❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

8 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Today just want to complain. Took 3 kids go long distance cycling with Ubin being a stop. Before leaving the island, order 4 fresh coconuts without asking prices thinking max $3.50 or thereabout. Abit shocked when asked to pay $20 as never pay $5 for a coconut before. Just across the sea the usual stall in Changi Village i always patronise selling only $2.50, should have got it there since i was not serve coconuts from Ubin but with similar ntuc packaging. Lesson learnt.

Ubin hardly have many visitors, so they sell $5 for one coconut so that they can survive? 🙄 Same like you buy coke at tourist attraction is much more expensive than non tourist attraction lo?! 😂

Anyway, the stall should display pricing for their beverages to avoid any misunderstanding. Stall seller also quite one kind.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dinner. Ninja chicken burger. Its actually quite good. The sauce combination. Tad sweet. But works well. 

My wife found some weevils in the spaghetti I bought few months ago. I only encountered them in rice before. Its a big packet so my wife removed the weevils. Will try to finish up the spaghetti next week. 

20201120_191954_compress38.jpg

IMG-20201120-WA0002_compress74.jpg

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 16

Sphagetti Neopolitan.

Sphagetti aglio olio.

Sphagetti alfredo.

Sphagetti soy sauce with sesame oil.

Choice of sides

Pork cutlet preferably pork belly.

Shrimp paste chicken.

Barbequed ribs.

Clam chowder soup or Borsch.

How long did you keep the sphagetti? 

Got weevils good, means not much processing.

44 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Dinner. Ninja chicken burger. Its actually quite good. The sauce combination. Tad sweet. But works well. 

My wife found some weevils in the spaghetti I bought few months ago. I only encountered them in rice before. Its a big packet so my wife removed the weevils. Will try to finish up the spaghetti next week.

I also encountered before that i found many weevils in the spaghetti which have already opened and kept in a container. 😓

Dinner - Roasted Duck Drumstick rice. 👍😋😋😋 Very nice. Rice very fragrant too cos coated with duck's oil.

Bought from Zhen Zhu Fang Roasted Delights. 20201117_185809_resize_74.jpg.21370febd853c19ffb8498b7f9d61377.jpg

20201117_190003_resize_40.jpg.8f756f1a455a0c4e4f7dde15d83d3422.jpg

TGIF. Stay safe all. 

Cheers 

• Praise 18

25 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

More spicy same price. So I max out on the chilli. More value for money. 

IMG_20200922_114817.jpg

Not a spicy person and not one to wanna max out on chilli just to get the most value out of the meal.

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

I also wanna try the Ninja burger some day.

• Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

Not a spicy person and not one to wanna max out on chilli just to get the most value out of the meal.

Irony is, max out and is hardly spicy at all. 

• Haha! 3

On 9/1/2020 at 8:38 PM, Carbon82 said:

Cempedak. Hardly can find them at fruit stalls this year.

fQxt2aB.jpg

cfKNwqf.jpg

2jasoKj.jpg

The pungent smell will stay in your sharan for days.😀

Value for money in a way, you paid once a get to smell it for days. 

• Praise 4

17 minutes ago, Othello said:

Dinner last night, Ah Orh @ Bedok Reservoir. My wife said cheapest is $48 which I find pricey. Soup is good, fish so-so. 

cf0903d4-87c6-45c5-ad21-9a00f8dd7b4e.thumb.jpg.35cd515d08baa4e41b715ad161cb6df5.jpg

Where siah? Near my place ah?

Internal Moderator
13 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Today just want to complain. Took 3 kids go long distance cycling with Ubin being a stop. Before leaving the island, order 4 fresh coconuts without asking prices thinking max $3.50 or thereabout. Abit shocked when asked to pay $20 as never pay $5 for a coconut before. Just across the sea the usual stall in Changi Village i always patronise selling only $2.50, should have got it there since i was not serve coconuts from Ubin but with similar ntuc packaging. Lesson learnt.

Just curious if anyone paid $5 for a ffesh coconut before in Ubin. I got in those makeshift stalls along the tracks only about $2.50 2 years back ircc. If $5 i sure remember haha.

I think jumbo seafood sell more ex. So is okay lah. if that makes your feel better. ahhaha

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Lala81 said:

IMG-20201120-WA0002_compress74.jpg

We haven't seen weevils since OC puts some cloves of garlic in the rice container. Perhaps it works with spaghetti too.

↡ Advertisement