Sgp enters worst recession in 55 yrs

RadX

Recession? Where got? See outside many people still spend like no tomorrow and property and coe still high?! Lol.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 12

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Recession? Where got? See outside many people still spend like no tomorrow and property and coe still high?! Lol.

Good lah! importantly those can afford to spend DO CONTINUE to spend.. if not the economy really tanked..

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 6

13 minutes ago, 13177 said:

it show how big our gap between top and btm is.

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Beregond said:

it show how big our gap between top and btm is.

Gap is always there.. just that this pandemic is different in a way that not all companies/industries are affected in the same way.. some grew stronger.. look at Apple.. look at Top Glove/UG Healthcare etc..these companies employees you would be doing better.. even for freight mover they are doing better than before.. so with this promising salary/bonus they will be in a much better position to spend.. and PLEASE DO SPEND.. 

If they don spend the gap be even wider..

• Praise 14

49 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Gap is always there.. just that this pandemic is different in a way that not all companies/industries are affected in the same way.. some grew stronger.. look at Apple.. look at Top Glove/UG Healthcare etc..these companies employees you would be doing better.. even for freight mover they are doing better than before.. so with this promising salary/bonus they will be in a much better position to spend.. and PLEASE DO SPEND.. 

ya i know, the gap is alway there. just that this cov 19 make the gap more prominent for all to see.

i remember some years back, there is a thread on average wages of singaporean. the figure given is about 5-6k.

i was really stun, how many ppl is earning below average their whole life

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

ya i know, the gap is alway there. just that this cov 19 make the gap more prominent for all to see.

i remember some years back, there is a thread on average wages of singaporean. the figure given is about 5-6k.

Recession time all those with $$$ will come out to buy. 

BUT also not everyone has been hit yet becos of Gahmen support and JSS. The next few months will see the real inpact, even I also worried.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Beregond said:

If the thread on average wages of sporean is 5-6k some years back, then i assume the average wages now should be higher than 5-6k liao?

Anyway, i really curious to know how many sporean is earning 5-6k wages and what is the average age of this group of people?

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

Even F&B has been affected unevenly. Those F&B outlets based in CBD or Business parks are badly hit. While those F&B based in suburban shopping centers / neighborhood centers are doing a roaring trade with business from WFH folks.

Car sales holding steady. AD asking those who bought during CB promotions to top up COE.

Private property market moving aggressively. Even HDB resale is booming. Those BTO that just MOP-ed, $800k+ for circuit road 4-roomer. $700k+ for Sengkang 5-roomer.

An acquaintance doing freight forwarding is doing so well that her company is hiring aggressively. 

Different mileage for different folk.

But no matter what, we've got to get through this together as a country or else someone else is going to steal our lunch!

• Praise 10

Twincharged

Today have to announce part one of cost cutting measure for my coy...  Clear annual leave.

Coz the coy previously would buy unconsumed leave from the staff... But this year Coy cannot buy liow... 😩

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If the thread on average wages of sporean is 5-6k some years back, then i assume the average wages now should be higher than 5-6k liao?

Anyway, i really curious to know how many sporean is earning 5-6k wages and what is the average age of this group of people?

The key word is average not medium. .

There will sure have many super high earners like earn 100k per month, 200k per month, 300k per month and more.. Even though these percentage is low, but because the number is so high, even with small %, it could push up average Singaporeans salary figure to be higher then medium Singaporeans salary. So the one we should look at is at the halfway point which is medium salary.. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 4

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Those who buy now will regret greatly 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

38 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Quite common. There are many single bread winners on $2k to $3k, supporting a family of 4 or 5.

3-rm HDB. Small motorbike or public transport. Hand me downs for furniture / clothing.

Require budgeting and having a clearly defined margin between needs and wants. 

In my line of work, I have met many. Most are doing ok but some do fall through the cracks and we have to get them the assistance they need. 

Edited by noobcarbuyer
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6
  • Sad 2