❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

8 hours ago, Lala81 said:

hmm the most unforgiveable for chicken or duck rice, is having to pick out bone fragments from your rice. Or having the xue shui (bone marrow/blood water) coming out of the chopped hainanese chicken rice bones.
Both i condemn.

My kids love DFF chicken rice, and at times can see abit of the blood and the meat not so well cook. But nobody complain as they like the taste haha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

It has been a long time since I eaten from any Wu Xiang stall.

Same same. Hard to find a good one.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Heartlander said:

My kids love DFF chicken rice, and at times can see abit of the blood and the meat not so well cook. But nobody complain as they like the taste haha.

I think u meant 東東發。

Well Traditional Cantonese cooking would say that the ideal 白斩鸡 bone marrow is not cooked though.

U see its perfectly fine if u are tearing the meat off the bone with your teeth or mouth. But unfortunately if u are chopping your meat up and putting it on a plate. That bone marrow water is just going to go everywhere. 

Salmonella is only killed at 70-74 deg Celsius. And the bone marrow of chickens can be infected with salmonella. 

There's a reason why most chicken rice stalls nowadays u chop through the bone and the marrow is solidified with no more 血水...

• Praise 5

@Tohtowanted to try that aburi Japanese rice bowl stall featured. But went there tonight. long queue. Settled for other stuff. Think need to eat during lunch on a weekday. 

Some other misc meals last few days. 

20201023_184803_compress36.jpg

20201021_191636_compress89.jpg

20201023_122251_compress57.jpg

20201022_183627_compress12.jpg

• Praise 13

36 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Dinner. 

AYDMZMI.jpg

DlM6KK9.jpg

I find this stall in a coffee shop the best I ever eaten. Parking is abit difficult though else would have eaten more often.

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/Lao+Zhong+Zhong+Eating+House/@1.3288842,103.8697358,21z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x31da1781b13ea1f5:0x5b0ae2f699f137aa!8m2!3d1.3289503!4d103.8697471

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

I think u meant 東東發。

Well Traditional Cantonese cooking would say that the ideal 白斩鸡 bone marrow is not cooked though.

U see its perfectly fine if u are tearing the meat off the bone with your teeth or mouth. But unfortunately if u are chopping your meat up and putting it on a plate. That bone marrow water is just going to go everywhere. 

Salmonella is only killed at 70-74 deg Celsius. And the bone marrow of chickens can be infected with salmonella. 

There's a reason why most chicken rice stalls nowadays u chop through the bone and the marrow is solidified with no more 血水...

I just checked again, is 东风发海南鸡饭. I used to patronise the stalls in Bedok Road HC and Blk 16 Bedok South HC.

https://ieatandeat.sg/tong-fong-fatt-hainanese-boneless-chicken-rice/

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

I find this stall in a coffee shop the best I ever eaten. Parking is abit difficult though else would have eaten more often.

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/Lao+Zhong+Zhong+Eating+House/@1.3288842,103.8697358,21z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x31da1781b13ea1f5:0x5b0ae2f699f137aa!8m2!3d1.3289503!4d103.8697471

This stall famous. But I haven't try before. Yeah parking... 

1 minute ago, Heartlander said:

I just checked again, is 东风发海南鸡饭. I used to patronise the stalls in Bedok Road HC and Blk 16 Bedok South HC.

https://ieatandeat.sg/tong-fong-fatt-hainanese-boneless-chicken-rice/

Yes. You are right. I'm wrong. For some reason I always call it 东东发。 Maybe linked it with Don Don donki haha. 

Hmm it's popular. But doesn't really wow me. But lot of loyal fans. Anyway chicken rice which is best is quite a personal preference. Usually due to chilli and rice. 

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yes. You are right. I'm wrong. For some reason I always call it 东东发。 Maybe linked it with Don Don donki haha. 

Hmm it's popular. But doesn't really wow me. But lot of loyal fans. Anyway chicken rice which is best is quite a personal preference. Usually due to chilli and rice. 

东风发 chicken rice? This one which have many outlets in food centre? I find their serving quite small and the sauce quite salty. 😂

• Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

This stall famous. But I haven't try before. Yeah parking... 

But you should give it a try one of these days if you like 五香. Really very nice. If you willing to pay abit more for parking, can park at The Venue condo just opposite the kopitiam which allows anyone to park as it has retail shops. Almost every stalls there are good - duck rice, porridge, ba chor mee, even the milk tea also better than average kopitam.

• Praise 5

15 minutes ago, 13177 said:

东风发 chicken rice? This one which have many outlets in food centre? I find their serving quite small and the sauce quite salty. 😂

This i agree. Must buy the more ex option at $3.50 then filling. 

• Haha! 2

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

their chicken is very small type. my friend and his wife (who doesnt eat much) eat half chicken...

Their half chicken is $9 iirc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1