❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Nakhon kitchen got so atas? Thought usually in heartlands hdb shops. Lol

Theres one not far from my place. I find the Tom yum too sour and many things too spicy for my liking. Too authentic maybe haha. Ate two or three times then give up. But maybe its a branch issue. 

If it is not sour or spicy,  then I call it localise/modified Thai food.

Like the one in Yishun, opposite Chong Pang market beside KFC.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

7 hours ago, Tohto said:

I think this $5.90 is for the 20 pcs box.

The lowest I bought at SS id 3 boxes of 20 masks at $10. So total 60 masks.

For 50pcs mask, lowest I bought at SS is $13 or $14.

It is surgical masks? And the expiry date maybe only 2 or 3 years, thats why sell so cheap? Also maybe the quality of the mask not say very good? Cause i bought masks price quite cheap and the quality not say good, the string came off easily. 😅

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It is surgical masks? And the expiry date maybe only 2 or 3 years, thats why sell so cheap? Also maybe the quality of the mask not say very good? Cause i bought masks price quite cheap and the quality not say good, the string came off easily. 😅

Mask quality is good. SS has always selling cheaper than other from the beginning when mask start available. 

The boss is a good businessman. 

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Dinner at Mega Food Court. Hainan pork chop with cheese fries for dinner. The pork chop is good, very tender.

IMG-20200926-WA0001.thumb.jpg.f779aa543cad873c7bfdec1805c24933.jpg

In case you guys not familiar with this coffeeshop. 

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/balestier-road-coffee-shop-gutted-fire-0

Mega food court first time i hear balestier there have such food court? Is this the coffeeshop which sell 烧腊 de?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

If it is not sour or spicy,  then I call it localise/modified Thai food.

Like the one in Yishun, opposite Chong Pang market beside KFC.

Hmm that one is Bei Sheng zi char. I eat it every few weeks. There's zero Thai to me there. I go there cos I can call ahead and just pick up within 15 mins. 

辣到苦. No thanks lah. My spice tolerance is about medium. The Nakhon here in my estate is too much for me. My wife can't take as much spice as me, so no point also. 

The thais and Korean levels of spice cannot fight one lah. But due to the Thai weather I can understand. U need these to 开胃。

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Yup cheap one mask string comes off easily. The filter also feels different. 

Even my medical grade one got different ones. Some are better than others. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Yup cheap one mask string comes off easily. The filter also feels different. 

Even my medical grade one got different ones. Some are better than others. 

No wonder people always say 一分钱一分货。😂

On 9/25/2020 at 12:13 PM, 13177 said:

You one person eat so much luncheon meat ah? Lol.

The luncheon meat are of very thin slice as I like it to be crisper, so actually not a lot if you take into consideration of its thickness. 

On 9/25/2020 at 11:33 PM, 13177 said:

Their food taste still can maintain the same for >35 years also? 

So far their standard maintained for the gravy. Anyway it might not be the best Satay Bee Hoon in Singapore, but will be my must have a Boon Lay Market (if I am there at night) for sentimental reasons. 

20 hours ago, Tohto said:

Lunch. Queue for half hour. 

20200926_115707_copy_3024x2268.jpg

20200926_130423_copy_3024x2268.jpg

I quite like their duck, but not the gravy. I prefer Teochew style watery type of gravy. 

BTW heard on news that East Coast Lagoon Food Village will be close for 3 months upgrading from November. Time for me to go there before they are closed. 

12 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Nakhon kitchen got so atas? Thought usually in heartlands hdb shops. Lol

Theres one not far from my place. I find the Tom yum too sour and many things too spicy for my liking. Too authentic maybe haha. Ate two or three times then give up. But maybe its a branch issue. 

I didn't know the background of Nakhon Kitchen, but was told by daughter their food quite good, so decided to try them last night. 

I find the taste pretty close to authentic Thai food, especially the Tomyam soup. Level of spiciness is still not the real Thai level. :D

Cinnamon Roll by daughter. 

sQylHvo.jpg

ux50fbg.jpg

• Praise 17

7 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I didn't know the background of Nakhon Kitchen, but was told by daughter their food quite good, so decided to try them last night. 

I find the taste pretty close to authentic Thai food, especially the Tomyam soup. Level of spiciness is still not the real Thai level. :D

I go there dabao is all thais. Take order is Thai. Cooks, Service staff all Thai. 

Thais eat there also lol. 

• Haha! 4

13 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

BTW heard on news that East Coast Lagoon Food Village will be close for 3 months upgrading from November. Time for me to go there before they are closed.

Yah, east coast lagoon food centre and also zion road food centre will be close for reno.

I was there yesterday at zion road food centre wanting to eat duck rice but stall no open. 😅

• Praise 3

43 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I quite like their duck, but not the gravy. I prefer Teochew style watery type of gravy. 

Yes, outside the FC center there are banner informing closure of FC, from 4th Nov to somewhere in mid Feb.

I think quite bad for them as it cut through the year end school holiday.  Plus earlier CB period their business was affected for the FC. Now need to close another 3 month+.

BTW, saw the mask selling at SS. As @Fitvip mention. Very low price.

20200927_100131_copy_3024x2268.jpg

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 7

Dingji from my neighbourhood. Just realised This is a fei siong franchise after seeing the plastic bag and the aunty wearing a fei siong uniform. No wonder so many outlets. And the taste is very similar to EAT. (which I used to frequent). in fact, probably the same central kitchen chilli... 

I think it's OK for franchised food. Decent value for money with the half egg. That fake scallop is damn salty though. Almost inedible. 

20200927_103245_compress30.jpg

20200927_123017_compress33.jpg

• Praise 14

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Lunch: Fishball noodle at mei ling st food centre. Finally get to try this famous fishball noodle.

1E54C4D3-F11A-45D1-941F-E2BF782DE633.jpeg

6EFB0E99-96F6-446C-8DDB-8FF50E2EF33A.jpeg

How issit? Looks old school! 

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

How issit? Looks old school! 

I eat this pretty regularly, cos near my work area, it's good, like the chilli, always ask for extra and the auntie very nice one she will really give alot, shiok

Edited by SiLangKia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9