Singapore startup launches first-of-its-kind machine to brew kopitiam-style coffee

kobayashiGT

saying job will be lost.

but frankly how many local want to take up the job of a kopi taochui.

my work place de kopi is make by china lady or malaysian. they work shit from 4-5 till noon, then another shift will late night. 24/7 even on public holiday cny kopitiam is open. 

i dun want to go into how much is their pay....

• Praise 1

a lot of the kopitiam dun make good kopi and teh nowadays, partly they mostly use foreigners, even for Yakun and Toastbox also use foreigners.

with these machines probably need technician to do maintenance daily hence will still need manpower, whether local or foreigner it is still a cost saving for the owners that have problem hiring taochui.

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

a lot of the kopitiam dun make good kopi and teh nowadays, partly they mostly use foreigners, even for Yakun and Toastbox also use foreigners.

with these machines probably need technician to do maintenance daily hence will still need manpower, whether local or foreigner it is still a cost saving for the owners that have problem hiring taochui.

They also no longer use Carnation evaporated milk. They use cheapo F and N creamer etc. Less healthy. And not nice. I drink kopi at home more. Better ingredients QC. 

Some shops use expired condensed and evaporated milk. Happen to see one shop with cartons marked with expired dates. LOL.

Nowadays, I drink mostly Americano Kosong from 7-11. Shiok shiok Arabica beans freshly grained and brewed. Only disappointed with the temperature. Price slightly more ex than KPT only. With 8 cups free 1 cup, about same same FC price. Sometimes, whole week FOC.😀

Edited by Kangadrool

Twincharged
23 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Not very clean using rubber hoses. If you look at the standard of ang moh kopi machines the parts and pipes are stainless steel and the ppl who use it clean it frequently.

This machine is at its infancy. The hygiene standard needs improvement. Milk especially will turn bad rather quickly when exposed to temperature and air.

No ley, those home use automatic espresso machines all use nylon hoses and plastic internal parts. The only metal is the grinder Teeth  and boiler. 

Twincharged
18 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

They also no longer use Carnation evaporated milk. They use cheapo F and N creamer etc. Less healthy. And not nice. I drink kopi at home more. Better ingredients QC. 

Yeah even the condensed milk might not be milk. Just a sweetener made with corn syrup and not sugar. Cheap cheap. 

• Praise 3

On 8/14/2020 at 12:37 PM, Mustank said:

Next time can make robot

can rent or buy home :grin:

image.thumb.png.b0b85f44fb8f684f4a25ed26a5b6a2d1.png

Like this?

White man only think white, I see a big demand for Asian style values.

:grin:

I will make one that look like the one below

image.png.a08f97039d7720fe5b9a774987ece132.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

20 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

For evaporated milk, should be King of kings brand lei..

• Praise 3

On 8/14/2020 at 4:58 PM, Beregond said:

saying job will be lost.

but frankly how many local want to take up the job of a kopi taochui.

my work place de kopi is make by china lady or malaysian. they work shit from 4-5 till noon, then another shift will late night. 24/7 even on public holiday cny kopitiam is open. 

i dun want to go into how much is their pay....

Got lah... Kopifellas quite good... The stall in Beauty World were manned by XDD and XMM, very dedicated to making coffee and tea from the way I see and coffee is good. Today, just tried the tea, also good. They make effort to make small fresh batch every now and then. Should support them going forward. Only costs slightly more, about 20 cents more than those by old ah pek and ah soh. LOL...

• Praise 3

On 8/14/2020 at 7:40 PM, Kangadrool said:

Some shops use expired condensed and evaporated milk. Happen to see one shop with cartons marked with expired dates. LOL.

Nowadays, I drink mostly Americano Kosong from 7-11. Shiok shiok Arabica beans freshly grained and brewed. Only disappointed with the temperature. Price slightly more ex than KPT only. With 8 cups free 1 cup, about same same FC price. Sometimes, whole week FOC.😀

You never report to SFA about the expired milk??

↡ Advertisement