BTO 2020 August Launch

Juicyjuice

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Diagonally opposite Old Airport Road Hawker.  5 mins walk to circle line MRT

Dakota that area always is an popular location, mainly because it is near to famous old airport rd hc, near to CCL, not far to CBD area by bus. 

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dakota that area always is an popular location, mainly because it is near to famous old airport rd hc, near to CCL, not far to CBD area by bus. 

The area also got a lot of Senior Citizen.  

9 hours ago, Aloe111 said:

I can't say if this policy of allowing HDBs to be sold on open market is right for everyone. But if I recall it's introduced by GCT as "asset enhancement". There will be some Singaporeans happy and some not.

I don't agree on this asset enhancement strategy cos there is a price to pay for this as our future generation will bear the cost of lining our present generation pockets.They will hv to pay inflated prices for their basic housing needs just cos their forefathers had the "brilliant idea" of enhancing subsidised assets.

Mine you I also benefited from my sale of HDB flat but if given a choice, I would rather forego enhancing my HDB asset so that future generations won't bear the brunt of this decision. The enhancing of assets also indirectly contributed to an overall higher cost of living.   

• Praise 9

47 minutes ago, 13177 said:

5mins drive to stadium, 5mins drive to Suntec/Marina Square, another few mins more to CBD area. But then the trend now is to get out of this area and instead go to heartlands. City area may not be as attractive anymore in years to come. 

2 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

5mins drive to stadium, 5mins drive to Suntec/Marina Square, another few mins more to CBD area. But then the trend now is to get out of this area and instead go to heartlands. City area may not be as attractive anymore in years to come. 

Ya. Drive to Causeway or Tuas Link very far. Cannot do fast pitstop, splash and dash.

Edited by Adrianli
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

Maybe this pandemic will change the whole dynamics of working in office locations.. so city may only appeal to some

36 minutes ago, Spring said:

I don't agree on this asset enhancement strategy cos there is a price to pay for this as our future generation will bear the cost of lining our present generation pockets.They will hv to pay inflated prices for their basic housing needs just cos their forefathers had the "brilliant idea" of enhancing subsidised assets.

Mine you I also benefited from my sale of HDB flat but if given a choice, I would rather forego enhancing my HDB asset so that future generations won't bear the brunt of this decision. The enhancing of assets also indirectly contributed to an overall higher cost of living.   

Maybe that was not a good policy on hindsight, only to please one or two generations of HDB owners.

But the genie is already out of the bottle, hard to get it back in.

How to turn back the clock and reverse this policy without negating one or two generation's of asset "wealth"?  Then others will complain about those who profited. 

Maybe HDB will release in future a "restricted" type of flats with lower prices but can only sellback to HDB at predetermined calc values. 

Some policies will benefit rich ppl, some will benefit not-rich ppl. E.g. estate tax abolishment will not benefit ppl who live in HDB, but benefit ppl who pretends to live in HDB in Mcf.

Anyway this is a separate issue. What the other guy was whining about is that he missed the chance to buy new HDB because his income is too high and disqualified. Or maybe he had a chance but didn't take it because HDB too low class and now regretting. Or maybe he just likes to whine to pass time. Who cares 🤣

Edited by Aloe111

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

The area also got a lot of Senior Citizen.  

Senior citizen maybe comes from those old flats in Jln Dua area. This area consider quite many newer flats liao if you compared with those old estate lo.

51 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

Maybe due to more MRT lines build, those heartlands area getting popular and people dont mind to stay in location far from city area. But i find location near to city area property pricing still can fetch quite high lo, esp those flats build after year 2000 onwards. You see queenstown that stretch, hdb so ex even for those more than 10 years old.

53 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Ya. Drive to Causeway or Tuas Link very far. Cannot do fast pitstop, splash and dash.

Maybe those people like to be nearer to airport than causeway/tuas custom? Lol. For people like to chiong JB often, usually would choose location in the west/north area de.

On 8/12/2020 at 10:27 PM, Spring said:

HDB shld nvr be bought with profit in mind although I know many buyers hv this mentality. It’s original intention was to be a roof over our heads n to give us a stake in our country’s soil. Unfortunately n for this govt has to be blamed, the game changed n HDB became a money making machine with the drive to asset enhancement. I don’t want to go into the details n argument on this but I hope that we can go back to basics for public housing with its original intention but I fear that it’s difficult to turn round after going this far. 

They using property as part of GDP ... will be good for all if they find a way to manage that.

• Haha! 2

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

Why cbd ... all wfh 😆🍻🍻🍻

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Angcheek said:

Why cbd ... all wfh 😆🍻🍻🍻

Only now wfh. Dont think wfh would become forever la.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1