2019/2020 Toyota Camry Hybrid Ascent Sports Review

ismailmiller

Hi bros and sis,

Getting my new ride soon but would like to have the wood trim in G Models installed in mine. Any one here knows where to have it installed and cost? Thanks in advance. 

↡ Advertisement

On 8/2/2020 at 1:06 AM, Hamburger said:

2500cc or 2.5L

Sorry my personal pet peeve

Wow, I have exactly the same pet peeve! 

2.5L = more road tax. It's not really that much more, about $600 a year, but just no shiok to pay.

Toyota has a 2L hybrid used in the Lexus UX 250h, wonder why it's not put in here.

There should be a bit of a reprieve from the high engine capacity road tax soon (which I just paid 6 mo extension for argh)

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2020/february/news-releases/Supporting_cleaner_and_greener_vehicles.html

Petrol-Electric Hybrids

10          For petrol-electric hybrids that currently pay road tax based on their maximum electric power rating, we will align their road tax schedule with the revised variable component of the electric car road tax schedule. Since these vehicles remain largely petrol-fuelled, we do not intend to impose the additional flat component on them for now. Overall, these hybrids will have their road tax reduced by an average of 29%.

11          LTA will inform existing EV owners of the implications of the revised road tax schedule on them, in due course.

12          These measures will complement the Government’s efforts in expanding the public charging infrastructure for EVs. Together with other existing and new instruments, such as the Vehicular Emissions Scheme (VES), the Commercial Vehicle Emissions Scheme (CVES)[5] and Early Turnover Scheme (ETS), we will support the long-term adoption of cleaner and greener vehicles for a more sustainable land transport sector.

Sure hope to get the 29% reduction!

My Ascent Sport 2019 head unit has gone wonky twice now. This time it flickered at start up then went blank but I could still toggle the Home button to give me Android Auto. But no way to access car menu system. My Android Auto is via a 3rd party adaptor as my head unit does not support AA.

You can restart the head unit by holding down the power/ volume dial for 5s. I had to reboot with the phone attached to restore my head unit display. When I tried it without the phone it failed to restore the screen. No idea why. 

Anyway this is a public service posting to let you know how to restart the head unit if the same thing happens to you. 

• Praise 1

On 10/21/2020 at 12:29 PM, Hotnyh said:

There should be a bit of a reprieve from the high engine capacity road tax soon (which I just paid 6 mo extension for argh)

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2020/february/news-releases/Supporting_cleaner_and_greener_vehicles.html

Petrol-Electric Hybrids

10          For petrol-electric hybrids that currently pay road tax based on their maximum electric power rating, we will align their road tax schedule with the revised variable component of the electric car road tax schedule. Since these vehicles remain largely petrol-fuelled, we do not intend to impose the additional flat component on them for now. Overall, these hybrids will have their road tax reduced by an average of 29%.

11          LTA will inform existing EV owners of the implications of the revised road tax schedule on them, in due course.

12          These measures will complement the Government’s efforts in expanding the public charging infrastructure for EVs. Together with other existing and new instruments, such as the Vehicular Emissions Scheme (VES), the Commercial Vehicle Emissions Scheme (CVES)[5] and Early Turnover Scheme (ETS), we will support the long-term adoption of cleaner and greener vehicles for a more sustainable land transport sector.

Sure hope to get the 29% reduction!

My Ascent Sport 2019 head unit has gone wonky twice now. This time it flickered at start up then went blank but I could still toggle the Home button to give me Android Auto. But no way to access car menu system. My Android Auto is via a 3rd party adaptor as my head unit does not support AA.

You can restart the head unit by holding down the power/ volume dial for 5s. I had to reboot with the phone attached to restore my head unit display. When I tried it without the phone it failed to restore the screen. No idea why. 

Anyway this is a public service posting to let you know how to restart the head unit if the same thing happens to you. 

Just to share my interpretation of this rule change, not necessarily 100% correct and welcome others to share their interpretation also.

From my understanding, for a hybrid the road tax is determined by calculating
1. road tax based on engine capacity
2. road tax based on electric motor power
then taking whichever is higher

With the rule change, the road tax based on motor power will decrease. However if it was already lower than the road tax based on engine cap, there will be no difference

This will benefit those hybrids with small engine but powerful motor e.g. Nissan Serena/Kicks models, but doubt there will be any difference for Camry where the road tax based on engine cap is already higher than electric motor

• Praise 1

This is one of my shortlisted car as I’m looking for a mid sized sedan/SUV <$130k. How’s the reliability so far and does it come with memory seats?

9 minutes ago, iwonder said:

This is one of my shortlisted car as I’m looking for a mid sized sedan/SUV <$130k. How’s the reliability so far and does it come with memory seats?

This other thread might be more active with other owners inside.