2020 United States Presidential Election

BabyBlade

Message added by BabyBlade

Donald Trump 2016

Biden 1 state away from the win! Most likely will take NV, and possibly PA as well since about 1mil mail in votes yet to be counted..

↡ Advertisement

Joe Biden has won Michigan. That means the Democrat hopeful needs just six Electoral College votes to claim victory in the presidential race - a win in any of the remaining states will do it.

Nevada, currently trending Biden, will give him precisely the six electoral votes needed to win the presidency. The trouble is that they are not going to start counting their votes again until 9am on Thursday, US time - that isn't until 4am tomorrow AEDT.

So, for those hoping for a quicker result, here are some possible pathways there today.

A large number of ballots are due to come in from Georgia at 1pm AEDT. These will be mainly mail-in ballots, which have been favouring Biden. FiveThirtyEight predicts there are about 200,000 votes still to come in Georgia, and Trump is currently ahead by about 60,000 votes. If that batch is as blue as some are saying it could be, Biden could win an unprecedented victory in the traditionally red state.

As we reported earlier, the batches of votes which are coming in from Pennsylvania are very blue now, with Trump's lead tightening by the minute. It is genuinely possible Biden will catch him here, although their vote count has been slow.

This is the other pathway to victory! 

12 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Agree, that's why I say Biden has a higher chance of winning.

See, that's why I say numbers do talk.

Then, a lot of my ex-bosses don't agree with me.

• Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

Biden 1 state away from the win! Most likely will take NV, and possibly PA as well since about 1mil mail in votes yet to be counted..

Likely for Biden to take PA as they are mostly mail in ballots, if not all. Looking at the numbers, the come in at a ratio of about 3:1 in bidens favour. There should be about 800k left of votes left and that may give another 400k of votes advantage to Biden and leading to an eventual ~100kish lead. My 2c only but it seems to be a likely scenario.

• Praise 1

Think trump also box himself in coz he specifically tell voters to vote in person don't mail in votes. If he never tell voters that and if the mail in ballot still also shows that weird jump to Biden..

Now no matter what I see, Biden confirm will win this election already. Unless something miracle happen in court dispute, trump Gg already.. 

45 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Trump will go to supreme court now [laugh]

In tv news mentioned trump wanted stop counting when he winning like in florida and ask for recount on places he lost😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

51 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Trump will go to supreme court now [laugh]

but whats the point?

if mail in vote is legal , allowed approved.

the judge can in front of every 1 flip white into black meh? even if they are trumps supporter.

at least must have a legal base or a valid reason.

Genuine question.  How to they ensure there is no double voting for mail in voting?

I could request for a mail in vote.  I send it over on eve of election day so it has not arrived by election day.   Then I go to the polling centre to vote.  There will be no records of me actually sending a vote (since mail has not arrived) so I still vote.  

Cos from accounts i believe they just count the mail in votes rather than first double check to see that the mail in votes have not voted earlier.  You dont need many.  Just a few thousand votes can change the results...  

And of cos other possibilities of fraud.

One thing I realise is that USA and the west tend to operate on the "honour system".  Like in the trains where there is no gantry to the train but just a ticket counter and so you are expected to buy a ticket before taking the train but nothing is stopping you from entering the train without a ticket (unless caught).  So maybe it's the same here.

But in such an election, I wonder if they took precautions against double voting or merely just rely on honour system...

Anyway I am not really vested though I did bet a cup of coffee with a friend over the outcome.

Just hope this is not @Throttle2 or @Enye

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.republicworld.com/amp/world-news/us-news/us-election-2020-mystery-businessman-from-uk-bets-4-pounds-million-on-trumps-victory.html

:D

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 2

6 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

If Biden wins, then we should see paralysis in the US govt like Obama's second term once again. Senate will just block. And Supreme Court already KKL.... 

This is what some people predict the worst case scenario.. Coz that means less stimulus, and as now markets is in life support for stimulus and if did not get one.. What will be market be? Only way is down.. 

Edited by Yewheng

I told everyone here already.

Blackout at polling station and then bags of votes for Biden magically appeared.

😁

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4