GS for going around the world.

Even that German fella Hitler says so.

:a-happy:

Wtf. These fan sibei fhfl.😅

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

55 and you want to do on a hardship trip on a bike?  I remember you don't even venture into Johor. 

So I also don't believe. Lol

• Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

This type of bike ride from Malaysia to UK?  Sit until backside pain ah.

Can massage massage when passing thru Thailand. 

:D

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

55 and you want to do on a hardship trip on a bike?  I remember you don't even venture into Johor. 

So I also don't believe. Lol

You should know that i have had my motorcycle licence since 18.  In my younger days, i would go for short day trips up North.

twice to thrice every month i would just ride into Pasir Gudang for my regular spins round the track.

of course after marraige, all these stopped.  As for going to Johor for food and shopping, that just not my thing.  

A bike tour up north and even into thailand has more possibility.  Too many of my friends have gone while i remained.

so maybe when i “fully” retire at 55, i can be (lau) hero finally again

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

You should know that i have had my motorcycle licence since 18.  In my younger days, i would go for short day trips up North.

twice to thrice every month i would just ride into Pasir Gudang for my regular spins round the track.

of course after marraige, all these stopped.  As for going to Johor for food and shopping, that just not my thing.  

A bike tour up north and even into thailand has more possibility.  Too many of my friends have gone while i remained.

so maybe when i “fully” retire at 55, i can be (lau) hero finally again

image.png.0017ae5c641a3a4204af67bb4b743dff.png

wah guys. Really Singkie pawn singkie leh. Damn xia suay.

These guys do a trip that eventually got derailed from a road traffic accident. 

Also got so many comments.
And if a machine is unreliable, u aren't a f**king motorcycle technician by profession, after googling or going through a few troubleshooting tips, what would you know about fixing motorbikes? We don't even have many old motorbikes/cars lying around for technical minded/DIY pple to fix REAL mechanical issues (I'm not talking about simple maintenance).
And this isn't like overseas, an average joe can't be having 2-3 motorcycles just sitting around on their landed porch for them to tinker around with?

Never plan properly. I mean seriously, what the F do we know about how much they planned? Is there some detailed blog that they laid out their plans and asked the whole world to comment and source for ideas? I don't know, i don't think anyone here also knows.

Never complete so not a winner? Then what about those pple participating in olympics, years, decades spent training... Then choke, or perform poorly on the day? Wah f**king loser man....
The whole tone of the video wasn't to be a winner. It is to try something you wanted and not to be frog in a well. And it doesn't even seem to be produced by themselves, it's just them sharing their story.

Really keyboard warriors many many in Singkieland [laugh]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

19 hours ago, Shibadog said:

there's a SG young couple that wanted to do vanlife and drive to Europe or something last year. End up only reached thai-cambodia border after a few months. Their van and planning/preparation really CMI. But they still super positive (or deluded) abt it. See more here

Did u go thru the bike duo's fb page to see what bike maintenance/preparation they did? BTW i don't expect the bike duo to film/post every detail of their trip. Otherwise the video will be thousands of hours long. I didn't see them pang jio or eat lunch everyday. Doesn't mean they didn't do it. I don't see their 3mth+ road trip to Pakistan as a fail but perhaps we should agree to disagree. Do you even know why they eventually ended the trip where they did?

No. I didnt bother to what fb page. I expected the duo to do a detail road trip. That's what a road trip is all about. Why would I want to watch two guys spend time talking in the video? I wanted to see how they do it. Things like in remote mountainous areas how they find food, water, fuel or oil. Do they dump the used oil properly or just dump it by the road? This is exactly why it should be detailed. The video can be broken into 4-5 mini episodes of 30-45mins. Ppl will want to try it if they do a good video. But it's kinda disappointing.

I compare their video to other road trip videos, be it overseas road trip or 4x4 road trip. I dont compare it with athletes. If you want to I can also do it. If I want to run a marathon and I have never done a full marathon in my life I dont just go and do one w/o some planning or training. I might train myself to do a gradual increment in distance 5km, 10km, 21km etc. to see whether I can do full marathon. If you get what I mean. I dont go announcing to the world I'm going to do a full marathon when I have never done one before and then go make a fool of myself. I dont wear a big hat if I dont have a big head.

Why the video draw negative comments is because these guys are overconfident and overestimated their own abilities. That's how I see it.

Edited by Watwheels

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

wah guys. Really Singkie pawn singkie leh. Damn xia suay.

These guys do a trip that eventually got derailed from a road traffic accident. 

Also got so many comments.
And if a machine is unreliable, u aren't a f**king motorcycle technician by profession, after googling or going through a few troubleshooting tips, what would you know about fixing motorbikes? We don't even have many old motorbikes/cars lying around for technical minded/DIY pple to fix REAL mechanical issues (I'm not talking about simple maintenance).
And this isn't like overseas, an average joe can't be having 2-3 motorcycles just sitting around on their landed porch for them to tinker around with?

Never plan properly. I mean seriously, what the F do we know about how much they planned? Is there some detailed blog that they laid out their plans and asked the whole world to comment and source for ideas? I don't know, i don't think anyone here also knows.

Never complete so not a winner? Then what about those pple participating in olympics, years, decades spent training... Then choke, or perform poorly on the day? Wah f**king loser man....
The whole tone of the video wasn't to be a winner. It is to try something you wanted and not to be frog in a well. And it doesn't even seem to be produced by themselves, it's just them sharing their story.

Really keyboard warriors many many in Singkieland [laugh]

wow. Did your account get hacked?

on a serious note, that's why the comment "frog in well" came up in the vid. That plus "keyboard warrior" probably are apt descriptions for people that disparage their effort and achievement.

↡ Advertisement