Hyundai Electric Cars, made in Singapore with love.

StreetFight3r

19 hours ago, Daniu82 said:

If made in SG then no import tax plus SG got enough charging stations then confirm can buy. 

That's good, hopefully no hidden markups.

↡ Advertisement

Hopefully the factory contributes a much needed push to our economy and workforce and spawning other allied industries 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Hopefully the factory contributes a much needed push to our economy and workforce and spawning other allied industries 

Any business that dealing with Korea company is not easy. A lot more tough than Japanese company.

After working with Korean customer, I love Japanese customer.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Any business that dealing with Korea company is not easy. A lot more tough than Japanese company.

When u r a vendor and go into a Korean company meeting be prepare to take bullets.. they will have a BIG team in front of you..

speaking from my experience dealing with Samsung back then in their factory in Thailand.

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

When u r a vendor and go into a Korean company meeting be prepare to take bullets.. they will have a BIG team in front of you..

speaking from my experience dealing with Samsung back then in their factory in Thailand.

I visited Samsung Korea. They treat vendor like shit.

LG is slightly better.

• Praise 5

7 minutes ago, Tohto said:

LG is slightly better.

If not how to keep their product price competitive.. squeeze and squeeze vendors.. once production line down CHUM.. dunno how to explain 🤣

• Praise 5

22 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-indonesia-hyundai/hyundai-to-open-car-plant-in-indonesia-to-build-evs-minister-idUSKCN1OJ175

Reuters reported in 2018 Hyundai supposed to setup EV manufacturing in Indonesia. 

Was wondering why set up in Singapore and not Indonesia? 

Auto manufacturing plants are capital intensive, so labor is probably less important but i don't remember we have much manufacturing capability for steel and batteries. Maybe EV manufacturing is even more automated.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

My lawyer friend will roll his eyes whenever he has to deal with a Korean party across the table.   It means very difficult negotiation ahead.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Tohto said:

LG is slightly better.

Gumi “prison”? 😂

Edited by Mkl22

It all depends on the product, yes I agree to a certain extent ..... anyways we have no choice .... it’s a dog eat dog world out there today and no loyalty , the Japs are outpaced by the Koreans and the Koreans are outpaced by the Chinese ....... no choice ..... anyone with moola wins 

• Praise 3

19 hours ago, Fitvip said:

By then they should open to public those charging points at MSCP currently used by BlueSG cars.

The BlueSG charging points at the MSCP which I use are placed directly facing the ramp.  Many times, their drivers don't park all the way in making it hard for others to turn into the ramp.  Have nicked my rear right wheel twice because of this.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, JanM said:

The BlueSG charging points at the MSCP which I use are placed directly facing the ramp.  Many times, their drivers don't park all the way in making it hard for others to turn into the ramp.  Have nicked my rear right wheel twice because of this.

How outside did the blueSG driver park? 🤣

that car so small and they cannot park?

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, JanM said:

Your car's wheel base must be quite long?!

6 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Your car's wheel base must be quite long?!

not really.  The HDB carpark is quite tight and my judgement is not the best either.  Especially when I am trying to use some momentum to go up the ramp instead of starting at the bottom from a near dead stop.  The charging point lots have an extra kerb installed about a quarter way from the end to prevent any driver from reversing into the charging post itself.  So their users are supposed to reverse all the way until their rear wheel touches the kerb.  However some of them are super cautious and stop when the rear bumper is near this kerb.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1