Hyundai Electric Cars, made in Singapore with love.

StreetFight3r

3 hours ago, mikk123 said:

why? workers get staff price? 50% discount. 

Because I’m interested in cars and I need a job? Haha...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Because I’m interested in cars and I need a job? Haha...

Ya like if very happen to be self-employed can OTOT then want to get discount can just work for a while to get at staff discount price...

Was tempted to join decathlon to buy a couple of bikes but the high end models dont come to SG =D

Edited by yellowshaun

7 hours ago, ferrytales said:

I wonder how much sgreans gotta pay for a made in sg car, sure kena carrot head. 

I think it will still be the same, need to  pay ARF, excise, GST and COE. Could the OMV be more attractive as it is made locally?

As per onemotoring website, buying a new vehicle comes with taxes and fees which make up your total upfront vehicle costs (before AD markup)

1. Registration Fee (RF)

2. Additional Registration Fee (ARF)

3. Quota Premium for a Certificate of Entitlement (COE)

4. Road Tax

5. Excise Duty

6. Revised Carbon Emission-Based Vehicle Scheme (CEVS)

7. GST

8. Annual petrol/diesel compensation fee tax (For EV only)

Supercharged
1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

today's ST time Christopher already say, the price will be the same as sg impose import duty on all parts. Just hope that they will stay for long enough as I don't think suddenly most car buyers will turn to Hyundai. No one wants to buy Toyota, Merc, audit, vw and BMW anymore? just because it is made in SG? Made in Japan or Germany is no good? 

I hope Toyota build their next Mirai plant in SG too. We need a good mix of technology.

• Praise 4

Even import duty on all parts it should not be the same $$$ as they are getting part prices that are not at consumer level. Only reason prices same will be if someome tell hyundai to price locally built cars at a higher level. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tcx607 said:

As per onemotoring website, buying a new vehicle comes with taxes and fees which make up your total upfront vehicle costs (before AD markup)

1. Registration Fee (RF)

4. Road Tax

5. Excise Duty

7. GST

Agree, with reference to what you posted, the taxes / fees for a new car assembled in Singapore will be almost the same as imported. The OMV of car assembled in Singapore will be almost the same as other countries except that the local assembled will not attract shipping fees, storage fees and exchange rate difference. So minimum cost saving for consumers. 

48 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Even import duty on all parts it should not be the same $$$ as they are getting part prices that are not at consumer level. Only reason prices same will be if someome tell hyundai to price locally built cars at a higher level. 

For cars manufactured in other countries, some of the parts are not locally produce and are imported from other countries. For examples, some parts for JDM cars are imported from Thailand and other countries. So for hyundai cars assembled in Korea, there may also contained imported parts from other countries.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Atrecord said:

Malaysians used to buy proton as it was so cheap...

will cars made in SG also be very cheap here and therefore attractive to buy?

No. MSM also reported that cars assembled here won't be much cheaper. See few posts above on the tax structures / fees payable and you'll understand why.

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Tcx607 said:

1. Registration Fee (RF)

4. Road Tax

5. Excise Duty

7. GST

All item 1 to 8 did not occur naturally. It's the work of our dear scholars in the Govt.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Malaysians used to buy proton as it was so cheap...

will cars made in SG also be very cheap here and therefore attractive to buy?

The battery. Read between the lines.

Last time parents dont want to buy battery operated toy as batteries cost.

Hence only landed kids got electric powered toys.

I remembered that racing figure 8 formula cars. Sigh, could not afford it.

Hundreds of jobs for PRs, they Singaporean hor. Subject to the exigency of service, now go into the corner and suck thumb. Hyundai is in it for Koreans, not PR singaporeans.

Why no SG laoban? Do a Suzhou Industrial garden maybe.

Now you guys know why the livery scheme to meet the king.

I believe the Korean giant car maker clinched with deal with Singapore is to endorse recruitment exercise for local labour force and job creation based on Singapore infrastructure for this competitive car production industry, plus it's a win/win for both country.

Besides it is an electric cars, so automation will be strictly adhered by Robots, with stringent checks & quality control.

Surely the car itself is going to cost a lot.

Based on the estimates in the article. The plant will produce 30K EVs a year with 5K-6K sold locally. Such a low production volume. They have to sell each EV at a skyhigh price to make it profitable otherwise it's no point setting up shop here.

47 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Surely the car itself is going to cost a lot.

Based on the estimates in the article. The plant will produce 30K EVs a year with 5K-6K sold locally. Such a low production volume. They have to sell each EV at a skyhigh price to make it profitable otherwise it's no point setting up shop here.

Hyundai alone has a production capacity of 5 million cars per year. Their overseas car plants each make 200k-300k cars a year. 30k is a miniscule car plant and a drop in the ocean in comparison. I think SG incentivised them quite a bit to set up shop here.

Edited by Toeknee_33
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5