Video: These Two Friends Rode 14000km From Singapore to Europe

dudez7

5 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

No. I didnt bother to what fb page. I expected the duo to do a detail road trip. That's what a road trip is all about. Why would I want to watch two guys spend time talking in the video? I wanted to see how they do it. Things like in remote mountainous areas how they find food, water, fuel or oil. Do they dump the used oil properly or just dump it by the road? This is exactly why it should be detailed. The video can be broken into 4-5 mini episodes of 30-45mins. Ppl will want to try it if they do a good video. But it's kinda disappointing.

I compare their video to other road trip videos, be it overseas road trip or 4x4 road trip. I dont compare it with athletes. If you want to I can also do it. If I want to run a marathon and I have never done a full marathon in my life I dont just go and do one w/o some planning or training. I might train myself to do a gradual increment in distance 5km, 10km, 21km etc. to see whether I can do full marathon. If you get what I mean. I dont go announcing to the world I'm going to do a full marathon when I have never done one before and then go make a fool of myself. I dont wear a big hat if I dont have a big head.

Why the video draw negative comments is because these guys are overconfident and overestimated their own abilities. That's how I see it.

they did the trip for themselves, not for you.

Their fb (which i provided earlier) got many text, pics, vids detailing their journey as time passed. If you can't be bothered to go look at it, then you don't have any right to sit on your couch and complain that they didn't spoon feed you.

BTW the initial video wasn't even done by them. It was a 3rd party.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

wow. Did your account get hacked?

on a serious note, that's why the comment "frog in well" came up in the vid. That plus "keyboard warrior" probably are apt descriptions for people that disparage their effort and achievement.

Nope. 

I just find the amount of negativity on the Internet ridiculously high. Especially when these guys are just sharing a story.
Has negativity ever sent anyone to the Moon or made airplanes fly?

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

Their fb (which i provided earlier) got many text, pics, vids detailing their journey as time passed. If you can't be bothered to go look at it, then you don't have any right to sit on your couch and complain that they didn't spoon feed you.

Then dont post the video on youtube lah. LoL... If they want it on youtube they will have to accept what's coming. Simple as that.

This thread only has a video link. Why would I bother after finding out they havent done the things they claim to have done? 

No lah. I wont even bother to click on the fb page. I have already wasted my time on the video.

Doesnt matter who done the video. The title is misleading much like a click bait. I also dunno why they want this publicity.

Look at the BS title.

Edited by Watwheels

8 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

Forget it lah. No point arguing with kb warriors.

Waste saliva only.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

You should know that i have had my motorcycle licence since 18.  In my younger days, i would go for short day trips up North.

twice to thrice every month i would just ride into Pasir Gudang for my regular spins round the track.

of course after marraige, all these stopped.  As for going to Johor for food and shopping, that just not my thing.  

A bike tour up north and even into thailand has more possibility.  Too many of my friends have gone while i remained.

so maybe when i “fully” retire at 55, i can be (lau) hero finally again

Hero, is 55 coming very soon?  

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Then dont post the video on youtube lah. LoL... If they want it on youtube they will have to accept what's coming. Simple as that.

This thread only has a video link. Why would I bother after finding out they havent done the things they claim to have done? 

No lah. I wont even bother to click on the fb page. I have already wasted my time on the video.

Doesnt matter who done the video. The title is misleading much like a click bait. I also dunno why they want this publicity.

Look at the BS title.

Hi Mr Grumpy. Who made you so upset lately? You need some positivity. [flowerface]

38 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Hi Mr Grumpy. Who made you so upset lately? You need some positivity. [flowerface]

My general impression of bikers has never been good. I wont deny that.

Maybe I'm biased. 

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

My general impression of bikers has never been good. I wont deny that.

Maybe I'm biased. 

Cool. You may take your leave from this thread and go to the drivers thread and hopefully it'll cheer you up a little. Be on your way. [flowerface]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Yah lah I have never seen so much negativity here.

C90 no power to go up hills lah.

C90 ride until backside ache need to go Thai massage lah.

C90 not as good as BWM 1200GS lah.

See lah, see lah even this mad man also ranting about C90 vs 1200GS.

So much anger and bitterness. see for yourself.

:grin:

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged

Give them credit for trying. They picked the right bike but probably not tinkerers.

Those who suggest honda cub for this kind of trip probably never tried riding  long distance on the NSH. The difference with riding a touring bike is like riding on a cloud Vs riding a kitchen blender.

This kind of trip is like my bucket list when I'm 60. Kids grown up, wife too n/b/s/h-aggy so plan for a world ride through Kashmir, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Congo, Nigeria, down to Cape town. After that cage dive with white sharks. If still alive, join worldwide nuclear plant meltdown first response team somewhere. Cannot come back. Cpf empty/locked up.

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Give them credit for trying. They picked the right bike but probably not tinkerers.

Those who suggest honda cub for this kind of trip probably never tried riding  long distance on the NSH. The difference with riding a touring bike is like riding on a cloud Vs riding a kitchen blender.

This kind of trip is like my bucket list when I'm 60. Kids grown up, wife too n/b/s/h-aggy so plan for a world ride through Kashmir, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Congo, Nigeria, down to Cape town. After that cage dive with white sharks. If still alive, join worldwide nuclear plant meltdown first response team somewhere. Cannot come back. Cpf empty/locked up.

Wah so fierce.  Maybe i can tag along sans the nuclear plant meltdown part?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

You may want to read up on how radiation causes death first before deciding to be a first responder. It will be a painful slow death. It is not immediate like strike by lightning type.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_radiation_syndrome

Edited by Adrianli
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Throttle2 said:

Wah so fierce.  Maybe i can tag along sans the nuclear plant meltdown part?

Cannot lah... Your tagging along means bentley and convoy of range rover support vehicles. I'm not good at doing ransom videos. :D

• Haha! 3