SPF New Fast Response Vehicle

dudez7

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Never mentioned cost , why only can read Number plates ( which might be faked) , should have tech to read the IU maybe 

What makes you think IU can't be faked or switched between vehicles either? 

Keep in mind, when you have a faulty IU and you go to LTA to change it out, they update the new IU number against, guess what, your vehicle license plate.

And you can technically run without a IU in Singapore, it is not mandatory, except you could never pass an ERP gantry unless you felt like paying the penalties each time, or getting off your car to insert your cash card in every contactless parking gantry. 

Edited by Macrosszero
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

In recent years i feel there is an increasing trend of people not renewing road tax but keep on driving their cars illegally on the road. Hopefully this new police patrol car can pick up some of these offenders with their new licence plate scanning. Otherwise it makes a mockery of the rest of us law abiding citizens who dutifully pay up on time.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Maybe they could also capture pmd license plate? Hope it can be done. 

Yeah but bet they can't catch this.....

ST_20191121_PMD_R1_5267318.jpg

• Haha! 3

9 hours ago, inlinesix said:

IU unit need line of sight. Can’t do Bluetooth scanning 

I said “like Bluetooth” ...... anyways they are going satellite tracking soon too 

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Ceecookie said:

On paper the torque may be impressive but the century sprint will be >= 10 seconds due to its weight and braking/handling is worse due to pickup design. It might increase the risk of accidents for our spf drivers.

I once rented a similar Hilux pickup back in 2019 in Thailand. 450n/m on tap means acceleration was good but couldn't clock faster than 10 sec for century sprint. Also being a pickup, understeer was severe when trying to corner above 70km/h on countryside road. 

SPF have Hilux too, good power, but certainly not for fast response car. A bit clumsy if u drive such car for such purposes.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Fitvip said:

BMW is for TP's expressway patrol.

SUV with high cg are not suitable for chase!

I mean should get X5...😄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

I said “like Bluetooth” ...... anyways they are going satellite tracking soon too 

The scanner has to be in front of IU before any data can be read.

12 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Can read back number plate.

How to read IU when police car behind suspect huh?

fixed a LARGE overhead spoiler on the FRV and place the reader there...😂

But there are easier way .. just place camera at the express way should be able to pick it up like how china does it.

Waiting for 5g and Mass drone policing as a norm. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

I mean should get X5...😄

wah... then instead of the fleet of 300, SPF can only buy maybe 100 leh... money no enough...

• Haha! 1