Hyundai Electric Cars, made in Singapore with love.

StreetFight3r

17 hours ago, BanCoe said:

It all depends on the product, yes I agree to a certain extent ..... anyways we have no choice .... it’s a dog eat dog world out there today and no loyalty , the Japs are outpaced by the Koreans and the Koreans are outpaced by the Chinese ....... no choice ..... anyone with moola wins 

Well yes of course if its a eat dog world then the Korean and Chinese will win.

Japanese don't eat dog.

:grin:

They only eat raw fish. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

On 8/14/2020 at 9:41 PM, Mockngbrd said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/hyundai-to-produce-electric-cars-in-singapore

SINGAPORE - The vacuum left by Dyson 😂has been filled. Hyundai Motor will make electric vehicles (EVs) at a plant in Jurong slated to be up and running by 2022.

item_39056_1280px_74c6f2f304c0495d8eec85

The South Korean carmaker's choice to pick Singapore as a manufacturing location is an unprecedented one. 

Hyundai-45-concept-Frankfurt-main.jpg

* no import tax? *

Wait long long.. Maybe import tax get replaced by some other tax.. 

Edited by Yewheng

On 8/16/2020 at 10:47 PM, JanM said:

not really.  The HDB carpark is quite tight and my judgement is not the best either.  Especially when I am trying to use some momentum to go up the ramp instead of starting at the bottom from a near dead stop.  The charging point lots have an extra kerb installed about a quarter way from the end to prevent any driver from reversing into the charging post itself.  So their users are supposed to reverse all the way until their rear wheel touches the kerb.  However some of them are super cautious and stop when the rear bumper is near this kerb.

Huh? Which multi story carpark? All multi story carpark the width is more then enough to squeeze 2 car side by side leh. So even if this blue sg car put slightly out of lot, there is still more then enough space to turn leh. 

Maybe there is more then enough space in front but you scared hit so leave too much space in front. 

Edited by Yewheng

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Huh? Which multi story carpark? All multi story carpark the width is more then enough to squeeze 2 car side by side leh. So even if this blue sg car put slightly out of lot, there is still more then enough space to turn leh. 

Maybe there is more then enough space in front but you scared hit so leave too much space in front. 

when you turn, the rear wheel turns in a smaller circle than the front.  So when turning into the ramp which has kerbs on its side, the rear right wheel can hit the kerb even though the front right wheel has cleared.  Of course one can make a less sharp turn but then risk hitting the parapet wall with the front left of the bumper.  So before the turn, I try to stay to the left of the aisle as much.  This allows for a more gentle turn without increasing the risk of hitting the parapet on the front left.  However the occasional BlueSg car parked sticking out of the charging lots prevented me from doing so. 

The HDB carpark which I uses is one of those built in late 80s when the mantra was to save land.  The aisle appear to be narrower than those built recently. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, JanM said:

when you turn, the rear wheel turns in a smaller circle than the front.  So when turning into the ramp which has kerbs on its side, the rear right wheel can hit the kerb even though the front right wheel has cleared.  Of course one can make a less sharp turn but then risk hitting the parapet wall with the front left of the bumper.  So before the turn, I try to stay to the left of the aisle as much.  This allows for a more gentle turn without increasing the risk of hitting the parapet on the front left.  However the occasional BlueSg car parked sticking out of the charging lots prevented me from doing so. 

The HDB carpark which I uses is one of those built in late 80s when the mantra was to save land.  The aisle appear to be narrower than those built recently. 

Good description [thumbsup] I can actually visualize your driving in the MSCP. 

On 8/19/2020 at 5:42 PM, Colin03 said:

Even as a customer visiting korea plant, still need to drink till semi-drunk before the supplier call it a day 

Yah lah.

Different countries have different culture.

I always try to participate and understand their culture.

Sometimes so hard to earn a living

image.thumb.png.9df4b3a80cfb4d5eb9fd6c05f415d4d1.png

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, JanM said:

Yup that's why

PHV turn always hit the kerb one.

Then they over compensate

and turn eating into other people's lane

so they don't hit the kerb

but hit other people.

97% of PHV just cannot drive. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Wait long long.. Maybe import tax get replaced by some other tax.. 

Wah you think like a ministar. [thumbsup]

• Haha! 3

If people buy a car made in Singapore the tax must be higher.

By buying that car we have one less export product and that

will deprive us of very important foreign revenue.

We should call this tax Foreign Currency Use Keeping Tax

or FCUK Tax.

image.thumb.png.910a2125210a40041b5aa5665c8586ea.png

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

With many automation, got 100 not bad ald

Maciam aviation...space:gdp shiok... space:job tak shiok 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 1