Code of conduct for pedestrians

StreetFight3r

Just now, Kb27 said:

So escalator left or right, no wonder people get confused.

what if you're left handed ?

Left la.

Only HK & UK is right.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

So escalator left or right, no wonder people get confused.

what if you're left handed ?

Funnily enough, I am left handed but my right hand is stronger...

I write with my left hand but my right hand is stronger (like carrying things).  

Even my PE teacher got confused.  Like I write and eat with my left hand but use badminton racquet with my right hand (my left hand is useless with a badminton racquet).

• Shocked 1

Supersonic
On 8/4/2020 at 7:33 PM, StreetFight3r said:

Alot of it is common sense but covid19 and GE taught me Singaporeans dun have much common sense thats why we need code of conduct to educate us lol

Simi non-enforceable code of conduct? Waste time. Some ppl juz got no common sense on self-preservation

Even when there are clear laws that are enforceable for one's own safety, ppl still ignore

• Haha! 1

I find this is the biggest joke. Pedestrian walkway is strictly for Pedestrian. Bicycle lane for bicycle. Should you decide to walk on Bicycle lane like on the road, then you cannot blame the cyclist. However, Bicycle lane does not mean you speed and don't watch out for Pedestrian. If you want to ride that fast, go onto the road to challenge the cars. 

• Praise 1

East Coast Parkway footpath track also no keep left or right decorum , lagi worse on weekends and public holidays 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 8/5/2020 at 8:26 AM, Beanoyip said:

Just like unwritten rule on the escalators.. keep left..

On expressway also, keep left unless overtaking, but nobody follows..

On Roads and escalators, designed to move in single direction. But on a pedestrian walkway, people are walking in both direction, both left will be taken. lol...

2 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

East Coast Parkway footpath track also no keep left or right decorum , lagi worse on weekends and public holidays 

路是人走出来的 simi left or right... no bang is right, got bang is wrong... 

On foot, on bike, on pab, on pma, on pmd... on horse, on donkey... just watch out for each other and get on your way lah 

• Praise 1

This recommendation cam from the ridiculous AMAP. Every recommendations by them that LTA adopt have cause all these mess with PMD. 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

This recommendation cam from the ridiculous AMAP. Every recommendations by them that LTA adopt have cause all these mess with PMD. 

PMD mess started way before AMAP.

42 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

PMD mess started way before AMAP.

The only redeeming act by lta is banning pmd on the footpath, and that didn't came from AMAP. That group is the biggest reason for mess, coz whatever they recommend is to explode the population of pmd and pedestrian giving away some of  their rights on footpath. Die die have to put pmd in close proximity with pedestrian by simi 15 km/h and expect we are protected. Before them, pmd was literally banned.

Edited by Ender

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

The only redeeming act by lta is banning pmd on the footpath, and that didn't came from AMAP. That group is the biggest reason for mess, coz whatever they recommend is to explode the population of pmd and pedestrian giving away some of  their rights on footpath. Before them, pmd was literally banned.

LTA should have clamp down prior to legalisation of PMD.  That was not done.

The blame lays with LTA and NOT AMAP.  Only LTA has the authority.

On 8/5/2020 at 8:26 AM, Beanoyip said:

Just like unwritten rule on the escalators.. keep left..

On expressway also, keep left unless overtaking, but nobody follows..

i always scold ppl on stairways that dun keep left.

f**ktards.

Maybe should suggest garmen deploy pedestarian ambassador who can slap a fine of 300 sgd if you dont keep left while walking. [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

That's the problem with developed countries, even walking, cyclist, jogging, using phone, etc, needs some kind of "reminder", when all these actions are supposed to be common sense.

Went to less developed and less regulated countries, traffic was a mess, people walking and crossing everywhere, there are a mixture of motorcyclists, cyclists, pedestrians and vehicles all in one, BUT the flow still carries on and everybody is on their way without any stoppages despite the much slower speed. I see "intelligence" in those people in those countries whereby ours, always up for a challenge to one another, fighting for "rights", and despite cameras are every where, there are still funny characters make themselves become a "star". As much as I believe there is a deadline for Covid-19 in time to come, there certainly won't be a deadline for human "stupidity".

• Haha! 2

it is 5.5 million that squeeze everyone into this tiny red dot and stress out everyone. Just imagine 10 million. You probably just stay within your 20 sq m space daily. I pity our next generation and the generations to come. COVID19 had given us a view of life if we are much less than 5.5 million. I am appreciative of the space during this period. 

• Praise 2

15 hours ago, Mason016 said:

Maybe should suggest garmen deploy pedestarian ambassador who can slap a fine of 300 sgd if you dont keep left while walking. [laugh]

its even worse when joggers don't keep left 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Heartbreakid said:

That's the problem with developed countries, even walking, cyclist, jogging, using phone, etc, needs some kind of "reminder", when all these actions are supposed to be common sense.

Went to less developed and less regulated countries, traffic was a mess, people walking and crossing everywhere, there are a mixture of motorcyclists, cyclists, pedestrians and vehicles all in one, BUT the flow still carries on and everybody is on their way without any stoppages despite the much slower speed. I see "intelligence" in those people in those countries whereby ours, always up for a challenge to one another, fighting for "rights", and despite cameras are every where, there are still funny characters make themselves become a "star". As much as I believe there is a deadline for Covid-19 in time to come, there certainly won't be a deadline for human "stupidity".

Ya lor.  Everything also must wait for govt to regulate.

The best example is Ho Chi Minh City Ben Thanh Market Roundabout.

To us, it is messy.  Once follow the traffic flow around the roundabout, there is an unwritten order to it. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1