Singapore Passport Renewal 2020

Ysc3

52 minutes ago, RadX said:

Yah u n ur “special” story.. at least they still expedited

I should have brought you along for the collection. Maybe they expedite faster. Haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

I resubmitted my edited photo for my wife and was approved. But she didn't receive any notification email. She had to check herself after no email for 1.5 weeks. Going to collect it later this month. 

Edited by Lala81

Perhaps they have engaged some temps to assist in the process. 

that said, all shd be seamless with it being digitized and all

5 hours ago, Arogab said:

But peak also cannot screw up like this. I got confirmation that it is ready to collect then waited 3.5 hours say not ready

To be fair the daily number of application at the peak increase by almost 7X of pre-Covid when the travel just start opening up. No way ICA can handle.

And all passport image/photo and personal information page are all laser print. It will also has a limit that it can handle. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, RadX said:

Perhaps they have engaged some temps to assist in the process. 

that said, all shd be seamless with it being digitized and all

Manpower can get temp staff to handle but the physical passport printing are done by laser, this has a limit as ICA has fix number of machine there. This is not your original laser printer. This will cost millions for multiple system.

• Praise 2

46 minutes ago, Tohto said:

To be fair the daily number of application at the peak increase by almost 7X of pre-Covid when the travel just start opening up. No way ICA can handle.

And all passport image/photo and personal information page are all laser print. It will also has a limit that it can handle. 

I don't target the numbers they can handle. They have given notice for 4 to 6 weeks mah. Yet when they have 7 weeks, and they confirm by the date I can collect. They still say screwed up. For this, I am amazed. 

What I meant is that I ask you, you checked. And you confirm approved. Then I was asked to collect because you confirm it is approved and you check again and arrange collection. Yet you let me wait there for 3.5 hours and then tell me only when I ask due to, I got a lunch appointment with my father.

Anyway, I move on. I am damn sure I kena my boss scream at me even if they change and change untill I blur, they will say I never check one. So, I told the lady, I cannot scold her only cos I am asking for service and the service screwed up or I will end up being punished. I just swallow it. It is not the capacity problem

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1