Singapore Passport Renewal 2020

Ysc3

Twincharged

just received a renewal notice from ICA for my son's passport.

question :  is there any difference if i renew now (before expiry), or apply new when this pandemic is over ?

i don't think we will be seeing the light at then end of the tunnel so soon also.

↡ Advertisement

54 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

question :  is there any difference if i renew now (before expiry), or apply new when this pandemic is over ?

i don't think we will be seeing the light at then end of the tunnel so soon also.

Yes you are right.

I propose ica to extend our passport by 10 months.  March till December🤭 it don't cost a single cent to ica.🤭

• Praise 1

On 8/12/2020 at 9:36 PM, Ysc3 said:

Never let my passport expired before, so, can't advise you.  Now they allow one to carry forward remaining months to new passport.  Despite no travelling now during covid pandemic, I've decided to renew mine as I forsee panicking & desperate crowd later when travelling picks up. 

I've collected my renewed passport a few days ago.  Dropped my completed form in the box that's infront of a pillar at dropoff/pick up area. 

Notiication to collect arrrived on 10th day. I selected a weekday and mid afternoon time slot.  Waited 15 mins.  

Fyi,  the open air carpark is boarded up.  Parked across Rochor Canal in open air hdb lots. Rather limited parking lots. Allocate at least 1/2 hr to park n walk across pedestrian bridge to ICA. Still need to get a.Q no.

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 8

55 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

Never let my passport expired before, so, can't advise you.  Now they allow one to carry forward remaining months to new passport.  Despite no travelling now during covid pandemic, I've decided to renew mine as I forsee panicking & desperate crowd later when travelling picks up. 

I've collected my renewed passport a few days ago.  Dropped my completed form in the box that's infront of a pillar at dropoff/pick up area. 

Notiication to collect arrrived on 10th day. I selected a weekday and mid afternoon time slot.  Waited 15 mins.  

Fyi,  the open air carpark is boarded up.  Parked across Rochor Canal in open air hdb lots. Rather limited parking lots. Allocate at least 1/2 hr to park n walk across pedestrian bridge to ICA. Still need to get a.Q no.

Best to take MRT if go to ICA now since parking in that area is so limited. Lol.

• Praise 1

Depending on how old is your son lo. If he's above 11 then the new passport is only good for 6months? It's the NS thing, so dont ask me why. I also dunno who set this rule.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Best to take MRT if go to ICA now since parking in that area is so limited. Lol.

Are those China ladies still selling the passport cover near mrt entrance? 

4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Depending on how old is your son lo. If he's above 11 then the new passport is only good for 6months? It's the NS thing, so dont ask me why. I also dunno who set this rule.

His son going to primary 1 next year?😄

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

No issues even if you renew your passport early . 

Say if yours is valid until June 2021 , your new passport will have expiry June 2026 , they go by your expiry , not date that you renew . 

8 minutes ago, Kopites said:

His son going to primary 1 next year?😄

Then better renew now to enjoy the 5-year passport. It will take him a while before he get to see one again.

Edited by Watwheels

Just renew... You never know if we need to evacuate from this island...LOL

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Should rephrase the question.

Our car depreciate by the day even itnsit in the car park.

Likewise our passport sitting inside the drawer. "Depreciate" by the day. 

Should renew or apply new. 

🤭

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Current situation do not allowed them to be idling around the red light crossing area, thy may be hanging around the car park, MRT vicinity

those who renew their passport early this year and yet to use it, will the passport left totally "unstamped" when it expires in 2025? [sweatdrop]

will be a good one to keep and give it to the museum one day [laugh]

• Haha! 2

I was thinking hard on the headline " Most Powerful passport . . . " yet kenna lockdown by Pandemic C-19, no one flies away, no one flies in . . . Yet RED DOT p/p became an overnight sensation . If G authorities can waive ERP gantry and made adjustment necessary, thy can make make an informed decision on passport expiry date by extension.

As i typed, i do feel a sense of nostalgic when I cruised down ECP/ MCE / AYE

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

I never go there now, so dont know if still can find them there cause i only go ICA every 5 years?! [laugh]

Did a renewal last month with group collection of passport for myself, son and father. I did the renewal application online as it is more convenience and you will be able to receive a email acknowledgement and also book your appointment online for collection. Again for convenience, please install singpass app in your phone as singpass app can retrieve your ICA appt schedule and you can show this as proof at the ICA lobby officer that you have an appointment to collect your passport. Otherwise you need to print out a copy of the appointment slip.

For those who are driving, it is better to park at the multi-storey hdb car park at Lavender Gardens, its has lift and covered walkway to the mrt for you to walk through the mrt underpass to ICA. Otherwise you can park at open car park lots along Horne road areas. I parked at the hdb car park in case got heavy rain. Collection was very fast, once I scanned my ID in the ticketing machine, and walk to the waiting area for collection, my queue number was already flashing in the display panel.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5