Sgp enters worst recession in 55 yrs

RadX

Turbocharged

Maybe the majority of the shoppers are teachers, civil serpents or SAF regulars who no scared? I know I have tightened definitely..cos my management just released test balloon news there will be "major company re-org" in September...which in laymen terms...mean....headcount reduction coming...

Those of you in the public or civil sectors such as stat boards, ministries or grassroots..good for you folks...those of us who aren't...good luck...

I taking Grab licence soon..seems that the inevitable Thanos is coming my way...in my early forties..die cock standing soon

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 7
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Funny how these media people always manage to get hold and interview the 'right' people....

Just like during the MRT breakdown crisis back in 2017, they were able to find commuters who still said they were very satisfied with SMRT...now in 2020 they can actually locate and managed to interview people in the workforce who are no scared in loosing their pants/jobs.....I must say very competent media and journalists we have here...

However...such articles..if read in the wrong manner and interpreted wrongly.... can only paint a fake picture and give a false sense of impression that everything is still going straight when in actual fact...things are already very dire and have already gone haywire...

I hope these type of articles can paint a more realistic and responsible account of things...

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Maybe the majority of the shoppers are teachers, civil serpents or SAF regulars who no scared? I know I have tightened definitely..cos my management just released test balloon news there will be "major company re-org" in September...which in laymen terms...mean....headcount reduction coming...

Those of you in the public or civil sectors such as stat boards, ministries or grassroots..good for you folks...those of us who aren't...good luck...

I taking Grab licence soon..seems that the inevitable Thanos is coming my way...in my early forties..die cock standing soon

i think we same company ...😂 

Retrenchment coming in Sept .... 

I agreed w you i think those spending are likely CS . Pte companies many cutting salary,  chopping head . Many saving for rainy storms. Im thinking how many FTs are in CS jobs. 🤐 anyone know? 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Angcheek said:

i think we same company ...😂 

Retrenchment coming in Sept .... 

I agreed w you i think those spending are likely CS . Pte companies many cutting salary,  chopping head . Many saving for rainy storms. Im thinking how many FTs are in CS jobs. 🤐 anyone know? 

Therefore CS cannot have very high salary.  Thats how it must work.

high risk high return, low risk low return, no other way.

how can low risk yet high return leh?  Correct? 😆

sorry to all the CS out there, its the honest sincere truth

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Funny how these media people always manage to get hold and interview the 'right' people....

Just like during the MRT breakdown crisis back in 2017, they were able to find commuters who still said they were very satisfied with SMRT...now in 2020 they can actually locate and managed to interview people in the workforce who are no scared in loosing their pants/jobs.....I must say very competent media and journalists we have here...

However...such articles..if read in the wrong manner and interpreted wrongly.... can only paint a fake picture and give a false sense of impression that everything is still going straight when in actual fact...things are already very dire and have already gone haywire...

I hope these type of articles can paint a more realistic and responsible account of things...

images.jpeg.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

I heard some driving Lambogini .. 😄  over the years , their salaries also shoot up . Maybe higher then pte 🤐🍻🍻🍻

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Angcheek said:

I heard some driving Lambogini .. 😄  over the years , their salaries also shoot up . Maybe higher then pte 🤐🍻🍻🍻

If its a result of their salaries, then something must be wrong lor.

• Praise 2

57 minutes ago, Ender said:

Singaporean taking spending to keep the economy floating too far at their own expense.🤣

but if we look at the other way round, if all sg is like me, very niao, keep all money in bank, min spending,. car also renew coe.

then i think our economy also jialat😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, Beregond said:

but if we look at the other way round, if all sg is like me, very niao, keep all money in bank, min spending,. car also renew coe.

then i think our economy also jialat😅

Wow, how much money you got in bank huh?  Share leh

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

There is an article in Business Times today.

The hypothesis is due to WFH, the office rumor mill has broke down and the lack of face to face interaction with bosses mean many are not seeing the dark clouds gathering on the horizon. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

58 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

You never heard of Head I win, Tail you lose meh?

Poor CS sacrificing their potential to be billionaires to serve us you know... according the them.

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

You never heard of Head I win, Tail you lose meh?

Poor CS sacrificing their potential to be billionaires to serve us you know... according the them.

Maybe when i truly retire at 55, i can be CS? Possible? 
muayhahaha.  Cannot lah, everyday wear a different gold rolex and smoke cigars . I think cannot lah.  Muayhaha. 
self pawn... wahahah

Edited by Throttle2

recession must come out buy lambo and lolex to support the economy la

Dr Chua said that lockdowns worldwide have in fact raised the saving rates of higher-income households since they have not been able to spend on discretionary goods like travel or recreation.

“There is a lot of liquidity in the system and some has shown in pent-up demand for certain goods such as property purchases,” he said.

today a insurance agent talked to me ... say buy annuity plan . The best plan is take loan from bank to pump up the principal . Take advantage of low loan interest and put in endowment... 

🙄🙄🙄 make sense meh ?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

Are you talking about the today article? Isn't it quite balanced? 

It is a fact that malls are still very crowded and you even have to queue up to enter (due to covid restrictions). Many eating places in heartland malls are packed.

The news article is saying that there's a disconnect between the economic numbers we are seeing and the actual feel at the malls + property price + COE.

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Maybe when i truly retire at 55, i can be CS? Possible? 
muayhahaha.  Cannot lah, everyday wear a different gold rolex and smoke cigars . I think cannot lah.  Muayhaha. 
self pawn... wahahah

Mai lah - that's what I am aiming for as the last career move at 65 till 70. Like senior project officer.  Don't compete with me OK? 

↡ Advertisement