Africa-americans returning to their roots

Kb27

Supersonic

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-africa-53614694/americans-in-africa-why-we-left-america-to-live-in-africa

Americans in Africa: Why we left America to live in Africa

Brian, Rukiya and Marcus don't know each other but all three have decided to leave their home in the US and move to Namibia, Tanzania and Uganda respectively.

While some African Americans recently relocated because they see Africa as a safe haven from racism, others say they moved for their children.

In 2019, a number of African Americans were inspired by the recent “Year of Return” movement initiated by Ghana, 400 years after the first Africans were brought in chains to Jamestown in the US.

Anyone planning to return to China, India, Malaysia ? [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

Good for them. 

But frankly... if they can't make it America.. it's hard to see how they will survive in Africa. 

Only the already successful ones will survive.

This man going back 🤣🤣  ..... can do his Voodoo witchcraft there 

23768D46-CB35-450B-9158-182F6B15F8DA.jpeg

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

This should be watched by everyone, within and outside the US:

It completely exposes the lie that the only people holding Blacks down are Blacks themselves. Nope, jealous and violent Whites are doing it all the time.

• Praise 3

14 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Watch too much of this during lock down?

Capture.JPG.6ab67aadc66688c867ef48507b8eb1f8.JPG

I only got to know of this show when my ex-colleagues gave another colleague the nickname of "Kunta Kinte". I did not know what it means and asked that colleague. OMG he was mad at hearing it. Oops. I didnt know I saboed the other colleagues.[laugh]

15 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Watch too much of this during lock down?

Capture.JPG.6ab67aadc66688c867ef48507b8eb1f8.JPG

Remembered this show was quite big.

19 hours ago, Ender said:

Remembered this show was quite big.

indeed it was a great hit in the late 70's and i read the book later on in the 80's .... it was great epic....... just like Mississippi Burning , the blacks today have very little chance to excel and just remain at the bottom rungs of the economic ladder, some do make it like Colin Powell and Obama or a basket ball player or rapper and the rest fall to crime and drugs and most white corporations are not keen to employ them too; so much for a great nation of US  of A 

• Praise 3

6 hours ago, BanCoe said:

the blacks today have very little chance to excel and just remain at the bottom rungs of the economic ladder, some do make it like Colin Powell and Obama or a basket ball player or rapper and the rest fall to crime and drugs and most white corporations are not keen to employ them too; so much for a great nation of US  of A

But really whose fault is that?

Slavery is 150 years ago.   Segregation ended long before most of the black today were born. 

There are actually more whites in poverty than blacks... yet the crime and social problems are nowhere near the blacks. 

Other immigrants,  Indians (many CEOs),  Chinese,  jap,  koreans face the same opportunities and challenges, they doing rather ok. In fact they faced racism from blacks more than from whites. 

Even recent war refugees .. strangely including African and middle east dark browns.. that arrived with no English,  no nothing,  many went on to make a new live for their children in time. Maybe African black is stronger than American black. 🤔

With 70% single parents, and committing vast majority of violent crimes.. American blacks are simply screwing themselves and their children.. they need a hard wake up call. 

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, BanCoe said:

indeed it was a great hit in the late 70's and i read the book later on in the 80's .... it was great epic....... just like Mississippi Burning , the blacks today have very little chance to excel and just remain at the bottom rungs of the economic ladder, some do make it like Colin Powell and Obama or a basket ball player or rapper and the rest fall to crime and drugs and most white corporations are not keen to employ them too; so much for a great nation of US  of A 

quite sad . facing/ enduring 160 years of racism😐

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

But really whose fault is that?

Slavery is 150 years ago.   Segregation ended long before most of the black today were born. 

There are actually more whites in poverty than blacks... yet the crime and social problems are nowhere near the blacks. 

Other immigrants,  Indians (many CEOs),  Chinese,  jap,  koreans face the same opportunities and challenges, they doing rather ok. In fact they faced racism from blacks more than from whites. 

Even recent war refugees .. strangely including African and middle east dark browns.. that arrived with no English,  no nothing,  many went on to make a new live for their children in time. Maybe African black is stronger than American black. 🤔

With 70% single parents, and committing vast majority of violent crimes.. American blacks are simply screwing themselves and their children.. they need a hard wake up call. 

i've relatives (we are Asian) there & we save and save for the next Gen and are never much in debt, whereas the blacks will want everything fanciful & latest in style...in the nace of cheap credit .....but debt is a downward spiral ...... so the Asian's can afford housing in good white neighbourhoods and the blacks together with the Mexicans/Latinos will end up in the ghettos or bad suburbs where even the public schools dont have much private funding or alma mater and its just gets better; 

Somehow i think what our govt did on the racial balancing of HDB flats is a good thing of maintaining good racial relations and not that one area will be predominantly of "one tone"  enclaves;     

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

i've relatives (we are Asian) there & we save and save for the next Gen and are never much in debt, whereas the blacks will want everything fanciful & latest in style...in the nace of cheap credit .....but debt is a downward spiral ...... so the Asian's can afford housing in good white neighbourhoods and the blacks together with the Mexicans/Latinos will end up in the ghettos or bad suburbs where even the public schools dont have much private funding or alma mater and its just gets better; 

Somehow i think what our govt did on the racial balancing of HDB flats is a good thing of maintaining good racial relations and not that one area will be predominantly of "one tone"  enclaves;     

its very true the black did themself no favour .

but its also true that black racism and discrimination across all western country.

but we cannot mix both up.

does it mean if they are poor lowly educated punk bababa, then they deserve to receive racism and discrimination??  absolutely no in my opinion

15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

its very true the black did themself no favour .

but its also true that black racism and discrimination across all western country.

but we cannot mix both up.

does it mean if they are poor lowly educated punk bababa, then they deserve to receive racism and discrimination??  absolutely no in my opinion

Well we can talk about it till the cows come home ..........and nothing uplifting happened in the last 150 or so years , we have people like Martin Luther King whom fought for the rights but when you are at the bottom rung its a very slow and painful climb up for them, some will eventually make it but it will be a fraction compared to the Whites and Asians whom have skill sets.... i was on a flight with a black once from LAX to Japan and this chap was a Army instructor  and spoke the queens English and not like the usual "Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Bronx type" or cool dude Eddy Murphy....some do adapt to the mainstream and are serious in their work.... just look at the way Morgan Freeman speaks          

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4