Pandafly--drones for food deliveries?

BabyBlade

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I just put it this way. All the super impressive guided missile attacks to within few meters are never achieved with just pure sensor technology. 
It's all done with laser targeting on ground by Special Forces. And an explosive warhead has a kill radius of say 25m. So it doesn't even need to be that accurate. 

Ok from fixed point to fixed point It's feasible. So for example, Grab has a central kitchen hub in say Tuas (cheap and ulu). It uses drones to deliver food to a central pickup point near CBD say marina, where riders can deliver the food to all parts of CBD. Fixed point yes, i can see drones working cos of the technology u are saying.

If u are talking about delivering to home where even landed houses only sometimes have a porch frontage that is only slightly wider than 1 room width. Unless guided by local telemetry, not possible.

So say mail delivery to say one hub like Biopolis can be done. 

All the landed property owner needs to do is have a clearing for the size of the drone, provide gps position and install a IR sensor from the service provider. 

↡ Advertisement

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I dunno what's the point of this here. It's idiotic when the number of landed homes here are so little.
In USA where in suburbs everyone has a substantial front lawn or driveway it's fine.

Even for landed here. the terrace houses have a frontage of somewhere around 5-7m. So this thing has an accuracy up to how many meters? That means just off by a bit, it will be dropping your food in your neighbour's porch.

EDIT: HUH, it delivers it to a hub, then rider does last mile delivery? Lol...

Soon every landed roof will have a miniature landing pad:

Screenshot_20200814_094946.thumb.jpg.c4284d220dba2bb01e6ce5aa48b853c0.jpg

• Haha! 2

13 hours ago, Flying_genie said:

It is very dangerous.

If there are too many flying overhead, they collide, it falls and hurt someone. Mechanical equipment can fail at any time. They fall while airborne, it may hurt someone. It may even be fatal. The authorities need a fatality before putting the brakes on this? 

Probably no action will be taken until somebody important, famous, connected is hurt. Please don't let this be a delayed response like PMDs. 

It will be safer than the current delivery bike riders.... 😅

• Haha! 1

Just now, Adrianli said:

All the landed property owner needs to do is have a clearing for the size of the drone, provide gps position and install a IR sensor from the service provider. 

Lol. the entry level terrace hard lah. maybe corner terrace/semi-D can lor. 
Pple who stay in landed keep lot of gar chang one lol [laugh]

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

landed owners don't ever touch their roofs one lah after reno/A&A.
And most older landed don't have rooftop terrace.

Commercial buildings rooftops all have water tanks etc etc anyway and definitely in SG, no helipad lol

Edited by Lala81

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Lol. the entry level terrace hard lah. maybe corner terrace/semi-D can lor. 
Pple who stay in landed keep lot of gar chang one lol [laugh]

Very true!!!

• Haha! 1

Nowadays landed are getting higher. I built 3 storey high, my neighbour will built 3.5 . Ceiling height is more than 6 meters nowadays .

https://www.commercialdroneprofessional.com/video-kfc-makes-food-delivery-using-drone-in-china/

We are already being times.  China already started this.

A friend of mine was in Shanghai and witnessed it first hand when her Chinese friend ordered food delivery to their apartment. 

The drone literally fly up to the apartment level (they are living in apartment just like ours) and stopped at the window. The friend just open the window and collect the food. 

The drone can even speak and communicate with the friend 

What's the big deal?   It's nothing new anymore.

The amazing thing is the drone can identify the unit number and floor level of the apartment.  I suspect they install an identification sensor on every unit window for the drone to go to the correct unit. 

The only gripe I have is invasion of privacy. That means any one with the capability can spy on anyone. 

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Jusnel said:

https://www.commercialdroneprofessional.com/video-kfc-makes-food-delivery-using-drone-in-china/

We are already being times.  China already started this.

A friend of mine was in Shanghai and witnessed it first hand when her Chinese friend ordered food delivery to their apartment. 

The drone literally fly up to the apartment level (they are living in apartment just like ours) and stopped at the window. The friend just open the window and collect the food. 

The drone can even speak and communicate with the friend 

What's the big deal?   It's nothing new anymore.

The amazing thing is the drone can identify the unit number and floor level of the apartment.  I suspect they install an identification sensor on every unit window for the drone to go to the correct unit. 

The only gripe I have is invasion of privacy. That means any one with the capability can spy on anyone. 

yeah, the drone may come back again late at night, even when they didn't order food.

then you'll be wandering what it's doing there ? [laugh]

Supercharged
On 8/14/2020 at 9:50 AM, Volvobrick said:

Screenshot_20200814_094946.thumb.jpg.c4284d220dba2bb01e6ce5aa48b853c0.jpg

Question: Helipads are marked "H" for helicopters to land and take off from. If the platform is just meant for drones, shouldn't it be marked as "D" instead?

I saw one in a recent local article. It's not meant for helicopter use, but still marked as "H"  [laugh]

ST_20210313_KNDRONEQYNW_6394596.jpg?itok 

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/tech-news/air-traffic-control-tower-for-drones-in-the-making

↡ Advertisement