❤️ What Did You Makan Today? ❤️

BabyBlade

Tao sa pia. Was driving to hire bakery but sold out. Bought Tao as Pua. Not too bad, preferred the sweet one. Not too buttery but very crispy 

52FA2CD3-D67C-4B5C-B2D0-E55B20748BE7.jpeg

• Praise 12

11 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Difficult to find good laska with fresh hum... Come with everything but no HUM! 

xTaf37l.jpg

Nowadays people are health conscious, so laksa usually no hum now. 😂

1 minute ago, Wind30 said:

Tao sa pia. Was driving to hire bakery but sold out. Bought Tao as Pua. Not too bad, preferred the sweet one. Not too buttery but very crispy 

52FA2CD3-D67C-4B5C-B2D0-E55B20748BE7.jpeg

Is this 639 loong fatt at balestier? How long you took to queue for this? I always see super long queue whenever i pass by there de.

8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Is this 639 loong fatt at balestier? How long you took to queue for this? I always see super long queue whenever i pass by there de.

Three  people in queue, took maybe 3 mins. Its at balestier. I ate one right after i bought it and its really nice. Warm very crispy like right out of oven.

• Praise 3

48 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Can order online. 

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Mazdaowner said:

Chicken rice with liver. 

21B315D7-E311-409B-B292-A8CD746BEB2F.jpeg

that's gizzard right. not liver. 

Chicken liver is quite er xin. Very sandy and overcooked outside.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

xTaf37l.jpg

I think there is a shortage of cockles. Yesterday, my CKT hum was so tiny that it can be easily missed.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Three  people in queue, took maybe 3 mins. Its at balestier. I ate one right after i bought it and its really nice. Warm very crispy like right out of oven.

Only three? You are so lucky. I heard this tar sah piah is nice, but never get to see a short queue at this store. Default like queue is at least 10 persons. Lol.

1 hour ago, Mason016 said:

How can laksa no hum? It’s like CKT with no hum. Bleh! [laugh]

Over the weekend, I was reading a CNA article on Malaysian chinese stuck here in SG for the CNY.

One of the interviewee's quotes is "It's like eat CKT with no cockles, the definition of NO POINT"  [laugh]

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

My neighbourhood hawker laksa default no hum.

Hum is additional 50 cents.

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I think there is a shortage of cockles. Yesterday, my CKT hum was so tiny that it can be easily missed.

Local cockles are mostly harvested off the western side of Johor. Very suspectible to climate change and the sedimentation issue.
The last decade of the chinese housing mega projects changed the shore situation over there. 

The hum nowadays all very small. I haven't eaten a decent sized one for years actually other than at Pu Tien where i guess they pay more for their supply.

• Praise 3

Had soup buntut at Kelantan lane coffeeshop. Meat is tender, falls off easily with flavourful soup taste. Seems ayam penyet quite popular as well, will target next time.

IMG_20210127_115634.jpg

• Praise 17

24 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

that's gizzard right. not liver. 

Chicken liver is quite er xin. Very sandy and overcooked outside.

😂😂 my colleague bought got me, thought it was liver till I looked again. Buy liow just jiak. 

Lunch - Usual at LYP KouFu 😋😋😋😋🤭20210127_165520_resize_89.thumb.jpg.3a4dd37c8f39ce81b09c66ad8e1f874c.jpg

20210127_165530_resize_57.jpg.f1dc8fd19fcec788e43d212664c4fe5b.jpg

20210127_165912_resize_26.jpg.f82916a2bb750b6aacc5802cbb75222d.jpg

Tried this drink at LiHo LYP - Aloe Vera with lychee rose, zero sugar. Nice! Not a fan of bubble tea, yet got gian to try. Recommended by the staff. 👍

20210127_171337_resize_87.thumb.jpg.1ec1c0b6ac478a167eab82db3cf44967.jpg

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 17