MOM takes action against 47 firms & investigating 240 others for possibly favouring foreign job applicants over S'poreans

Ct3833

4 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

well, we use to be very sort after. If we don't like it, we can get up and go to another country to get a job. 

But with the constant bombardment of Singaporean not good enough even in their county, you no longer have that ability to go somewhere else with a higher pay.

In fact , most Young FT come to SG to get experience and then leave for a better place to get more lucrative jobs.

There are also many that come here and then end up want to settle down and apply for pr, citizenship and unable to get too. So it work both ways. 

↡ Advertisement

The focus should be level employment opportunity for Singaporean, but seems like all the MPs and minister is focusing / claiming instead that we want to limit FT.

Well, that is one of the way, but it is their job to think of how to make it fair to the Singaporean if they strongly feel that limiting using quota is not the correct tool. 

All we want is to have equal fair employment opportunity and be treated fairly.

Also, MOE needs to review their education curriculum, why Singaporean after years of education is still deem unqualified / not suitable for these jobs?  

• Praise 5

8 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

The focus should be level employment opportunity for Singaporean, but seems like all the MPs and minister is focusing / claiming instead that we want to limit FT.

Well, that is one of the way, but it is their job to think of how to make it fair to the Singaporean if they strongly feel that limiting using quota is not the correct tool. 

Also, MOE needs to review their education curriculum, why Singaporean after years of education is still deem unqualified / not suitable for these jobs?  

For everything that the govt does, theres slways checks and balance. Hdb flat. Need to check on the minority race. Maybe we should also have something similar. Since we kept saying, we send those people to be train in cloud. They have a higher chance of conversion and taking up a role. So those new applicants for ft coming to sg should be limited till all the 1200 places applicant find a job. That could be one possibility.

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

excellent point.

we can't and must not limit FT to zero. that's suicidal because we need FT ... the real talent

the over-reliance on FT must stop ... this is the problem that drag down our productivity

quality over quantity ... that's the main point

the next excellent point is education and training .... why always say we don't have the "talent" locally that we need to import

ICT, Finance, Bio-science, R&D, heavy tech, Logistic, etc .... whatever jobs that are in the future we must churn out as many talent as possible like a production line

the local uni and poly and ite need to "produce" these talent .... 

btw, not talking about FW and FDW ... it's PMET ... the jobs that bring food on the table, buy hdb and build a family

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 10

15 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

For Our education system , you just take a look at the textbooks being sold at Popular bookstore these days.

For example and I apologise in advance if my example is very simplistic , even till this day , the Sec 3 Additional maths curriculum still don’t explain well enough the fundamental of differential and integration and how calculus can be applied to say a practical problem, perhaps even using it to explain rates of change of the number of infected persons due to Covid 19 and past pandemics like the Spanish flu. What I see is endless drilling of problems and sums you having to memorise and drill sums in different permutation with no practical applications. Perhaps that’s when private tuition comes in handy.

I would be so brave as to say, when I was in Sec3, I almost drop my A maths as I couldn’t cope as the teachers got no time to explain to you. My parents hired a tutor and I eventually manage to score well enough to make it through O levels .

Edited by No_worries
  • Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Actually when jamus lim put it across his message, it is really seems like the solutions that he might be looking for is to stop issuing EP and or s pass completely as if based on % wise if difference between 30,400 to 9,000 annually relative to total number of employment is very little if based on jamus lim comparing to large number of drop vs small % number of drop. So which means the number of EP and S pass altogether is very large and scary such that need to stop issuing new EP and s passes or even decrease it. (That is if the total number is really very large) Coz how much can mom further decrease the rate of increase? It already decreased from 30,400 annually to 9,000 annually.. Decrease further to 2k increase annually? If that's the case why not zero increase since 2k is so near to zero. So this is what Tan might be thinking. By the way who is Tan in the screenshot? 

Actually Jamus asked a very simple mathematical question in which the minister catch no ball at all. It doesn't matter what he implies but what matters is a million $$ minister catch no ball!

I'm not surprise at all when high SES people expect things handed to them instead of using brains.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4wxdfSI3Q_9Drbd5DgRL

• Praise 4

8 hours ago, Wt_know said:

does this sounds like primary student arguing homework?

ok lo ... you think my answer is inaccurate then rub all answers and redo la?

when did jamus said completely stop EP and S-Pass to “zero”?

07F01CCF-B47B-4B0F-BD8A-C5CBAEBC9E4E.jpeg

They think Jamus as dumb as themselves? Why when disagreement automatically assume that people want to swing all the way to some far extreme end?

44 minutes ago, No_worries said:

For Our education system , you just take a look at the textbooks being sold at Popular bookstore these days.

For example and I apologise in advance if my example is very simplistic , even till this day , the Sec 3 Additional maths curriculum still don’t explain well enough the fundamental of differential and integration and how calculus can be applied to say a practical problem, perhaps even using it to explain rates of change of the number of infected persons due to Covid 19 and past pandemics like the Spanish flu. What I see is endless drilling of problems and sums you having to memorise and drill sums in different permutation with no practical applications. Perhaps that’s when private tuition comes in handy.

I would be so brave as to say, when I was in Sec3, I almost drop my A maths as I couldn’t cope as the teachers got no time to explain to you. My parents hired a tutor and I eventually manage to score well enough to make it through O levels .

Well, private tution has a huge market is because some of the existing school teacher moonlight. So its not advantages to teach too well in the school.

Else how to account for so many cars in school that tge teachers have a problem in finding parking lots in the school compound?

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, No_worries said:

When you look at Ms Teo speaking , I can observe she keep blinking her eyes and her voice and delivery looks quite forced at times, it reminds me of Mr Heng. 

Not convincing at all, still want to talk about her kids telling her , mum I can’t find a job.

She doesn't have to wait for her kids to grow up and tell her they don't have a job. Now already alot of PMET are telling her and her colleague they don't have a job. The loss of SK grc is a clear message to her. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

Actually Jamus asked a very simple mathematical question in which the minister catch no ball at all. It doesn't matter what he implies but what matters is a million $$ minister catch no ball!

I'm not surprise at all when high SES people expect things handed to them instead of using brains.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4wxdfSI3Q_9Drbd5DgRL

They have it good in parliament for too long. Everything yes yes yes. Become Nua and complacent.

Now with WP and esp Jamus Lim, they better wake up their idea.

Gosh, I really was hoping to see CSJ in parliament. When he asked questions, he really bite on it and don’t let go. That’s what a parliament is fundamentally for, to ask questions.

• Praise 2

43 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Gosh, I really was hoping to see CSJ in parliament. When he asked questions, he really bite on it and don’t let go. That’s what a parliament is fundamentally for, to ask questions.

eyes power + stern look ... win already ... LOL

IMG_8051.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1