2020 Kia Sonet

Carbon82

Message added by BabyBlade

@virtually Good that you managed to waive off. I checked my servicing for both my Cerato and my wife's Sonet. No additions. I note, however, that the Sonet uses 0W20 oil whereas the cerato uses 5W30. This resulted in the servicing cost (covered using the service credits) being more expensive than the Cerato. In my opinion, it's also good to subscribe to the servicing package using the service credits, since the credits can't be used on many other things anyway. 

↡ Advertisement

On 2/21/2022 at 11:40 PM, virtually said:

@13177 is some wiper additive. I managed to get them to waive off (both items: wiper additive and engine power) after hearing advice above from @Algergohce. and reason with them appropriately. Actually when I sign that doc: the wiper additive, engine power is not added. That box area is empty. Its only written blindspot and puri-clean. What i did wrong is I should take a photo when I signed the doc. Anyway alot of time is based on trust. If I wait for him to fill in all the blanks, I couldn't leave on time also - so i just sign. Need to rush back to work. 

Not every time so lucky to get waive off la. Thanks. 

Wiper additive? What's that? Lol. I only know those blue colour solution which can pour into the wiper water tank, and can get it from store quite cheap.

Neutral Newbie

Recently I just installed the KIA Connect Lite. There are 2 features not available for SONET; Remote Hazard Light and Horn. The only feature I would use frequently is "Remote Lock Car". Several times I forgot to lock my car, lucky Sg quite safe. 

You can install KCL directly by calling them.  

On 2/24/2022 at 2:02 PM, Algergohce said:

@virtually Good that you managed to waive off. I checked my servicing for both my Cerato and my wife's Sonet. No additions. I note, however, that the Sonet uses 0W20 oil whereas the cerato uses 5W30. This resulted in the servicing cost (covered using the service credits) being more expensive than the Cerato. In my opinion, it's also good to subscribe to the servicing package using the service credits, since the credits can't be used on many other things anyway. 

@virtually hi, yes I am aware. In fact my Sonet was the first batch to be installed with the KCL on the first day. While it is useful, I think it really depends on the situation. We have not been using it often  since the car is usually parked in shelter and do not need to have an advanced start to cool down the interior. I am asking CnC to update me once the KCL is available for the Cerato as it would be more useful for my Cerato which is more frequently in the sun. 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:19 PM, Algergohce said:

@virtually hi, yes I am aware. In fact my Sonet was the first batch to be installed with the KCL on the first day. While it is useful, I think it really depends on the situation. We have not been using it often  since the car is usually parked in shelter and do not need to have an advanced start to cool down the interior. I am asking CnC to update me once the KCL is available for the Cerato as it would be more useful for my Cerato which is more frequently in the sun. 

may I know how did they do the install? is it a module added to the car? or just plug and play?

@benoit16 They needed to install a module (hidden) with a sim card to activate the system. Thereafter, it's transparent to the owner. Just use the app to activate the extra functions. 

10 minutes ago, benoit16 said:

may I know how did they do the install? is it a module added to the car? or just plug and play?

17 minutes ago, Algergohce said:

@benoit16 They needed to install a module (hidden) with a sim card to activate the system. Thereafter, it's transparent to the owner. Just use the app to activate the extra functions. 

@Algergohce was it like an OBD module? or something else hidden further? haha I am hoping it won't take up the OBD port 

i noticed the bumper grill area has trapped dried leaves and branches. It's making the condenser's fins out of shape. I went to the Service Centre, they say cannot do anything about it except helping you to clean it. I noticed SG's variant bumper grill is different from India's. India's has mesh at the bumper whereas SG is strip design.

1) Do Sonet owner encounter the same problem? 

2) Does anyone know how to buy bumpers from India? apparently i can't find. 

↡ Advertisement