❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

15 hours ago, Tohto said:

Nice, love bitter gourd pork ribs soup.

Good thing is my daughters also like it. Maybe because they start eating it when they are small.

Bitter gourd egg is also nice.

Normally younger people don't like it.

My mum usu add some kiam chye and dried oyster. Shiok

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Started with my fav CNY snack. First time tried this brand, really good and cheaper than lcg. OC friend recommended.

IMG_20210119_202253.jpg

Ya i like this brand as well. Sliced meat which is flavourful n not tough.

The recent 8 days article on ranking 16 Brands of Bak Kwa have them at no. 8 though, feel they shld be much higher up but to each his own I guess.

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/newsandopening/16-famous-bak-kwa-brands-ranked-from-worst-to-best-11144814

• Praise 11

49 minutes ago, Spring said:

The recent 8 days article on ranking 16 Brands of Bak Kwa have them at no. 8 though, feel they shld be much higher up but to each his own I guess.

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/newsandopening/16-famous-bak-kwa-brands-ranked-from-worst-to-best-11144814

I grew up eating the 12th ranked KHG....until 10? years ago when my parents and siblings found them too hard for our jaws liao.

Otherwise their spicy sliced pork is really delicious 🤤

• Praise 2

17 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

I grew up eating the 12th ranked KHG....until 10? years ago when my parents and siblings found them too hard for our jaws liao.

Otherwise their spicy sliced pork is really delicious 🤤

KHG is an old brand which was good previously but they hv been overtaken by other brands since.

There used to be a Kim Hock Choon at east coast (few doors away from the popular Beach Road prawn noodles shop) which I heard was the brother of KHG but this shop now no more. They used to blow big fans to cool the bak kwa after it was barbecued. Strange method which I don’t see anyone else doing it. 

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Spring said:

Dont know most of the bak kwa brand. Lol.

• Haha! 1

29 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont know most of the bak kwa brand. Lol.

Me too, as long as red and grilled, just jiak and talk later. Fragrance one is confirmed shitty to me. :D  

• Haha! 1

22 hours ago, TangoCharlie said:

Started with my fav CNY snack. First time tried this brand, really good and cheaper than lcg. OC friend recommended.

IMG_20210119_202253.jpg

Please support Kim Joo Guan. My friend's father's business.

• Praise 3