❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

17 minutes ago, Spring said:

True but it's way tastier. McChicken is almost tasteless but I long time nvr eat so not fair to comment, maybe improved?

I only eat filet o fish at MacD, dont really like to eat their mc chicken also unless no choice. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Singapore Cheapest Satay.  Q for 80 mins can only buy 20 sticks.

Stall start at 7pm.  Close at 8:30pm.

IMG_0957.jpg

Queue for 80 mins? Crazy siah! [dizzy] So how cheap?

• Haha! 4

12 hours ago, zipping said:

Ban mian at city plaza

IMG_20200903_112128_389.thumb.jpg.ac9b9a9662380f8a6c46be949a5113ae.jpg

Tabao banana pie fr dona manis cake shop

IMG_20200903_161352_613.thumb.jpg.89a94dab68df540600edea29e6cba656.jpg

This ba bian at city plaza business not bad. I tried twice before long time ago.

This banana pie from dona manis cake shop, until now still havent try cause always sold out when i was there, maybe i went there too late liao. 

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Singapore Cheapest Satay.  Q for 80 mins can only buy 20 sticks.

Stall start at 7pm.  Close at 8:30pm.

Where is this? Nice or not also impt but 80 mins is just too long to q

• Praise 5
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2020 at 9:40 PM, Shibadog said:

I like cempedak too.

Saw this at NTUC recently. In Malaysia, they call this a special breed of cempedak, not "durian cempedak". The seller in Yong Peng told me the name in mandarin, which I didn't understand. But it's really good. Actually it looks the same as what you bought.

cem1.thumb.jpeg.a060075aafd3acdc839722cd89e0a348.jpeg

Fried cempedak from blk 511 Bedok North. The stall also sells nasi lemak, as well as goreng pisang and other fried items.

cem2.thumb.jpeg.7d72f0de86ebcd76f0bce4ce00939166.jpeg

Actually the Durian Cempedak name for the one I bought should be correct (with sharp thorn like skin), but many supermarkets used the name on all cempedak sold in their store in bid to attract buyer. 

If I am not wrong, the grade name for durian cempedak is CH28, while the one in your photo (from NTUC is CH27). The other type, with super sweet, bright orange meat (grade name: Sri gading) is super rare here. 

CH28 has very good yield (lot of seeds per fruit), sweet and with a pungent but nice aroma, and medium to small seeds. I usually bought it at fruit stall in HDB neighbourhood for about $3 - $4/kg. This was another one I bought 2 years ago, one of the best I had. The 2nd photo didn't show the fresh color accurately, the 3rd photo is close but not as orange as the actual meat. 

M3wLX14.jpg

SX0JCPv.jpg

FlCCnan.jpg

On 9/1/2020 at 10:14 PM, Tohto said:

I saw it quite frequent at Bedok Reservoir SS.

Your one look like a bit too ripe.

I gave up on those sold in SS and even NTUC. They are too small to have reasonable yield. I bought a 1.7kg fruit at almost $10 2 weeks ago from SS, but only 7 seeds in total, and all not ripe yet (white colour meat and relatively hard) although the skin is already yellowish and soft. Luckily SS agree to refund me for my purchase.

7v1qHyZ.jpg

• Praise 18

1 hour ago, Spring said:

True but it's way tastier. McChicken is almost tasteless but I long time nvr eat so not fair to comment, maybe improved?

texas chicken tex supreme burger is chicken thigh. McSpicy and Zinger also.

Just whichever is your preference.

McChicken is more meat paste from various parts.

• Praise 1

Dinner. Shanghai green, napa cabbage, tau kwa, chicken in one dish. 

Last of my frozen cod. 

Tried the Kway Teow from market

20200903_185023_compress86.jpg

20200903_183104_compress66.jpg

20200903_184518_compress41.jpg

• Praise 19

2 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

Actually the Durian Cempedak name for the one I bought should be correct (with sharp thorn like skin), but many supermarkets used the name on all cempedak sold in their store in bid to attract buyer. 

If I am not wrong, the grade name for durian cempedak is CH28, while the one in your photo (from NTUC is CH27). The other type, with super sweet, bright orange meat (grade name: Sri gading) is super rare here. 

CH28 has very good yield (lot of seeds per fruit), sweet and with a pungent but nice aroma, and medium to small seeds. I usually bought it at fruit stall in HDB neighbourhood for about $3 - $4/kg. This was another one I bought 2 years ago, one of the best I had. The 2nd photo didn't show the fresh color accurately, the 3rd photo is close but not as orange as the actual meat. 

I gave up on those sold in SS and even NTUC. They are too small to have reasonable yield. I bought a 1.7kg fruit at almost $10 2 weeks ago from SS, but only 7 seeds in total, and all not ripe yet (white colour meat and relatively hard) although the skin is already yellowish and soft. Luckily SS agree to refund me for my purchase.

wow I've never seen the formal grading for cempedak. Good to know that.

I like the super orange ones. I found the pale ones to be bland.

Not sure what grade this is but it's really good even though only 95% ripe. The other one I opened a few days later was even better albeit somewhat more mushy (due to ripeness).

985513793_cemorange.jpeg.a95f637746b954e42855f5b9f67f124c.jpeg

i'm surprised SS refunded u for the cempedak with few seeds. I've also had the same experience but no refund. A cempedak (also below 2kg) only yield 5 seeds LOL. Bought fm a fruit stall in Pontian. 

Another time, I opened a cempedak and found - to my horror - a large number of maggots crawling inside [knife]

• Praise 9
  • Shocked 3

9 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

Not sure what grade this is but it's really good even though only 95% ripe. The other one I opened a few days later was even better albeit somewhat more mushy (due to ripeness).

i'm surprised SS refunded u for the cempedak with few seeds. I've also had the same experience but no refund. A cempedak (also below 2kg) only yield 5 seeds LOL. Bought fm a fruit stall in Pontian. 

Another time, I opened a cempedak and found - to my horror - a large number of maggots crawling inside [knife]

Protein to balance out the excess sugar?  😁😁

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Spring said:

I am also not sure as the last McChicken I ate was like 20+_ years ago. Still lousy to me.

• Haha! 3

53 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

You can find the formal grading of Cempedak from Department Of Agriculture Sarawak website

SS refund me because of the unripe fruit (meat were all white and hard), NOT for the low seed count. In fact they said this was the first time they encountered such scenario (the skin texture, colour as well as the strong aroma tell otherwise). Based on my experience, go for those 2Kg and above fruit with regular shape much safer (better yield).

With regards to the one you had, if it is more orange in actual than what your photo show, high likely the Sri Gading! May I know were you bought it?

39 minutes ago, TameDriver said:

Trying to pretend this is First Class cuisine on a flight 😄

20200903_154115.thumb.jpg.afc36feb15512523b6ac871996b2087a.jpg

Almost there. Next time try changing the container for your rice, and maybe add a drink to the set. :D  :D 

47dbc2266734d4e0c01dff0d678bb207.jpg

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, TameDriver said:

Trying to pretend this is First Class cuisine on a flight 😄

20200903_154115.thumb.jpg.afc36feb15512523b6ac871996b2087a.jpg

I dont think First Class on a flight cuisines serve in such containers. It would be proper plates. Only Economy Class gets such plating.[:/]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2