Video: These Two Friends Rode 14000km From Singapore to Europe

dudez7

28 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

motorcycle not like car meh? This kinda serious long distance endurance stuff. Buy MIJ one. Yamaha, kawasaki, honda etc?

Seriously, if I'm crossing the sahara, i would choose a toyota hilux or land cruiser 100% of the time. [laugh]

i'm not very familiar with bikes but I think the other brand that's well known for endurance is KTM. Which is not MIJ either [laugh]

if I'm crossing the Sahara, i'd choose Airbus 777 [grin]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

44 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

motorcycle not like car meh? This kinda serious long distance endurance stuff. Buy MIJ one. Yamaha, kawasaki, honda etc?

Seriously, if I'm crossing the sahara, i would choose a toyota hilux or land cruiser 100% of the time. [laugh]

BMW GS is the default bike for long distance touring.  It is a comfortable bike for overland trip.

It is different from car.

• Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

i'm not very familiar with bikes but I think the other brand that's well known for endurance is KTM. Which is not MIJ either [laugh]

KTM is famous for scrambler bike.

• Praise 1

although these two guys faced many obstacles and didn't reach their intended final destination, they still had a memorable trip spanning 3mths+ and i'm sure they came home with many interesting stories to tell. And they did pull the trigger to do the trip, despite having young families and probably many other considerations that would deter many from making a "trip of a lifetime".

I know of other people that repeatedly delayed their "trip of a lifetime" plans due to work/family commitments, waiting for the perfect time etc.  Of course the perfect time never came.

And now these people regret cos kena stuck and can't travel due to covid for at least a couple of years. Worse if stuck in SG cos there's really nowhere to go on this island. Malaysian/Thai at least have many places to explore within their borders.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

You got class2?

9 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

You got class2?

Nope. i know the japs don't really seem to be well representing in touring bikes. And i dunno how much more capable or comfortable these touring bikes are vs say a CB400 (which I ONLY know cos one of my classmates has a motorcycle licence and spent 10mins extolling the virtues of this vs a sports bike...)

But all these less developed countries all use low end japanese motorcycles [laugh]

40 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

KTM is ang moh brand (Austrian), some models, typically lower end and lower cc models are made in India just like some products due to globalisation.

Like French cars, they are not without its quirks, like changing engine oil requiring dismantling a lot of parts for some models. Don't think it's suited for long endurance ride since most of their engines are race engines with maintenance intervals based on hours of operation instead of mileage. They are best for trail riding.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Why the bikes so lousy one? Keep breaking down?

Hahaha.. just like their cars, they are damn nice and comfortable to drive until it breaks down, frequently.

• Haha! 3

38 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

although these two guys faced many obstacles and didn't reach their intended final destination, they still had a memorable trip spanning 3mths+ and i'm sure they came home with many interesting stories to tell. And they did pull the trigger to do the trip, despite having young families and probably many other considerations that would deter many from making a "trip of a lifetime".

I know of other people that repeatedly delayed their "trip of a lifetime" plans due to work/family commitments, waiting for the perfect time etc.  Of course the perfect time never came.

And now these people regret cos kena stuck and can't travel due to covid for at least a couple of years. Worse if stuck in SG cos there's really nowhere to go on this island. Malaysian/Thai at least have many places to explore within their borders.

I am one of them.

I planned a one last lifetime trip for my MIL to go US, Brazil, Russia and India 

but delayed due to Covid.

If I could send her now I would.

:grin:

United States Coronavirus Cases: 4,765,342 Deaths: 157,921

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

55 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

BMW GS is the default bike for long distance touring.  It is a comfortable bike for overland trip.

It is different from car.

Still MIJ for me. 

Germans are precision engineers who build high end machine.
The Japanese are Asiatic germans who know how to downscale engineering into an Asian setting of poor maintenance and less resources.
Maruti suzuki and all the countless japanese cars plying around SEA is a classic example. 

It's been a long time since the Europeans built something like the original Land Rover. 

• Praise 3

39 minutes ago, Kangadrool said:

KTM is ang moh brand (Austrian), some models, typically lower end and lower cc models are made in India just like some products due to globalisation.

Like French cars, they are not without its quirks, like changing engine oil requiring dismantling a lot of parts for some models. Don't think it's suited for long endurance ride since most of their engines are race engines with maintenance intervals based on hours of operation instead of mileage. They are best for trail riding.

This 1 nice le

3C90428B-9DFF-4D6B-B67E-202FE9D74014.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Nope. i know the japs don't really seem to be well representing in touring bikes. And i dunno how much more capable or comfortable these touring bikes are vs say a CB400 (which I ONLY know cos one of my classmates has a motorcycle licence and spent 10mins extolling the virtues of this vs a sports bike...)

But all these less developed countries all use low end japanese motorcycles [laugh]

Actually, the Japs have solid tourers & dual sports. You hv to go Class2 for a fairer shootout

cB400 is an extremely reliable workhorse. The japs are unbeatable in small (and big) DOHC inline four engines

i dont compare bikes of different categories with one another as it doesnt make any good sense. Thats like saying an SUV is better than a Saloon which is better than a coupe.....you know what i mean.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kangadrool said:

Ang Moh charbor ride solo round the world on a small Honda CRF250L aka Africa Single.

Singapore Charbo also have, but i know Babyblade doesnt like her......heehee

13 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Riding this on long rides, you will get back pain!!!

This KTM roaddie is great for carving properly paved tarmac bends. That's why these two dudes are on BMW GS instead. LOL

I dunno. This is the only road trip video I come across whereby the ppl in it didnt complete the trip. When you dont complete the trip you dont post the video and say you travel all the way to Europe when you fail half way. You know, it's a fail.

And the way the road trip is done is like they are pushing their luck. Do you even see them try to do an oil change along the way? It's kinda reckless actually.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1