2020 Kia Sonet

Carbon82

Message added by BabyBlade

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

I think i saw this Sonet on the road yesterday, didnt managed to see clearly what car model but saw it was a KIA small size SUV. The colour looks weird, that is why it catches my attention.

Might have been the sort of golden colour one you saw? I must agree the colour looks a bit weird. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

15 hours ago, Algergohce said:

@BabyBlade The app apparently is not ready yet and owners will be informed to go get it installed in Mar Apr period. So have not used it yet. Will post some comments after getting it. On paper, seems to be useful to have some sort of long distance remote control over the car.. 

At least owners were informed and system will be installed when ready. 

When the new A-Class came out back in 2018/2019, boasting the first model in their lineup to get the new MBUX system, but the Mercedes Me Connect was not ready for the earlier batches. Was told by C&C that even when newer batches came, it is impossible to retrofit the module to existing cars. C&C is crap on this compared to the Kia Sonet (also from C&C although many are saying different branch of the company). 

The PI models get to enjoy the full Mercedes Me Connect lor. 

Edited by Wormee
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
On 2/3/2022 at 11:10 PM, Algergohce said:

@BabyBlade The app apparently is not ready yet and owners will be informed to go get it installed in Mar Apr period. So have not used it yet. Will post some comments after getting it. On paper, seems to be useful to have some sort of long distance remote control over the car.. 

Oh yeah I think it was mentioned in the press release that the app isn't ready yet. My bad. Anyway, the Sonet could use a review here! https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=21502 If you're willing. 😀

On 2/3/2022 at 12:53 PM, Algergohce said:

Seems not much fanfare over this model. I collected the car last week. To be frank, the idea that it is made in India certainly weighted in my mind when looking at the model. However, if you go to the showroom and take a look at it, and test drive it, you will realise that it is actually pretty well made. No doubt many will shun it because of the manufacturing place and that it will probably not fare very well locally, I personally think it is as well made as any other KIA in the showroom. The car is actually meant for my wife, she liked it because of the small footprint, and high vantage point. As I was driving it around after collection, I can feel that it is a quiet and good drive in terms of comfort and NVH. Features, although lacking in active safety, made it up with ventilated seats, wireless charger, LED headlights etc.. The only let downs were the Apollo brand tyres and also rear drum brakes. For a small SUV/Crossover at this price, I think its a worthwhile buy for day to day use. 

Having viewed the car at the showroom, I'd say probably the stonic is a better idea.

The sun visors are a deep disappointment as they are soft and filmsy (reminds me of the old Yaris, which was filled with cardboard, and probably the Sonet too.) 

It feels more in place in a cheap Chinese car than a Kia.

At 108999, a C4 gives a much better feel even when stationary (factoring in 4k early bird discount)

Nevertheless, it is a pity because it's build is good and it doesn't feel out of place amongst mik Kia's.

• Praise 2

Seems not much fanfare over this model. I collected the car last week. To be frank, the idea that it is made in India certainly weighted in my mind when looking at the model. However, if you go to the showroom and take a look at it, and test drive it, you will realise that it is actually pretty well made. No doubt many will shun it because of the manufacturing place and that it will probably not fare very well locally, I personally think it is as well made as any other KIA in the showroom. The car is actually meant for my wife, she liked it because of the small footprint, and high vantage point. As I was driving it around after collection, I can feel that it is a quiet and good drive in terms of comfort and NVH. Features, although lacking in active safety, made it up with ventilated seats, wireless charger, LED headlights etc.. The only let downs were the Apollo brand tyres and also rear drum brakes. For a small SUV/Crossover at this price, I think its a worthwhile buy for day to day use. 

Congratulations to you on  your new car. 😀

My family and I went to view and test drive both the Sonet and Stonic this weekend.

Was told that the Sonet is now out of stock and earliest availability is estimated to be in June or July. And the Stonic only has the EX variant currently available.

We find the Sonet to be a nice compact SUV. The Sonet rides better than the Stonic, but the Stonic handles and corners better than the Sonet. The Sonet's engine is also smooth and quiet;  the Stonic's acceleration feels preppier and the Sonet's feels more linear and smoother.

Overall we feel the Sonet's cabin better to be in and the car nicer to travel in.

As regards to the tyres, this is also the first time I hear of the Apollo brand.

• Praise 1

@Algergohce  Hi fellow Sonet, so do you have problem getting any accessories? like Visor, Magnetic Sunshade, Rubber Trunk Mat?

Edited by virtually

@virtually Hello and congrats on your car. My Sonet actually is driven by my wife, who doesn't really change the car too much. ha. I only occasionally drive it to fill it up etc. I do agree that this car being newly launched in Singapore, the accessories seem hard to get. perhaps the india market has more, but we have no real means to get any. Guess the only way is to wait for a bit more.. The only things i am thinking of is the trunk mat as you mentioned and also perhaps consider a change of tyres from the stock Apollo ones. Any means from you?

@Algergohce Thanks. There is no Sonet SG club or any sort. I saw some accessories Amazon.In but they don't ship to SG. Probably concierge shipping. 
I am looking for Magnetic Sunshade cos the AD solar film given does not reject the heat much. Apollo tyres works for me now. I don't really hit so much on accelerator maybe i will change after 1 year - or wait for any Shopee/Lazada sale. Previously i bought $400 for Yokohama AE51 during a Lazada sale. (good but traction/grip is so good until my FC drop). Probably go try other brand next time. 

I called up C&C, they can install their aftermarket Blind Spot Monitoring ($600+). Electric Auto Tailgate, is low on stock - have not tested on SONET yet so not advisable. Wait for my 1k servicing then i install both together. 

Currently i installed those "Door Lock Screw Cover", "Door Hinge Cover" made from ABS black plastic to prevent rust. Previously i installed on my Jazz and during I trade in, the hinges are still in good condition. 

@virtually 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:05 PM, virtually said:

@Algergohce Thanks. There is no Sonet SG club or any sort. I saw some accessories Amazon.In but they don't ship to SG. Probably concierge shipping. 
I am looking for Magnetic Sunshade cos the AD solar film given does not reject the heat much. Apollo tyres works for me now. I don't really hit so much on accelerator maybe i will change after 1 year - or wait for any Shopee/Lazada sale. Previously i bought $400 for Yokohama AE51 during a Lazada sale. (good but traction/grip is so good until my FC drop). Probably go try other brand next time. 

I called up C&C, they can install their aftermarket Blind Spot Monitoring ($600+). Electric Auto Tailgate, is low on stock - have not tested on SONET yet so not advisable. Wait for my 1k servicing then i install both together. 

Currently i installed those "Door Lock Screw Cover", "Door Hinge Cover" made from ABS black plastic to prevent rust. Previously i installed on my Jazz and during I trade in, the hinges are still in good condition. 

@BabyBlade@BabyBlade thanks for the info! So far the Apollo tyres work fine for day to day driving. 

Didn't know that CnC can install these on the Sonet since there are no Sonet accessories in their app. I am sending the car in for 1k servicing next week, will ask them. Particularly interested in the electric tailgate. 

On 2/11/2022 at 1:46 PM, Algergohce said:

@virtually 

@BabyBlade@BabyBlade thanks for the info! So far the Apollo tyres work fine for day to day driving. 

Didn't know that CnC can install these on the Sonet since there are no Sonet accessories in their app. I am sending the car in for 1k servicing next week, will ask them. Particularly interested in the electric tailgate. 

@Algergohce  i just did my 1k today at C&C Alex. i installed the blindspot monitoring. After using, i feel its a little too noisy. It doesn't come with a switch to off it. I think is not worth it. I also asked for the electric tailgate, they say no stock for this model yet.  Its my first time using C&C, i think they added some $5 wiper additive and $25 engine power. I feel is unnecessary cos i don't feel any change in engine power. I didn't know they charge for toping up wiper water. Cos Kah Motor usually include this during servicing. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, virtually said:

@Algergohce  i just did my 1k today at C&C Alex. i installed the blindspot monitoring. After using, i feel its a little too noisy. It doesn't come with a switch to off it. I think is not worth it. I also asked for the electric tailgate, they say no stock for this model yet.  Its my first time using C&C, i think they added some $5 wiper additive and $25 engine power. I feel is unnecessary cos i don't feel any change in engine power. I didn't know they charge for toping up wiper water. Cos Kah Motor usually include this during servicing. 

Hey, thanks for the detailed info. Seems the BSM really doesn't help but create a minor nuisance then? I am going for the 1k svc on Friday. Will check on the electric tailgate as well. 

As for the additives, from my few years of svc experience with CnC, they will usually ask first before adding these extra. Did they ask you? If not, then should feedback to them. Such a new car usually would not need additives yet, especially for the engine. 

On 2/14/2022 at 8:54 PM, virtually said:

Omg, first time hear topping up wiper water also needs to pay? Is the water they used is some special water? 😅

@13177 is some wiper additive. I managed to get them to waive off (both items: wiper additive and engine power) after hearing advice above from @Algergohce. and reason with them appropriately. Actually when I sign that doc: the wiper additive, engine power is not added. That box area is empty. Its only written blindspot and puri-clean. What i did wrong is I should take a photo when I signed the doc. Anyway alot of time is based on trust. If I wait for him to fill in all the blanks, I couldn't leave on time also - so i just sign. Need to rush back to work. 

Not every time so lucky to get waive off la. Thanks. 

↡ Advertisement